The Official Kobe X iD thread

Received pair 1 of 2 of my Grinch's (size 13 default with Volt laces). Very happy with them!!

Can't wait to see how the other pair turned out (volt tongue/red laces), has said build complete for about a week now, but no shipping confirmation.....

Got my started email today even though on my orders page it has said in progress since day 1. Then this is what the email looks like :smh: guess I'm getting the famed invisible pair

View media item 1879839
I just hope I get them in some sort of timely fashion. This has really been Coal Hearted by Nike.

People think I'm crazy for canceling my order but some things just turn me off. I never got an update about my kicks. When I called nobody knew why there was a delay. In fact, no one knew where my order was. I ordered in the first half hour. To see people who literally place an order right before the deadline and already get pairs infuriates me lol. If I'm paying nearly $300 for something, I would appreciate a little better customer support/service. People were receiving cancellation emails and every day I'd be waking up dreading to see it lol. It pays for a peace of mind.

It wasn't a waste at all tho. I've received a total of 45% off in promo codes for all the troubles and there's a size 12 in a Facebook group for $280. I feel it's a major win lol

People think I'm crazy for canceling my order but some things just turn me off. I never got an update about my kicks. When I called nobody knew why there was a delay. In fact, no one knew where my order was. I ordered in the first half hour. To see people who literally place an order right before the deadline and already get pairs infuriates me lol. If I'm paying nearly $300 for something, I would appreciate a little better customer support/service. People were receiving cancellation emails and every day I'd be waking up dreading to see it lol. It pays for a peace of mind.

It wasn't a waste at all tho. I've received a total of 45% off in promo codes for all the troubles and there's a size 12 in a Facebook group for $280. I feel it's a major win lol

This is how I feel. I understand. I just got a started email but now I want to cancel. I don't like how this has been handled.

I definitely understand the frustration, and don't blame people for cancelling.  

I don't buy the "materials/shortage/issue" story Nike reps were feeding some customers, I really think it was the cluster of orders prior to the Christmas holiday season and New Year's that backed everything up, since the factories were likely closed for a good amount of time.  As orders placed after the new year seemed to get in and get made pretty quick compared to those before.  

This is how I feel. I understand. I just got a started email but now I want to cancel. I don't like how this has been handled.

Exactly. Nike could've done better. Definitely felt like my business wasn't cared for. Sure, what's my $300 to them? But we all should feel valued. I didn't

I definitely understand the frustration, and don't blame people for cancelling.  

I don't buy the "materials/shortage/issue" story Nike reps were feeding some customers, I really think it was the cluster of orders prior to the Christmas holiday season and New Year's that backed everything up, since the factories were likely closed for a good amount of time.  As orders placed after the new year seemed to get in and get made pretty quick compared to those before.  

Yes! It's like we got pushed to the back while newer orders got the priority

Here is my 2 cents...
Whenever I order something online from any other retailer I'm not provided with updates other than an estimated delivery date. Eventually maybe even tracking info.
Granted this IS Nike and it is a custom order. However, as far as I'm concerned, Nike did their part by providing an ETA and also a disclaimer that this is a custom order and may take 6 weeks. Updates or anything more is done so as courtesy and is never a "requirement"
If the 6 weeks has passed and I don't have my product?...time to get cray cray!
But dat jus me tho!

Here is my 2 cents...
Whenever I order something online from any other retailer I'm not provided with updates other than an estimated delivery date. Eventually maybe even tracking info.
Granted this IS Nike and it is a custom order. However, as far as I'm concerned, Nike did their part by providing an ETA and also a disclaimer that this is a custom order and may take 6 weeks. Updates or anything more is done so as courtesy and is never a "requirement"
If the 6 weeks has passed and I don't have my product?...time to get cray cray!
But dat jus me tho!

I can wait for the estimate date. But Nike needs to explain to me why orders put in way after the initial date gets approved and process while most of us got cancelled. I got Megged for not even using a bot.

I can wait for the estimate date. But Nike needs to explain to me why orders put in way after the initial date gets approved and process while most of us got cancelled. I got Megged for not even using a bot.

That's the issue. And also if Nike is going to offer updates, it has to be consistent. Now even if it's a courtesy they need to still to provide the same service for ALL. It can't be 1 group getting updates and another group not getting updates. Gotta go full throttle or not go at all.

With that said, part of me ordering my Grinches at launch was to have them as early as possible. May sound lame but I wanted to be one of the first guys flaunting their pairs. If I knew I could've walked to the line instead of camping, I would've walked, took photos, kissed babies on my way to the line lol

People are losing their minds and its not even 2/8 yet. 
laugh.gif

But they haven't missed the date yet, so who cares?
It's like deadlines at a business. If a deadline is set for let's say supplies, I don't give a damn what, when or the manner in which you do it. As long as I get my supplies by the deadline given. Hell you can even start making them 2 days prior then fed ex them the next day so that I get them by the deadline. Would be the same as starting to make them a month prior. Again. Just my opinion. Just me. Not directing to anyone.

Last edited:
At least Nike had the courtesy of sending emails when the MC 9s were delayed.

As I stated in my earlier post, Nike botched this release IMO.  They should have been released early to mid December (not this late in the cycle with the 11 dropping weeks later and the Christmas holiday).

Those orders were mishandled poorly on their part.  It sucks for those who placed orders immediately and were cancelled, or haven't heard anything.  It's been one month as of this day.

If I can recall, the same happened with the 9. Glitch orders placed after the 9s sold out were processed and shipped out before others.  

I don't blame those that want to cancel due to non communication.  I just held out until my order was started, or I was getting a code.  Either way I was getting something out of this fiasco.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom