The Official Kobe X iD thread

^^^

yeah, I prolly would've kept a pair of black medial if I had some skills and time to paint.. but I decided to just order a Tour Yellow medial instead.. I'm quite sure I'll get the darker weave in that version as well.. so that'll make 2 dark and 2 light version for my mc's..

looks great though after the touch up.. pls post some closer shots when you can.. and maybe steps and products you used to do the touch up.. I'm sure someone here will find it helpful.. Thanks.. :nthat:

Repped!

^^^

yeah, I prolly would've kept a pair of black medial if I had some skills and time to paint.. but I decided to just order a Tour Yellow medial instead.. I'm quite sure I'll get the darker weave in that version as well.. so that'll make 2 dark and 2 light version for my mc's..

looks great though after the touch up.. pls post some closer shots when you can.. and maybe steps and products you used to do the touch up.. I'm sure someone here will find it helpful.. Thanks..
nthat.gif

Repped!

Fairly simple but you must be meticulous. I laid down painters tape along the edges to prevent any errors even though I didn't really need to. All you do is basically color each grey thread and make it black. You have to be precise and careful not to color any volt/purple/crimson threads as this would mess them up. If you have a steady hand you can do it took me maybe 30 minutes to do both.

View media item 1811231
Before:
View media item 1811232

as you can see from the before pic they looked like shhh but I got them how I wanted them
I got the lighter weave on my black medials so i would love to keep it if I can just remove the paint on the toe box then use your method to fill in the grey weave so it would have black lines instead of a black patch. Anyway to remove the black paint?

I got the lighter weave on my black medials so i would love to keep it if I can just remove the paint on the toe box then use your method to fill in the grey weave so it would have black lines instead of a black patch. Anyway to remove the black paint?
not sure but I wouldn't think so. I'd assume the dye would remain slightly and leave the colored threads a dark ugly color.

Do you have a pic? Haven't seen a black medial pair yet that had the lighter MC IX-esque weave.

Fairly simple but you must be meticulous. I laid down painters tape along the edges to prevent any errors even though I didn't really need to. All you do is basically color each grey thread and make it black. You have to be precise and careful not to color any volt/purple/crimson threads as this would mess them up. If you have a steady hand you can do it took me maybe 30 minutes to do both.
Great job on this. Can you show us a close up of the after? I might do this.

Just checked my order status for run 2 of MCs and pair 2 of mambas and they are all 3 shipped! No estimated arrival date yet. Hopefully next week
nthat.gif

Keep the mamba pics coming! My first pair arrive tomorrow...will be interesting to see how this design turns out.

Just checked my order status for run 2 of MCs and pair 2 of mambas and they are all 3 shipped! No estimated arrival date yet. Hopefully next week
nthat.gif

Keep the mamba pics coming! My first pair arrive tomorrow...will be interesting to see how this design turns out.
should have my pair in about an hour

My two additional MC pairs shipped too and looks like they'll land next Tuesday (org eat date 12/23)

Back
Top Bottom