The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

Does anyone know a way to block websites on firefox/safari or any good programs that can do this? my little bro uses my mac sometimes and i don't want him stumbling across some pr0n sites
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3145
you gay doggie/ whats wrong with letting him start early

Ok. I need help from the experts.

1. Is there any way to PLAY Bluray discs on a Macbook Pro? What are the steps or alternatives?
2. How in the world do you also use Vista or the soon to be released Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro?

Originally Posted by MHT214

1. Is there any way to PLAY Bluray discs on a Macbook Pro? What are the steps or alternatives?
2. How in the world do you also use Vista or the soon to be released Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro?
The first question I would also appreciate a good answer for. Now for running windows on a MBP you can either use bootcamp which you can use fromthe system install disk or you can use Parallels or my personal favorite; VM Ware fusion 2.0. The difference is having to either restart the computer and haveit boot into windows or having the option of running windows and Mac OSX at the same time. VMW allows you to do so and still remains very fast.
pimp.gif
Yaaa diggg???

Originally Posted by KayEyeNjee

Originally Posted by MHT214

The first question I would also appreciate a good answer for. Now for running windows on a MBP you can either use bootcamp which you can use from the system install disk or you can use Parallels or my personal favorite; VM Ware fusion 2.0. The difference is having to either restart the computer and have it boot into windows or having the option of running windows and Mac OSX at the same time. VMW allows you to do so and still remains very fast.
pimp.gif
Yaaa diggg???

So pretty much what you are trying to say is that VM Ware Fusion 2.0 >> Bootcamp and Parallels?

Apple reinstates matte display option on 15-inch MacBook Pro, charges $50 for it
by Darren Murph posted Aug 11th 2009 at 5:24AM

15-inch-mbp-matte-option.png

We'd heard just under a month ago that Apple was mulling the possibility of adding matte display options to more than just its flagship 17-inch MacBook Pro, and lo and behold, it seems the anti-glare revolution has begun. Starting now (like, right now), those in the market for a new unibody 15-inch MacBook Pro can order one directly from Apple with an anti-glare widescreen display, packing 1,440 x 900 pixels and a LED backlight. Sadly, the privilege will run you an extra $50 over the traditional mirrored glossy panel, and it will replace that svelte borderless look present on glossy MBPs with a silver frame bezel (check here to see just what we mean). A brief look around Apple's international sites also shows it available elsewhere in the world for similar amounts, though we're still curious as to what machine will be next in line for the upgrade, er, "option."
Even tho I've never had an issue with the glossy screen (I prefer it for richer and deeper colors)
pimp.gif
to Apple for listening to the people.

Originally Posted by killa23

Anyone know where I can get or d/l OS Leopard for my Macbook? I'm running on 10.4/Tiger :-(
Just wait for Snow Leopard that is suppose to release in Sept and spend the $30, like everyone else will.

Looking to update my old MacBook to a new 15". The refurbished one is in stock. Is it beneficial to get that one over a new one and save about $200? Letme know.

Ay guys is the 500gb time capsule worth buying, I plan on purchasing but I need some help on whether or not I should ?

I've been searching for a permanent fix but cant find one. But hopefully some one here has had the problem. I updated to 10.5.8 and now my bluetooth ismessing up like crazy. At times it will work, then all of a sudden say i dont have hardware. Then the bluetooth icon will just no be available.

Any Ideas? Btw its a first generation white macbook.

guys, i have a question.

im trying to download photoshop on my mac, but it wouldnt let me extract the files.
i downloaded UnRarx for mac and extracting still doesnt work... can anyone help me on this. blah

Originally Posted by AppleiPhone

Anyone know where I can get or d/l OS Leopard for my Macbook? I'm running on 10.4/Tiger :-(
Just wait for Snow Leopard that is suppose to release in Sept and spend the $30, like everyone else will.

Actually, since "killa23" is running Tiger, the upgrade price is $169. This would be for the SL Mac Box Set which includes iWork & iLife '09.I don't believe Apple has announced if they intend to offer just SL for Tiger users.

Current Leopard users will be eligible for a $29 upgrade.

If one purchased a Mac on or after June 8th, the price to upgrade is $9.95 (plus s & h).

I've been using Harmonic widget to fetch my lyrics and SMH... the freaking music industry and its copyright laws forced Harmonic to stop fetching lyrics.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Originally Posted by AppleiPhone

Actually, since "killa23" is running Tiger, the upgrade price is $169. This would be for the SL Mac Box Set which includes iWork & iLife '09. I don't believe Apple has announced if they intend to offer just SL for Tiger users.

Current Leopard users will be eligible for a $29 upgrade.

If one purchased a Mac on or after June 8th, the price to upgrade is $9.95 (plus s & h).

Oh damn, my bad. I did not know. Thanks for the info.

when is the next macbooks coming out? I dont know if I should wait or get the unibody ones

This hasn't really been determined yet. Apple recently updated their MacBooks in June so it may be awhile.

If you don't need one immediately, wait and see if Apple might update the line for the holidays. With all these rumors about Blu-Ray in the upcoming iTunes9, I'd try to hold out. Apple is holding an event the week of Sept. 7, though this may likely be an iPod/iTunes only event.

Wait and see if they announce one for Macs (in the past, they've updated their cpu's around November).

A MacBook with Blu-Ray would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

when is the next macbooks coming out? I dont know if I should wait or get the unibody ones

This hasn't really been determined yet. Apple recently updated their MacBooks in June so it may be awhile.

If you don't need one immediately, wait and see if Apple might update the line for the holidays. With all these rumors about Blu-Ray in the upcoming iTunes 9, I'd try to hold out. Apple is holding an event the week of Sept. 7, though this may likely be an iPod/iTunes only event.

Wait and see if they announce one for Macs (in the past, they've updated their cpu's around November).

A MacBook with Blu-Ray would be
pimp.gif
Yea I need it for school so idk whether I should pull the trigger now or wait till holiday season

^^ i would just recommend to just cop one man its worth it cus i just copped a MBP today and this this is
pimp.gif

on another note, can someone help me out and recommend me some security apps like a pop up blocker and all that good stuff would really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom