The Official Kobe X iD thread

You guys are serious about that "Chaos" pair?

That's hot?

Wow, what's the origination, or what made this "hot", because there is no way that really looks good before group think or a limited production precursor of some sort.

Mind blown...

That's hot?

Wow, what's the origination, or what made this "hot", because there is no way that really looks good before group think or a limited production precursor of some sort.

Mind blown...

the inspiration is previous kobe models.. specifically the 5's and 6's.

the chaos 4's were different colours.

That's hot?

Mind blown...

I agree with you. No hate though, people have different tastes. One person isn't going to like what the next person likes. To each their own.

That's hot?

Mind blown...
That's the thing about opinions, man, each person has 'em. You got 'em, I got 'em, Peyton Manning has 'em. That's wild man. 

So the 5 and 6 are that color I'm seeing here?

They didn't do a 7, 8, 9? 
Chaos 5
View media item 1649259
Chaos 6
View media item 1649260
The 6s are what most Chaos iDs since then seem to be inspired by or based off.

No Chaos 7s or 8s, but the Masterpiece 9s have a volt/purple/red/black flyknit color combo because the colors are directly taken from the Chaos colorway. Like al3x89 said, the 4s were different colors because those were specifically inspired by Heath Ledger's Joker costume in The Dark Knight.

View media item 1649269

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Wayne141  

So the 5 and 6 are that color I'm seeing here?

They didn't do a 7, 8, 9? 
Chaos 5

Chaos 6

The 6s are what most Chaos iDs since then seem to be inspired by or based off.

No Chaos 7s or 8s, but the Masterpiece 9s have a volt/purple/red/black flyknit color combo because the colors are directly taken from the Chaos colorway. Like al3x89 said, the 4s were different colors because those were specifically inspired by Heath Ledger's Joker costume in The Dark Knight.
@Wayne141

I appreciate the explanation. I googled the Chaos/Kaos a few days and came across so many different CW's I was unsure which was original if any because they all were quite a bit different.

I knew there had to be a previous model to coin the term or reference though. Thanks man.

Last edited:
Thanks. I guess it's confirmed to be painted then

this. but for most of the nters that have been in the last 2 threads...it was a foregone conclusion when pics first surfaced of the colored pairs.

repped to the dude that finally confirmed it, seems like other owners of colored pairs were salty about it and didnt want to confirm it. :smh:

this. but for most of the nters that have been in the last 2 threads...it was a foregone conclusion when pics first surfaced of the colored pairs.

repped to the dude that finally confirmed it, seems like other owners of colored pairs were salty about it and didnt want to confirm it.
mean.gif
Sums it up I think. Oh well honestly though if it looks good and they like it, more power to them. I know your not really saying anything about it, I just mean in general. Im somewhat disappointed because I ordered a solid yellow upper pair. If it looks good ill keep it but im most likely going to return. I think sometimes we put up with a lot of things we shouldn't because we like the shoe model. Nike has all the legit flyknit colors but its probably cheaper for them to mass produce a few colors and then dye or airbrush it to the off colors.

Thanks. I guess it's confirmed to be painted then

You'll get bashed if you give the wrong information,but if you give the right information, ppl act like they forget who said weeks ago before they even shipped or that they were painted and prepare yourself for it

Last edited:
Just received my X ID's and I'm impressed. Quality is way better then the 9 ID's and the swoosh doesn't feel like you could peel it off which was my only complaint on the 9's. But it does feel a bit more snug then the 9's off the bat IMO. Here's a side by side of the two taken from my iPhone.

Dam those blue and mint pairs are [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]
I might make something similar to those two pairs soon.

Back
Top Bottom