The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Okay heres a problem that I have guys. I have a early '09 Macbook w/ 120Gb HD. I partitioned a Windows section on my HD with 25Gb. After installing Vistait only left me with less than 1Gb of space on the Windows side. Whats worse than that, I have less than 3Gb of space left on my Leopard partition. I havemusic/vids/apps on my Mac partition but nothing on my windows side except MS Office. I have iWork so I was considering deleting my Windows partition to gainmore space but I'm sure i'll need Windows for work soon. Then I thought about buying the Time Capsule and moving all my media over, but I wanted tostart using my Mac to do lil parties and get togethers using my Torq Xponent, so ill need my songs with me on the computer. The only option I can think of(unless someone can suggest something better) is to buy a bigger HD and just install it. My question to you guys are, Is there any thing I can use to copyEVERYTHING over to the new HD once I get it? If someone can suggest a better solution please do so. Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

How do I reformat my external? I accidently unplugged my external while doing my first ever time machine back up and now I can't get time machine to work properly.. I want to start over but it's not letting me

Go to Utilities>>>Disk Utility. Look for it on the left hand pane and click the "Erase" button. Select partition type (Mac OS Journalized ifyou're only using it on the mac), click erase.

Just bought my 2nd Mac Laptop in 3 months. I have the unibody 13" MB that I bought in April but I'm putting her up onCraigslist. Anyway my girl bought me (using my money since I'm in the Middle East) the 2.8 Ghz 15.4" MBP using her student discount for only $2099also got an 8GB Touch just for kicks since it's free (rebate) , but I already have a 32GB version.

Migration was so easy for her to do for me and now I have a direct clone of my 13". Since I take a helicopter to work and am in the desert I needed arugged case for my MBP...so what did I get? A Pelican case made for laptops. Pelican cases are waterproof, crushproof, dustproof and have a pressure regulatorto keep moisture and condensation out. Can't wait till she sends it to me, should get it by next Wednesday.

I'm happy to be getting back to a MBP after selling my 1st Gen MBP to get the 13" MB. I will be running Vista on it via Bootcamp and playing PC gameslike Mass Effect and COD4.

Below is a pic of the Pelican Case for laptops. A bit OD for most, but if you work in harsh environments and need ABSOLUTE protection it is the only way to go.
350__1_pelican_laptop_case_1495cc2.jpg

Originally Posted by ManikHispanik

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Got really bored today, so did a few changes..again lol
happy.gif

5673579bec46e39e2c3e29a6bd73746b3395ff9.png

Where did you get those icons from?? Specifically the black trash can icon. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Everything you see on there is from the deviant art website...

Why is it that when i play any game, the fan on my macbook start to run at around 4000+ rpm and the cpu temperature rises? What seems to be the problem?? Itgets mad annoying
mad.gif

In the Kung Fu Panda video game, players embark on an epic, action-packed adventure as they master the specialized Kung Fu fighting styles of Po the Panda, the unlikely hero, his teacher Shifu, and the legendary Kung Fu masters, the Furious Five: Monkey, Tigress, Viper, Mantis and Crane.
Through 13 legendary levels from the movie and beyond, and spanning land, water and air, players must work their way to become the Dragon Warrior and defeat the ultimate enemy, Tai Lung, as they battle a variety of foes, overcome dangerous obstacles, navigate multi-tiered environments and solve challenging puzzles.
Featuring a deep variety of gameplay, unique co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, collectibles, and a host of character upgrades, the Kung Fu Panda video game provides an experience gamers of all ages will enjoy.

General Features:
  • Join friends in multi-player action and co-op mode
  • Experience 13 Legendary Levels
  • Play as all Your Favorite Characters
Hardware Needed:
- Intel Core 2 Duo (2Ghz)
- 2048MB Ram
- 256MB Gfx Ram
- Mac OSX 10.5.6

Homepage

Code:
Code:
http://www.kungfupandagame.com

20090602-g1qx6tqdmj2jdi3dr6pfi7gfh1.jpg

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Name: Warhammer 40k DoW + Winter Assault
Mac Platform: Intel
Includes: Only the application or game is included

OS version: OS X 10.4.11 or higher
Processor type(s) & speed: Intel Core Duo or better
RAM minimum: 1024 MB recommended: 1024 MB or better
Video RAM: 64 MB
HD space: 2.8 GB[/td] [/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Relic Entertainment based on Games Workshop's popular tabletop wargame, Warhammer 40,000.
The game is set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, a dystopian vision of the future. Humanity has forged a galaxy-spanning empire, The Imperium, with the Immortal Emperor as humanity's leader and a living god. The Imperium is in a state of constant war with the Orks, Eldar, and the human servants of Chaos, desperately fighting to preserve the human race from extinction. The single player campaign is set on the planet Tartarus.
Gameplay is initially focused on capturing and holding strategic locations on the battlefield. These control points are captured by infantry squads and provide resources to construct additional units and buildings or unlock certain units in an army's tech tree. Battles are won either by holding a certain number of control points for a period of time or by destroying all of the opposing armies' HQ structures.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Notes:
The Winter Assault Expansion is inatalled and can be launched via a separate application. Widescreen is not supported by this version of Warhammer DoW. Should you experience difficulties in getting Winter Assault to launch then run it directly from the disk image.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
DoW will crash when loading a new game - to fix this, right click on the DoW application and select show package contents - then navigate to Contents/resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Dawn of War/ and delete W40k.exe and rename W40k_bak.exe to W40k.exe.

if Winter Assault refuses to launch after you copied it to your harddrive and unmounted the diskimage you have to either continue to play it from the image or you have to open Terminal.app and do the following:

right click on the main Warhammer 40k DoW application - select show package contents from the menu (do the same with Winter Assault)

navigate in both apps to /Contents/resource/ - type "ln -s" in the terminal shell window (without quotes of course) and then drop the transgaming folder of the DoW application into the Terminal window rigt after the text you just typed - then type "transgaming" at the end of the folder path.

hit enter and look for a shortcut named "transgaming" inside your users home direstory (/Users/YOU).

grab this shortcut and place it into /Contents/resources/ of the Winter Assault application (replacing the old shortcut) and you are good to go) - try to avoid changing the install path of the game again if you don´t want to risk breaking the shortcut again...[/td] [/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Known Issues:
*Right click on the DoW application and select show package contents - then navigate to Contents/resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Dawn of War/ and delete W40k.exe and rename W40k_bak.exe to W40k.exe.

I don't know how this happened but it seems that I have mixed up the apps. v1.5.1 is the right one.

*the Minimap has an offset because the screen res is not set to 4:3 value - choose 1024x768 and the minimap will appear correctly.

*widescreen is not working correctly in this build unfortunately...
it appears that v1.3 did support it but 1.5 won't - very strange...

everything should work now - enjoy!

Please note that this game has not been tested on Macs with GMA 950 chips.[/td] [/tr][/table]
more information:
http://www.dawnofwargame.com/us/home/agegate

i16110_1.png

Quote:
[table][tr][td]
Harry's fifth year at Hogwarts is shaping up to be his most dangerous yet.
Fearing that Hogwarts' venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about
the return of Voldemort in order to undermine his power, Minister for Magic
Cornelius Fudge appoints a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep
watch over Dumbledore and the students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge's
ministry-approved course leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared; so
Hermione, Ron, and Harry form "Dumbledore's Army" with the goal of preparing
themselves and other courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle
that looms against Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

Requirements
Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
1.83GHz Intel Core Duo processor
1GB RAM
4.5GB or more free hard-disk space
ATI X1600 series or later;
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 or later

This game does not support the GMA950 integrated graphics card
[/td] [/tr][/table]
i16111_679020.jpeg

i16112_1178066009.jpg.jpeg

i16113_93699420070427screen002.jpg.jpeg

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Just bought my 2nd Mac Laptop in 3 months. I have the unibody 13" MB that I bought in April but I'm putting her up on Craigslist. Anyway my girl bought me (using my money since I'm in the Middle East) the 2.8 Ghz 15.4" MBP using her student discount for only $2099 also got an 8GB Touch just for kicks since it's free (rebate) , but I already have a 32GB version.

Migration was so easy for her to do for me and now I have a direct clone of my 13". Since I take a helicopter to work and am in the desert I needed a rugged case for my MBP...so what did I get? A Pelican case made for laptops. Pelican cases are waterproof, crushproof, dustproof and have a pressure regulator to keep moisture and condensation out. Can't wait till she sends it to me, should get it by next Wednesday.

I'm happy to be getting back to a MBP after selling my 1st Gen MBP to get the 13" MB. I will be running Vista on it via Bootcamp and playing PC games like Mass Effect and COD4.

Below is a pic of the Pelican Case for laptops. A bit OD for most, but if you work in harsh environments and need ABSOLUTE protection it is the only way to go.

INTENSE
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking?

Relive the most thrilling and hilarious moments from the Disney/Pixar film Ratatouille, as you assume the role of Remy, a young rat with dreams of
becoming a great French chef, despite the obvious problem of being a rat.
[h2]Overview[/h2]
From the underground sewers to the bustling streets of Paris, Ratatouille takes you along as Remy the rat dashes, glides, and slides through six action-packed, visually stunning worlds filled with dangerous enemies, intense heists, and perilous missions.

Go head-to-head with your friends in multiplayer mini-games or navigate your way through a sensational rat race that turns the culinary world of Paris upside down.

Check out the Ratatouille game trailer.

Features
  • Relive the movie's most intense action moments
  • Six action-packed worlds to explore--including a unique environment cut from the film
  • Smell your way through fast paced adventures with Scent'o'vision
  • More than 30 challenging mini-games
  • Go head to head with multiplayer games
  • Major voice talent from the film
ESRB content rating: E for "Everyone" (Mild Cartoon Violence)

System Requirements
  • Mac OS X v10.4.8 or later
  • 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 or 1.83GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor
  • 256MB RAM
  • 2GB free hard-disk space
  • 8X CD-ROM drive
  • 128MB Video RAM (VRAM)
  • GeForce3 or ATI 7500 or later graphics card
  • Display with thousands of colors
Mfr. Part No.: 49321

Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.

TN602

click to enlarge

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Just bought my 2nd Mac Laptop in 3 months. I have the unibody 13" MB that I bought in April but I'm putting her up on Craigslist. Anyway my girl bought me (using my money since I'm in the Middle East) the 2.8 Ghz 15.4" MBP using her student discount for only $2099 also got an 8GB Touch just for kicks since it's free (rebate) , but I already have a 32GB version.

Migration was so easy for her to do for me and now I have a direct clone of my 13". Since I take a helicopter to work and am in the desert I needed a rugged case for my MBP...so what did I get? A Pelican case made for laptops. Pelican cases are waterproof, crushproof, dustproof and have a pressure regulator to keep moisture and condensation out. Can't wait till she sends it to me, should get it by next Wednesday.

I'm happy to be getting back to a MBP after selling my 1st Gen MBP to get the 13" MB. I will be running Vista on it via Bootcamp and playing PC games like Mass Effect and COD4.

INTENSE
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking?

thats like some James Bond type #$#%..... Jeeeeeeez
laugh.gif

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Race, fly and shoot as you take futuristic robots WALL•E and EVE through a fast-paced adventure. From the desolate waste-lands of Earth to the Axiom space cruiser, throw cubes and blast robots and obstacles while you relive some of the movie's most thrilling moments and explore worlds filled with non-stop action and adventure, along with head-to-head multiplayer challenges. Dodge dangerous enemies, carry out intense missions and navigate your way through a futuristic galaxy![/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2008/06/walle/

http://wall-e.playthq.com/

picture1.jpg

Assume the role of a freelance journalist in our award-winning game.
You have just arrived in Jerusalem armed with a pen, a notepad and your sharp wits to get you through the challenges ahead.
Global Conflicts: Palestine targets critical and reflective people who are looking for a (game) experience that challenges their outlook on the world.

System requirements:

Mac: Mac G4, 512 MB RAM,
OPEN GL compliant graphics card, OSX 10.3 or later.

12copy.jpg

Get In, Get Out, Don't Leave a Trace

Infiltrate terrorists' positions, acquire critical intelligence by any means necessary, execute with extreme prejudice, and exit without a trace!

You are Sam Fisher, a highly trained secret operative of the NSA's secret arm: Third Echelon. The world balance is in your hands, as cyber terrorism andinternational tensions are about to explode into WWIII.

http://www.apple.com/game...es/2004/06/splintercell/

snapzproxscreensnapz005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom