The Official Kobe X iD thread

All 3 of my pairs so far have the darker blend on the left. Love the lighter blend - more reminiscent of the IX MC.

And your pair minus the speckles look great, but I would think if you want speckles send them back because of the flaw and order again and hopefully get the speckles.

And yeah, that flaw would bug me enough to send them back.
call them and request for a remake so you can use the current pair while waiting..

Last edited:
call them and request for a remake so you can use the current pair while waiting..
Eh. I ordered 4 pairs initially with the black medial - got 3 so far. Sent one back, still waiting on one. May keep the one I'm waiting on, and send the other 2 back.

Ordered 3 more with grey medial, but before I decide on any of the ones from the first batch, I want to see the yarn blend on the 3 new ones. Would like to keep one with the darker blend - which may mean one of the black medial pairs (probably the black swoosh/tongue/liner/laces and black translucent pair).

^^^

yeah hoping I get a "decent" black medial blend also so I can keep a pair.. if not, no biggie since my red pair has the darker weave.. expecting my wolf grey pairs to have more volt and pop more.. keep us posted..

Here's a better question: do YOU think it's a big deal. That's what would determine my decision whether to complain or return
Was trying to see if anyone else had this on their pair. Leaning towards returning but the blend is so nice, pops so much. Wish my SL1 was here

I like 'em better with no speckles.. looks really clean!
nthat.gif

Man I hope a couple of my pairs to come have this kind of weave. Nice! I think you are better off w/o speckles btw

All 3 of my pairs so far have the darker blend on the left. Love the lighter blend - more reminiscent of the IX MC.

And your pair minus the speckles look great, but I would think if you want speckles send them back because of the flaw and order again and hopefully get the speckles.

And yeah, that flaw would bug me enough to send them back.
Thanks for the opinions. Repped
I asked the employee at the nike outlet what they do with ids and she said that they destroy them!? Thats news to me, i thought that they sell em for the low.
Not exactly true. If they're new they resell it at store, if its a used return then they recycle them

Ya know, the X started out slow for me - I didn't even buy a pair until the Rose Golds dropped. Now I've got a lot of the GR stuff, some HTMS, and, currently like 9 ID's either in hand or on the way. Sheesh. Turning out as serious as the IX for me. Damn you FK Kobes!

Evened out the black medials by painting them myself. They look much cleaner but still bugging the **** outta me so I'm gonna return them. Ordered a new pair with grey medial.

Last edited:
Evened out the black medials by painting them myself. They look much cleaner but still bugging the **** outta me so I'm gonna return them. Ordered a new pair with grey medial.

So you painted them and now you're sending them back? That's grimey.

So you painted them and now you're sending them back? That's grimey.

How's that grimy? I didn't randomly mark the **** out of it ruining the shoe, it def looks much better. Unfortunately I can't rid the shoes of Nike's sloppy smudges in that area so that's why I'm returning them.

The original messed up paint job and smudges that came with them when I paid $272 is grimy. FOH Nike sheep.

Last edited:
How's that grimy? I didn't randomly mark the **** out of it ruining the shoe, it def looks much better. Unfortunately I can't rid the shoes of Nike's sloppy smudges in that area so that's why I'm returning them.

The original messed up paint job and smudges that came with them when I paid $272 is grimy. FOH Nike sheep.

LMAO at calling me a Nike sheep. Has nothing to do with my comment. I agree that they dropped the ball on the black medials. There is no denying that. Should have sent them back in the first place. I didn't like my black medial pair so I sent them back. Nothing wrong with that. You painted them first and are now sending them back. I personally think that's grimy. But don't mind me.

Going to order a replacement?

Edit: Saw that you ordered a grey medial pair.

Last edited:
Do you mind post pics.  I'd like to see how they turned out.

I think someone said it's really dependent on the store/manager.
I asked the employee at the nike outlet what they do with ids and she said that they destroy them!? Thats news to me, i thought that they sell em for the low.

Oh hell nah, thats like killing the kittens that get sent to the animal shelter...:smh:

Then again I've seen some of your ID's, they should be put down :nerd:

Lol, my id's? I only posted my mc pair which i thought was still dope minus the paint job. Woulda kept em if they did a cleaner job

My first pair came in. Have two more pairs coming (one with white liner/laces/tongue & one with crimson medial) before I decide if I want to keep these
These are clean man. I think you should keep it. You're going to regret returning it.

Back
Top Bottom