The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Originally Posted by Infamous MG

How do I make my dock completely transparent? I tried cleardock and transparentdock but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
i tried to get mine completely clear... never worked
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Originally Posted by Infamous MG

How do I make my dock completely transparent? I tried cleardock and transparentdock but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
i tried to get mine completely clear... never worked
laugh.gif
lol ok I thought Im ******ed or something cuz i couldnt get it to work.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

copping a Macbook Pro on wednesday...anything i should know? it's gonna be used primarily for music purposes...producing/deejaying etc...

-External Hard Drive FTW.
-Portable Hard Drive FTW.
-Incase Laptop Sleeve.
....Think of more stuff later.

About those Incase sleeves, on the Incase site theres a slim sleeve, and a neoprene one but theyre the same thickness... Whats the difference? If the slim isnt neoprene then what is it?
I have a slim sleeve, I am not sure what the other case is. My zipper broke
mad.gif
using it with one zipper.
But the case is
pimp.gif

2 questions.

1)
Im going to europe in july. I was wondering if i put my mac in my backpack, with the speck case, could it crack/break? Anybody think i should buy a sleeve justto be on the safe side, or will it be a waste of money?

2)
Below my hardrive it says, "111.47 GB, 78.2 free" is that an"ok" number for the hd or should i start looking at an external hd?

Thanks in advance everybody
happy.gif

Any good programs for Mac's to download videos from Youtube?

For some reason I'm also struggling to find VideoHub
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Any good programs for Mac's to download videos from Youtube?

For some reason I'm also struggling to find VideoHub
smh.gif
i use keepvid.com to download my youtube vids.....

at the very top, they have a button that u drag to ur links toolbar... when ur watching a vid u wanna keep, just click the button and save

yeah, i use keepvid.com to download all the youtube vids. I like it cuz they give you two opinions of quality. low and high of course
laugh.gif

Use the Safari method.... window > activity > (its the file that is still loading and usually the biggest)

i just purchased a brand new macbook 13" for $750...

i was going to wait and get the pro but i think $750 was too good to pass up

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Just bought my 2nd Mac Laptop in 3 months. I have the unibody 13" MB that I bought in April but I'm putting her up on Craigslist. Anyway my girl bought me (using my money since I'm in the Middle East) the 2.8 Ghz 15.4" MBP using her student discount for only $2099 also got an 8GB Touch just for kicks since it's free (rebate) , but I already have a 32GB version.

Migration was so easy for her to do for me and now I have a direct clone of my 13". Since I take a helicopter to work and am in the desert I needed a rugged case for my MBP...so what did I get? A Pelican case made for laptops. Pelican cases are waterproof, crushproof, dustproof and have a pressure regulator to keep moisture and condensation out. Can't wait till she sends it to me, should get it by next Wednesday.

I'm happy to be getting back to a MBP after selling my 1st Gen MBP to get the 13" MB. I will be running Vista on it via Bootcamp and playing PC games like Mass Effect and COD4.

Below is a pic of the Pelican Case for laptops. A bit OD for most, but if you work in harsh environments and need ABSOLUTE protection it is the only way to go.
350__1_pelican_laptop_case_1495cc2.jpg

INTENSE
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking?

thats like some James Bond type #$#%..... Jeeeeeeez
laugh.gif

My bad, didn't even see these responses, but i work with the Gov't and Uncle Sam dealing with surveillancesolutions.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Just bought my 2nd Mac Laptop in 3 months. I have the unibody 13" MB that I bought in April but I'm putting her up on Craigslist. Anyway my girl bought me (using my money since I'm in the Middle East) the 2.8 Ghz 15.4" MBP using her student discount for only $2099 also got an 8GB Touch just for kicks since it's free (rebate) , but I already have a 32GB version.

Migration was so easy for her to do for me and now I have a direct clone of my 13". Since I take a helicopter to work and am in the desert I needed a rugged case for my MBP...so what did I get? A Pelican case made for laptops. Pelican cases are waterproof, crushproof, dustproof and have a pressure regulator to keep moisture and condensation out. Can't wait till she sends it to me, should get it by next Wednesday.

I'm happy to be getting back to a MBP after selling my 1st Gen MBP to get the 13" MB. I will be running Vista on it via Bootcamp and playing PC games like Mass Effect and COD4.

Below is a pic of the Pelican Case for laptops. A bit OD for most, but if you work in harsh environments and need ABSOLUTE protection it is the only way to go.
350__1_pelican_laptop_case_1495cc2.jpg

INTENSE
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking?

thats like some James Bond type #$#%..... Jeeeeeeez
laugh.gif

My bad, didn't even see these responses, but i work with the Gov't and Uncle Sam dealing with surveillance solutions.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
i was right!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Why is it that when i play any game, the fan on my macbook start to run at around 4000+ rpm and the cpu temperature rises? What seems to be the problem?? It gets mad annoying

mad.gif

I know one of you can help me out
nerd.gif

^

i wish i could pimp.... but i have no idea..... u might have to post that up on the mac rumors forums and let them help you out....

Why is it that when i play any game, the fan on my macbook start to run at around 4000+ rpm and the cpu temperature rises? What seems to be the problem?? It gets mad annoying

mad.gif

I know one of you can help me out
nerd.gif

it's telling you to buy a gaming PC, listen to it.. we all need a good gaming PC
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom