The Official Kobe X iD thread

I like the volt airbags on those. Most of my wish-list consists of various designs on the grey flyknit. Still debating on the soles though, as much as I like the transparent, might have to make some with the solid ones for longevity's sake.

Nike support coming in clutch. I used my 20% code about 8 months ago on a roshe ID, didn't like the design in person so I returned it and never bothered to ask about the coupon if it possible to get it back.. I asked this morning and the dude gave another as a one time exception. If any of you guys have a similar situation hopefully this can help you get another and save some money. It's too bad I already bought one of these, I'll just save the coupon for the MC option if it ever comes XD

^^^

had one like that on the cart too as it's sooo clean but figured I already have something similar with the Sharks..

It's funny how this "sneaker culture" has affected my sense of giving. Probably get bashed for even mentioning this but I have a 20% code that I'm not using and will probably never use but I don't even have enough confidence in this "community" to give it to someone blindly and hope they'll use it justly instead of trying to capitalize on it in some backhanded manner. Really goes to show how poorly the internet portrays and entire community of hobbyist

I have no way of figuring out how to give it away so please do us both a favor and don't DM asking for it. Only mentioned to make a point. Not trying to come off as a D

hell yea it's greedy when it didn't cost people money to get it. Charging like $20 bucks is cool but coming out the gate asking for $40? Smh

It did cost them money, time, and a bad experience to acquire that code. Unless you're talking about those unapproved generated codes which still cost that person time to create and you're looking for some sort of morality from individuals doing shady stuff. Odd...

Last edited:
It's funny how this "sneaker culture" has affected my sense of giving. Probably get bashed for even mentioning this but I have a 20% code that I'm not using and will probably never use but I don't even have enough confidence in this "community" to give it to someone blindly and hope they'll use it justly instead of trying to capitalize on it in some backhanded manner. Really goes to show how poorly the internet portrays and entire community of hobbyist
It did cost them money, time, and a bad experience to acquire that code. Unless you're talking about those unapproved generated codes which still cost that person time to create and you're looking for some sort of morality from individuals doing shady stuff. Odd...
I totally agree with you. I posted last night about a new HOH opening up in Calgary (Canada) and the list of re-releases (SBB, CHI 1s, GONE FISHING Foams etc..) that were going to be there and I get this for sharing:

"Lets give it up for the biggest douchebaag sneaker community! Great job for putting 403 on."

Anyone who's into sneaks and has social media would have had access to this information already and sharing it in a form that's dedicated to sneakers is where it should of been posted trying to help those that missed on previous releases. It's a community, that thread is basically where can I go to get a pair if I'm visiting "X" city. Let everyone TRY and eat and give them a fair shot is my opinion.

So now I'm going to think twice about posting, not really srs

Anyways rant over.. I'd put that code to good use to get my first ID btw.  

These shoes are crazy expensive and you have to wait 4-5 weeks, the only reason I pulled the trigger was the combination of discounted gift cards, ebates & 25% discount (besides an incredible shoe) that I got after being told my NIKE+account was verified by a NIKE rep and all good to go for the raffle to only be told that my password was incorrect and ended up missing out on the raffle. I felt it was justified to get a discount because I had seven prior communications to me missing out on the raffle. But I really hope this community doesn't harass NIKE reps for discount codes otherwise the customers who get totally screwed product will likely ending up loosing out(that's usually how it works-I remember this playing out last year and it went from being very lenient to extremely stingy).

On the other hand I don't blame anyone trying to save a few bucks on the sneakers I think they're extremely classy, clean,and timeless but there 250 plus tax.
I don't know why Nike can't reduce the waiting time or building time. NEW BALANCE can do it in a couple days(I know there based in the US) Nike needs to up their game and at least cut the wait time in half.
*Does anyone know if they're supposed to get the shoes in your hands by certain number of days? (This is my first time doing this).

ALSO JUST NOTICED EBATES DROPED THE NIKE %back from 8% to 3%. Damn....

Last edited:

I have no way of figuring out how to give it away so please do us both a favor and don't DM asking for it. Only mentioned to make a point. Not trying to come off as a D

Why not mention everything you said, all of the BS you pointed out (most rings true) But really no need to dangle a 20% off code "That you will never use". Not everyone has major cash and on a shoe this expensive that makes a difference, about 50 bucks.

Got my designs down. I am ordering the top pair for sure. Now the real question is go for the bruce lee or amnesty? In the long run ill probably end up with all three.

Got a 10% off coupon woot woot lol. Just waiting for the Cheetos to come out so I can figure out what size I need.

Amnesty are dope. Is there a color option to make the midsole a darker shade of purple?

Does anybody have a picture of the blue glow sole on these? I feel like they might come out more blue than they look online.

Last edited:
Remember when Nike used to post pics on their fb to get an idea of the materials and colours? [emoji]128528[/emoji]

These shoes are crazy expensive and you have to wait 4-5 weeks, the only reason I pulled the trigger was the combination of discounted gift cards, ebates & 25% discount (besides an incredible shoe) that I got after being told my NIKE+account was verified by a NIKE rep and all good to go for the raffle to only be told that my password was incorrect and ended up missing out on the raffle. I felt it was justified to get a discount because I had seven prior communications to me missing out on the raffle. But I really hope this community doesn't harass NIKE reps for discount codes otherwise the customers who get totally screwed product will likely ending up loosing out(that's usually how it works-I remember this playing out last year and it went from being very lenient to extremely stingy).

On the other hand I don't blame anyone trying to save a few bucks on the sneakers I think they're extremely classy, clean,and timeless but there 250 plus tax.
I don't know why Nike can't reduce the waiting time or building time. NEW BALANCE can do it in a couple days(I know there based in the US) Nike needs to up their game and at least cut the wait time in half.
*Does anyone know if they're supposed to get the shoes in your hands by certain number of days? (This is my first time doing this).

ALSO JUST NOTICED EBATES DROPED THE NIKE %back from 8% to 3%. Damn....

They already do. You'll see people say "I'm going to try and get a code because my box was a little damaged." And stuff like that. I've had major issues and have been denied from codes. But a lot of people on these boards actively try and get them. Nike has been catching on and being more strict than before.

Amnesty are dope. Is there a color option to make the midsole a darker shade of purple?
Nah I don't think so. I am kinda liking the fact that it can at least be a two toned purple. I know on the real pair the outsole was lighter than the midsole. This is vice versa but its pretty close to amnesties. Too bad the flywire isn't changeable

Back
Top Bottom