The Official Kobe X iD thread

So I can't make sharks then?
frown.gif
Nope, but again, make something YOU like.  Or wait until people's pairs start coming in in about a month and decide for yourself.

It's iD, so have fun with it.  That's what I did.  Didn't care too much for any of the HTMs this year, but I've always wanted a gum sole, so that's what I got.  I like the lows, so made myself a Rose Gold Low CW as well.  Don't like the highs, since it really is just a gimmick now.  The high top has no support at all, it's just fabric hah.

Why are y'all so obsessed with recreating the Sharks?

It's NikeID. Do you. Thats what it's all about.

Make something original that means something to yourself.
Couldn't agree more.

Best IX MC to me looked nothing like originals or "boring pair".

Wish they had Team Red this year.

Why are y'all so obsessed with recreating the Sharks?

It's NikeID. Do you. Thats what it's all about.

Make something original that means something to yourself.

for real though

seems like everyone just wants to ride the same uncreative wave 
I understand where you guys are coming from.. personally for me, I really like the "no imagination" & "uncreative" designs.. first off they're simple.. second you can wear them with much more.. I normally make a few iD's but my go to pairs are the "no imagination" & "uncreative" pairs.. I have a few designs on the cart right now but am waiting to see what the actual pairs look like in person.. the most important thing is I LIKE what I'm making.. when someone starts paying for my iD's, I can start ordering more pairs "with imagination" & "creativeness" that you can only wear with limited gear or outfits..
wink.gif
laugh.gif

But you can't recreate the Sharks so to even call them that doesn't make sense.

Okay, how about people attempting to recreate the Sharks as similar to the color way as they can without having to drop a rack or two from a reseller.

Umm? correct me if Im wrong guyz, but there is NO guarantee that a MC option for the X is even gunna happen?  WE are the ones spreading this hope, rumor, etc..are we not? lol I would love it to be true aswell, but just cause we had it last year doesn't mean it will happen for the X.

IMO Nike would be dumb as hell not to release the MC but.....We will see.

Ignore this if its been confirmed that we are getting a MC pages back, as I didn't feel like reading past posts. ha
Even if Nike said there was no MC FK someone would still believe there was one. 

Actually they would be smart not to release a MC at least wait til after gr cws drop; cuz last yr proved most werent interested in GR FK cuz of the MC IDs 

How about we just let dudes make what they want? Nike gave us options that resemble sharks almost 1 for 1.. if dudes want to make a pair close to it, let them. It's one of the cleanest pairs you can make.. If people want to get "creative" I bet half of this thread would question the person's choices of colors, soles etc.

This happens every year in every iD thread.. just let dudes make what they want, if they want to make something special they will. My two cents, just tired of this "creative" talk every year.

Last edited:
^^^^ Agreed.  

It ain't my $260, so who cares what someone makes or wants to replicate, that's the whole point of iD, do you.    

And I totally get why people wanna make sharks, it's a dope colorway and was never really released to 99% of the world.  

I'm never one to "copy" a design but sometimes there the BEST. The HTM Kobes were insane. Why wouldn't someone want to imitate that design? Just like the Jordan Bred 1 or Concords 11-sometimes Nikes factory releases are 100% on point. There's no need to alter perfection just for the sake of creativity or to say you're not a follower. Some of the super creative designs arent aesthetically pleasing and they don't have a clean aesthetic to them and they don't match well with many outfits. The shark teeth are pure perfection. If I have an opportunity to re-create that model, a model that only released some 40 pairs in Milan, damn sure I'm gonna do to.

There's no need for twenty different people to cover ten pages straight of the ID thread discussing only the Sharks and how they can best copy the sharks. Not to mention the same question being asked every third page, "What sole is closest??? Does this look like them?" etc. Gets repetitive and takes the interesting out of our community.

There's no need for twenty different people to cover ten pages straight of the ID thread discussing only the Sharks and how they can best copy the sharks. Not to mention the same question being asked every third page, "What sole is closest??? Does this look like them?" etc. Gets repetitive and takes the interesting out of our community.
This.

I'm never one to "copy" a design but sometimes there the BEST. The HTM Kobes were insane. Why wouldn't someone want to imitate that design? Just like the Jordan Bred 1 or Concords 11-sometimes Nikes factory releases are 100% on point. There's no need to alter perfection just for the sake of creativity or to say you're not a follower. Some of the super creative designs arent aesthetically pleasing and they don't have a clean aesthetic to them and they don't match well with many outfits. The shark teeth are pure perfection. If I have an opportunity to re-create that model, a model that only released some 40 pairs in Milan, damn sure I'm gonna do to.
I agree.  I'm not a designer and I don't claim to be.  Nike has damn good designers who can do it far better than I can and I have no problem copying HTMs (which are some of the best and cleanest designs Nike makes).  So I don't care if I bite off of someone else's design as long as I love it. 

Back
Top Bottom