The Official Kobe X iD thread

Grinch's look nice but can't compare to the og. Hope Nike doesn't mess it up with only half the shoe like they did the mc :smh:

I hope they let us use that green midsole... I can deal with the white but sheesh. I don't think they're going to do the assym on these. Hopefully..

Yea they should give the green midsole as an option but I'll guess and say they won't. They also should have made these available way before starting the order on December 22nd.

Last edited:
 perfect representation of kobe imo, villain, crazy colorway, released on xmas day against lebron and co.

I don't get the fascination with the grinch. The shoe is one solid colour, nothing special really.
Why do you always have to post negative comments in here?

The Grinch 6 is very special for a number of reasons. One, He wore them only once on Xmas day vs his rival Lebron & newly assembled Heat. While everyone wears their Xmas edition sneakers that day Kobe went the other route to become the villain(sort of speak) and spoil Lebrons coming out party. The Grinch totally fits his personality. It was also a unique colorway yet to be seen on another shoe at the time. Don't know exact numbers but seem to be pretty limited. Also has a nostalgic effect with the movie we've all seen as kids   

Looks like everybody's pairs are stuck in China at the moment. Glad I'm not the only one but hopefully someone from UPS learns how to load a plane soon because I wanna see these MC's in person.

Like i dunno about the naming thing, but the vino CW was pretty green. lol

Not sure about the solid uppers not getting nick names and hype. Some look pretty good.

The Grinch 6 is very special for a number of reasons. One, He wore them only once on Xmas day vs his rival Lebron & newly assembled Heat. While everyone wears their Xmas edition sneakers that day Kobe went the other route to become the villain(sort of speak) and spoil Lebrons coming out party. The Grinch totally fits his personality. It was also a unique colorway yet to be seen on another shoe at the time. Don't know exact numbers but seem to be pretty limited. Also has a nostalgic effect with the movie we've all seen as kids   
I hope he wears them this year!

If Nike would have put this option out with the IX's, they would have been definitely a must have.

I don't get the fascination with the grinch. The shoe is one solid colour, nothing special really.

I guess you're forgetting that Nike also made grinch colourways in other models for that game.

I don't care what the history is for the shoe, I'm just saying it's pretty plain looking. I would get them for under retail. No more. I'm allowed to have an opinion, if you feel it's negative then ignore it rather than posting an essay without knowing your facts.

If Nike would have put this option out with the IX's, they would have been definitely a must have.
Well the Mamba Moments came out around the same time last year. Not full volt but mostly volt.

Nike should start offering some kind of discount on IDs, like they do Clearance shoes. I know they won't though.

I get what your saying, too bad the Lakers lost that game though. I remember that starting 5 for LA, almost all of them had grinch themed kicks. I miss those glory days.

Last edited:
I guess you're forgetting that Nike also made grinch colourways in other models for that game.

I don't care what the history is for the shoe, I'm just saying it's pretty plain looking. I would get them for under retail. No more. I'm allowed to have an opinion, if you feel it's negative then ignore it rather than posting an essay without knowing your facts.
I remember Gasol & Shannon Brown wearing some light green shoes if thats what you're referring to. And if you were those were PE's so I don't know what your exactly talking about.

In response to your other comments, Yes, you are allowed an opinion, but if its always negative towards others in here do us all a favor and just don't post on this thread. You're probably young and weren't taught these things growing up but when someone pays $270 for a shoe and posts it on here you might not wanna reply "That's Ugly" and kill their joy.

And please, a kid from Toronto shouldn't try to educate a man from Los Angeles about anything Kobe. If you want to give advice on maple syrup then go ahead other than that keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Good luck getting Grinches for UNDER retail 
roll.gif

I remember Gasol & Shannon Brown wearing some light green shoes if thats what you're referring to. And if you were those were PE's so I don't know what your exactly talking about.

In response to your other comments, Yes, you are allowed an opinion, but if its always negative towards others in here do us all a favor and just don't post on this thread. You're probably young and weren't taught these things growing up but when someone pays $270 for a shoe and posts it on here you might not wanna reply "That's Ugly" and kill their joy.

And please, a kid from Toronto shouldn't try to educate a man from Los Angeles about anything Kobe. If you want to give advice on maple syrup then go ahead other than that keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Good luck getting Grinches for UNDER retail :rofl:

Making attacks based on where I live.. And I'm the young one without life lessons? How mature.

Under retail is doable if you have connects. I guess living in Canada never stopped me from networking. If I was in LA I'm sure I would have had more.

My MC Redo's are in Long Beach, should have them tomorrow. But my Mambas are stuck just like everyone else's.

I remember the Grinches dropping, but the color was too loud for me at that time, so I never tried to attempt to cop or chase them down #regrets

Back
Top Bottom