The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

Someone put me on Quicksilver. What is it, how do I work it, and is it worth the time to dl and install?

you press control and space together and you type in the application that you wanna open or mess with and voila, quick silver is uber dope

Originally Posted by salbah3

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

Someone put me on Quicksilver. What is it, how do I work it, and is it worth the time to dl and install?

you press control and space together and you type in the application that you wanna open or mess with and voila, quick silver is uber dope

Yes quicksilver is great, especially if you like shortcuts. Anyone recommend me a good laptop stand or cooling pad for my macbook? Mainly a cooling pad, orsomething to keep it cool

Originally Posted by Air23Jordan707

Anyone recommend me a good laptop stand or cooling pad for my macbook? Mainly a cooling pad, or something to keep it cool
Swiss Gear fan, got mine for $35 at Wal-Mart.

Anyone try using their PS3 controller on their mac? Because I think this is pretty cool. I'm playing GTA: San Andreas right now.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Anyone try using their PS3 controller on their mac? Because I think this is pretty cool. I'm playing GTA: San Andreas right now.

You connect it though bluetooth?
The driver only supports through usb cable for now. I think their still working on the bluetooth connectivity though, but it is possible.
http://tattiebogle.net/in...rojectRoot/Ps3Controller

How many in here have bought tier mac's and ipods from the retail store and got the "Back To School" rebate?
Can you submit of the rebate when you buy it or do you have to submit online? or can you get the iPod for free?

^^^^^^ you have to submit your rebate online but mine only took 3 to 4 weeks. So it isn't like other rebates where you wait 8 to 10 weeks.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

what do they actully look up? if my friend goes to collage? are they strict?
not really...

if you buy it online they just ask you to choose the school you go to, and they still give you the discount+ free ipod if that deal is going around

when i got mine 2 years ago they just asked what school i went, and i THINK my I.D but i dont quite remember

good looks
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

not really...

if you buy it online they just ask you to choose the school you go to, and they still give you the discount+ free ipod if that deal is going around

when i got mine 2 years ago they just asked what school i went, and i THINK my I.D but i dont quite remember

good looks
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
u kno it!

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

110118-amazon_snow_leopard_500.jpg

Several MacRumors have reported that Amazon has begun taking announced price of $29 for OS X Leopard users, and the listing notes that while Snow Leopard is slated for a September release, no official release date has been announced.

Amazon has also prominently featured an "Upgrade Path Alert" notifying customers that the upgrade is available only for Intel computers currently running OS X Leopard.
Quote:
[table][tr][td]Please note, that only Apple OS X Leopard users are eligible for the Snow Leopard upgrade. Tiger & earlier OS users will need to purchase either versions of the upgraded Mac Box Set. Also, Snow Leopard will only run on intel-based Mac computers.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Amazon has also begun offering pre-orders of OS X Snow Leopard family packs, Mac Box Sets bundling Snow Leopard with iLife '09 and iWork '09, and Snow Leopard Server.

- Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard ($29.00)
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Family Pack (5-User) ($49.00)
- Mac Box Set - (with Snow Leopard) ($169.00)
- Mac Box Set Family Pack with Snow Leopard (5-User) ($229.00)
- Mac OS X Server version 10.6 Snow Leopard ($499.00)

Note: Purchases through these Amazon links benefit MacRumors financially.

Article Link: Amazon Begins Accepting Pre-Orders for Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Those that purchased a MB on or after June 8, 2009 are qualified to purchase Snow Leopard for $10!
pimp.gif

Link: http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

When I click on the link what are you gonna do provided, it lets me login in to my apple store account, then I click on the US customer link, and it brings me to "items in your cart" page. Is that supposed to happen?
there are 2 "us customers" link...one is for if you bought online (on the left column) and one is on the right if you bought from the apple store (on the right column)
that brings you do enter your apple account, afterwards it asks for your serial number and other information accordingly

i just tried both and wasnt brought to a "items in your cart" page, maybe because you logged in first before clicking?
Can anyone help me out, I still have this problem. It does not ask for my serial number or anything. It just sends me to"items in yourcart."

My apple store rep didn't even ask me what school I went to. I told him I was looking into buying a MBP with a student discount and he was like bet.

where is my memory going? I just copped MBP and been using it a little, basically just surfing the net and all. I been noticing that my memory has been slowlydecreasing each time i use my MBP for some odd reason, but thing is that i havent downloaded anything on it. I cleared my cookies,cache, and history on safariand still my memory is lower than when i first had it. I heard it could be my 'runaway log' but dont know where to find that. anyone experience thisthat could help me out, lmk.

Originally Posted by AppleiPhone

Anyone recommend me a good laptop stand or cooling pad for my macbook? Mainly a cooling pad, or something to keep it cool
there's actually no truly effective cooling pad for macbooks due to their rear vents, best you can do is a stand...i think there were sometests run and the differences were minuscule at best

also, here are the top 50 widgets of current
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/top50/

Seeking an opinion on value, because I'm looking at two options:

$852: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz / 2GB RAM / 160GB Hard Drive / NVIDIA GeForce 9400M / SuperDrive / iSight Webcam / Bluetooth / Extreme WiFi / Mac OS X Leopard
$1,055: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz / 2GB DDR2 / 160GB Hard Drive / NVIDIA GeForce 9400M / SuperDrive / iSight Webcam / Bluetooth / Extreme WiFi / SD Slot / MacOS X

These are both aluminum unibody MacBooks (13.3 inch) and I'm debating whether it's worth the extra $200 to get that little bit of processing power andan SD slot. Thoughts, Mac folks? I'll be doing video editing in iMovie and photo editing in Photoshop along with some word processing, IM'ing and webbrowsing.

BTW, here are the two links:

http://www.jr.com/apple/pe/APP_MB990LL_SL_A/

http://www.jr.com/apple/pe/APP_MB466LL_SL_A/

(Fixed the second link to the correct unibody one)

Originally Posted by AppleiPhone

there's actually no truly effective cooling pad for macbooks due to their rear vents, best you can do is a stand...i think there were some tests run and the differences were minuscule at best

also, here are the top 50 widgets of current
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/top50/

Not 100% effective, but keeps my lap cool when it is on my lap.

[h2]The MacBook Micro is here, also might have a camera[/h2]
by Laura June posted Aug 15th 2009 at 1:52PM

yesefwff.jpg

Guys, theMacBook Micro has been announced. You're going to love it. It's three things: a Powebook from 1998, a student's art project, and a really shortemail. We hear it may boast a camera, too. Check out the gallery below to see this wonder of modern technology doing its thing... you will not be disappointed.

Update: Grace K. sent in a Flickr link, complete with video of the Micro. Check itout after the break. It doesn't make this thing feel any more "real," but what else were you planning on doing today outside of looking at Applerumors? Mow the lawn? Pshaw.

Back
Top Bottom