The Official LeBron XI NBA2k14 Thread - CODES GONE/SOLD OUT - PREPARING TO SHIP! - NO BUYING/SELLING

Status
Not open for further replies.

He would also have had to use different billing/shipping for 84 different orders, wouldn't he? Not saying it's not possible, but seems unlikely. For all I know though, he and his boy really could have pulled it off and own ~5% of the pairs made. There's definitely an opportunity for a nice return on them especially if the market is high. 
The whole needing to use a separate nike account, credit card, billing/shipping address, etc.. is a bunch of ******** and none of that is needed. I personally contacted Nike concerning this issue BEFORE I tried to get my second code. They responded to my email 2-3 days later and said there is no rule about 1 pair per person, credit card, nike account, etc. Their only rule stated 1 pair of shoes per code! I have proof in writing as well as proof when I get my 2 pairs of shoes that I ordered on the same account with same credit card, billing/shipping info, etc. Just wanted to clear that up.

Yeah, I am with you. It is plausible that someone has 100ish pair on lock but also improbable. That is a LOT of cash upfront for a shoe that is unseen an does not know if the hype is going to be real or not.

He may be in a position where he paid $350 on average for the code then $235ish for shoes and the shoes only sell for say mid $650 on average. Take $65 bucks away for fees and that leaves $585, the same amount you were invested in the kicks. So you break even

Then you have to ship 100's of shoes and now you are out money shipping.
Why would these shoes only sell for $650? that will NEVER happen. I'll explain to you why that won't happen. 1. only 2,014 pairs made which means there are probably only 800 or less people that actually got them since a lot of people got multiple pairs. 2. The ONLY way to order the shoes was by getting the code, no bots, early links, online, in store, raffles, etc. 3. You needed a next gen gaming console that will cost you $600+. 4. You need to play the game and be good at it for 30-40+ hours. With all of that being said, I think you should understand why these shoes will NEVER sell for $650.

Why would these shoes only sell for $650? that will NEVER happen. I'll explain to you why that won't happen. 1. only 2,014 pairs made which means there are probably only 800 or less people that actually got them since a lot of people got multiple pairs. 2. The ONLY way to order the shoes was by getting the code, no bots, early links, online, in store, raffles, etc. 3. You needed a next gen gaming console that will cost you $600+. 4. You need to play the game and be good at it for 30-40+ hours. With all of that being said, I think you should understand why these shoes will NEVER sell for $650.
Dude, I know all of the logistics on how to get the game. I did it 3 times. EVERYONE gets it. Assuming that these are going to resell for +$1500 is really stretching it at this point. If they sell for 3g then whoopeee for me. At this point I am not going to say that and give a generous floor of $650 with the ceiling being much higher.

The point I am trying to make is that dropping tens of thousands of dollars in the HOPES that a shoe sells for a certain amount is odd to me. If he succeeds then more power to him.

But WHAT IF, because you know-know one knows wtf we are getting at this point, these shoes are a red upper, red lining, blue flywire, yellow swoosh, and red non-gitd sole with 2k14 embroidered on the tongue and various other places across the shoe. Do you think that shoe is gonna push close to 2gs? Nope. And that is just one of the infinite possibilities these shoes have along with them.

To say that they NEVER will sell for a certain point is wrong. Infinite possibilities with infinite outcomes, of which one could be the shoes are a supreme flop and we can barely get retail pricing at resell.

Just think about some of the LeBron samples out there. Most numbers on those are far less than 2k pairs. Some fetch 4 digits and some don't. There's no definitive way to know how much they are going to resell for.

Just think about some of the LeBron samples out there. Most numbers on those are far less than 2k pairs. Some fetch 4 digits and some don't. There's no definitive way to know how much they are going to resell for.

That is exactly what I am trying to get across to some of these cats. Dude with a million pair (still don't believe it) may have made a great move and he may get stuck losing money. No one knows yet.

You cannot compare a released pair limited to 2,014 pairs (I would compare it to a shoe of 600-800 pair since there will only actually be that many PEOPLE that get them) to a sample pair.. There is a reason there are unreleased sample pairs, and that's because they are more than likely ugly or would be a flop and not resell for more than retail if they did release. Again if you read my reasoning of why the shoes will NEVER sell for only $650 above you would understand it a little more. The ONLY way to get the shoes was to spend at least $600 on a system, that needs to get accounted in the resale value. Also, it took 30-40 hours to get the code (multiply that by even $8 an hour and thats $250-$300. Then you have retail of $220 plus tax. Then you have the hype and limitation to account for. This is simple economics. For example, look at what Lebron MVP 10's sell for.. $2000-$3000. There are 600 pair. I guarantee very few people got multiple pairs so the supply is similar to the 2k14 lebron 11's because there will only be 600-800 people that actually got the shoes because they did get multiples. Also, you didn't need to invest any time or money into getting the MVP's like you did the 2k's. MVP's aren't the best looking shoes by any means, and even if the 2k's don't look good, they will still sell for a good amount. I would say MINIMUM of $1200, if the colorway is good, expect to see around $2000. If people want the shoes, they will pay. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You cannot compare a released pair limited to 2,014 pairs (I would compare it to a shoe of 600-800 pair since there will only actually be that many PEOPLE that get them) to a sample pair.. There is a reason there are unreleased sample pairs, and that's because they are more than likely ugly or would be a flop and not resell for more than retail if they did release. Again if you read my reasoning of why the shoes will NEVER sell for only $650 above you would understand it a little more. The ONLY way to get the shoes was to spend at least $600 on a system, that needs to get accounted in the resale value. Also, it took 30-40 hours to get the code (multiply that by even $8 an hour and thats $250-$300. Then you have retail of $220 plus tax. Then you have the hype and limitation to account for. This is simple economics. For example, look at what Lebron MVP 10's sell for.. $2000-$3000. There are 600 pair. I guarantee very few people got multiple pairs so the supply is similar to the 2k14 lebron 11's because there will only be 600-800 people that actually got the shoes because they did get multiples. Also, you didn't need to invest any time or money into getting the MVP's like you did the 2k's. MVP's aren't the best looking shoes by any means, and even if the 2k's don't look good, they will still sell for a good amount. I would say MINIMUM of $1200, if the colorway is good, expect to see around $2000. If people want the shoes, they will pay. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can compare anything. Just because it contrasts your opinion and reasoning doesn't mean one can't use it.

LOL. So because they won't sell for more than retail Nike won't release them??? Nike doesn't care about resale prices.
Look at the Elite IX samples: Tennis Ball, Big Bang, Cannon, China. All go for around $1800-$2000. Those thinks are beautiful. Far less than 2k pairs. Hell even far less than 600 pairs.

P.S. Nobody gives a if you spend 3 weeks straight on trying to get the shoe. Nor do you have to account for the system's retail in the resale price. That's plain crazy. Might as well add up all the snacks and food that you ate while going for the code. How about add a couple hundred dollars for neglecting your family. Or another hundred for pain and suffering having to deal with those cut scenes? This is just justification that scumbag resellers give for raping people.

A lot of these claims are reaching and assumptions that you're trying to bend and conform to your reasoning. These shoes can resell for any price. More than retail? Of course. Right around $1200? Sure it's possible. More than that? Maybe, who knows.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You should get together with that guy trying to control the resale market. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can compare anything. Just because it contrasts your opinion and reasoning doesn't mean one can't use it.

LOL. So because they won't sell for more than retail Nike won't release them??? Nike doesn't care about resale prices.
Look at the Elite IX samples: Tennis Ball, Big Bang, Cannon, China. All go for around $1800-$2000. Those thinks are beautiful. Far less than 2k pairs. Hell even far less than 600 pairs.

P.S. Nobody gives a if you spend 3 weeks straight on trying to get the shoe. Nor do you have to account for the system's retail in the resale price. That's plain crazy. Might as well add up all the snacks and food that you ate while going for the code. How about add a couple hundred dollars for neglecting your family. Or another hundred for pain and suffering having to deal with those cut scenes? This is just justification that scumbag resellers give for raping people.

A lot of these claims are reaching and assumptions that you're trying to bend and conform to your reasoning. These shoes can resell for any price. More than retail? Of course. Right around $1200? Sure it's possible. More than that? Maybe, who knows.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You should get together with that guy trying to control the resale market. lol.
He is definitely from that group. I can tell by the 'logic' he's using.... I've never seen a groupthink so far from reality in my entire life.

These kids have no real grasp on reality. Not even trying to sound like an *** by saying that... but it's true. They have these ideas drilled into their head and the best logic in the world will not change their minds.

****... the kid that started the group has a profile pic from Christmas and he's wearing CARGO PANTS with a SHIRT AND TIE. I'm not sure how that's related... but his lack of style and judgement on a daily basis is more than enough evidence to convince me they are stupid and their ideas are going nowhere. Like seriously.... CARGO PANTS WITH A SHIRT AND TIE? You have no style, leave the sneaker game alone please.

QFT

I am just going to assume that he has a few pair to his name. Then I am going to assume that he, or maybe his friends, have purchased codes for the 300ish dollar range in hopes the shoes are going to be a triple return investment at $1500. There is an ABSOLUTE possibility that could happen, no doubt about it. Trying to contort all of this random stuff that were included into getting the game is useless. The consumer does not care. Point blank if the shoes are trash, seriously trash, with NikeID insole, and 2k14 plastered all over it they will not sell for 2g like you're hoping.

Lol I think they gonna be a resale fail...

I just want em for the memories... Playing and studying at the same damn time!

I'll never forget this ordeal. I started the Saturday after Christmas got 10 games in and 2ks servers went down. Woke up at 7:55 on the 30th to strikeout on the oregon foams. I started playing right then and didn't stop until 8am on the 31st to cop the 3lab5s online. Went immediately back in and finally got the code around 6pm just in time for my girl to get home and bother me about not cleaning up for the new years party we were about to host in 2 hours. Ugh. During the party one of my boys asked me to play him in 2k I almost punched him in the face. I haven't touched the game since

I'll never forget this ordeal. I started the Saturday after Christmas got 10 games in and 2ks servers went down. Woke up at 7:55 on the 30th to strikeout on the oregon foams. I started playing right then and didn't stop until 8am on the 31st to cop the 3lab5s online. Went immediately back in and finally got the code around 6pm just in time for my girl to get home and bother me about not cleaning up for the new years party we were about to host in 2 hours. Ugh. During the party one of my boys asked me to play him in 2k I almost punched him in the face. I haven't touched the game since
lmfao

Yeah, I am with you. It is plausible that someone has 100ish pair on lock but also improbable. That is a LOT of cash upfront for a shoe that is unseen an does not know if the hype is going to be real or not.

He may be in a position where he paid $350 on average for the code then $235ish for shoes and the shoes only sell for say mid $650 on average. Take $65 bucks away for fees and that leaves $585, the same amount you were invested in the kicks. So you break even

Then you have to ship 100's of shoes and now you are out money shipping.
I think it's safe to say that the hype is real. People coppin' codes anywhere from 300-600 + retail for a shoe no one has seen or knows what looks like. You're right though. There is a lot of risk in putting out so much cash just on a hope that they will fetch a minimum amount. High risk, high reward though. To each his own. 
 The whole needing to use a separate nike account, credit card, billing/shipping address, etc.. is a bunch of ******** and none of that is needed. I personally contacted Nike concerning this issue BEFORE I tried to get my second code. They responded to my email 2-3 days later and said there is no rule about 1 pair per person, credit card, nike account, etc. Their only rule stated 1 pair of shoes per code! I have proof in writing as well as proof when I get my 2 pairs of shoes that I ordered on the same account with same credit card, billing/shipping info, etc. Just wanted to clear that up.
Oh,didn't know that. Just went off of how Nike usually limits limited shoes. The order page did say "one per customer" though. If there is no limit, the 102 pairs seem a lot more plausible. 

People didn't get codes from $300-600 they got codes for free for playing the game themselves, or being given/buy a code from $0-???

Plus people can't include the cost of the the system, game, or their time. People didn't sell the sole collector galaxy rookies right away for the price it cost to buy the shoes and an iPad. (Rarity did drive up the price, mainly when people struck out on the regular release). They might be real costs to the people, but at the end of the day the people with the codes still have the games and next-gen systems that they can sell to cover those costs.

Last edited:
People didn't get codes from $300-600 they got codes for free for playing the game themselves, or being given/buy a code from $0-???

Plus people can't include the cost of the the system, game, or there time. People didn't sell the sole collector galaxy rookies right away for the price it cost to buy the shoes and an iPad. (Rarity did drive up the price, mainly when people struck out on the regular release). They might be real costs to the people, but at the end of the day the people with the codes still have the games and next-gen systems that they can sell to cover those costs.
What I was saying was about the dude who had 102 pairs that bought all of the codes. He said he averaged $350 per code. I was adding that with the $230ish cost of shoes which would be $580ish range. Then if for some reason no one wants these and the resell hovers around $650 on average on ebay, minus ebay/pp/shipping, he is going to be stuck with a large loss.

Other people were saying oh no way that could happen with these shoes but there is an absolute possibility that the scenario above could happen. Shoes could sell for 4gs too though. Lot of determinations to be made about these.

It was a general statement to people trying to add to much value to the shoes before we even know what they look like.

It's fun to speculate but with out the shoes being seen it is to early to speculate on pricing, or trying to control the market. As someone with only one pair, I hope they look good enough to justify the wait. If I don't like how they look, I hope other people do so they have value in a trade for something I do like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom