The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

just got a pro today and im trying to figure out how to do all the icon and $%#$. Having a hard time figuring it all out. Basically, im using candybar and imtryn to change some of the icons like the download and app folders, but they have files in there. ive noticed that if the file is empty then my icon will show,but if it not then the defualt mac icons show up. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. thanks.

Originally Posted by silentxnight

just got a pro today and im trying to figure out how to do all the icon and !%##. Having a hard time figuring it all out. Basically, im using candybar and im tryn to change some of the icons like the download and app folders, but they have files in there. ive noticed that if the file is empty then my icon will show, but if it not then the defualt mac icons show up. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. thanks.

Set icon and restart computer.

^^ will a simple logout solve the problem? or do i have to restart it? because ive done the logouts and they some of them still wont show

So I set up Spaces and assigned certain apps in each space.

I'm not sure if this is correct but, in order to go to say Space 2, 3, or 4, I need to go to Space 1,5 or 6 first then continue holding Cmd while pressing2,3 or 4. I can't go directly to Space 2,3, or 4. Is this normal?

I have 6 spaces altogether. I can go directly to Space 1, space 5, and space 6.

Someone shed some light.

Also, setting up Time Machine, how much should I partition from my internal hdd?

so my imac wont read my disks and just take them back out after a few min. i have had the comp for about 9 months and was wondering if it is covered underapple's warranty?

Originally Posted by slaterSB

MacBook Pro and iPhone 3G

1058o78.jpg

28grubd.png

Questions:
1) That PS3 icon - I assume your streaming your movies to your PS3? What program is that?
2) What is that "HD" icon... apple tv?
3) You keepin' files on your timecapsule seperate from your MB's HD?

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

yo i got an ipod problem. it says very low battery so i charge it for a while........charges up and indicates full battery but after a few seconds it goes down to empty and the screen turns off. i can still listen to music and everything but the screen will turn off every few seconds. its a 30 GB black ipod.

RIP to your iPod
Same thing w/ me, and I have the same ipod.

just made the switch also to a mac, just wondering what programs you guys use or recommend to download music, also I was dragging down an application to thedock but i let go off the mouse before I put it there and now its in my desktop how do I get rid of it? doesnt give me option to delete it from there. thanksin advance

Originally Posted by Two3 Jumpman

just made the switch also to a mac, just wondering what programs you guys use or recommend to download music, also I was dragging down an application to the dock but i let go off the mouse before I put it there and now its in my desktop how do I get rid of it? doesnt give me option to delete it from there. thanks in advance

drag it to the trash, or simply re-drag it to your dock. Mac's make everything reallllly simple to do.

Originally Posted by slaterSB

Originally Posted by silentxnight

does anyone know why certain icons arent changing? like dashboard, ical, and some others. thanks.
Hey thanks man. I think i read ur post on how to do it when u just wrote it out like 3 posts before mine lol. But i stillhavent figured out why my icons wont show up for certain folders. If i have something in a folder like my documents folder, itll show up as the blue defaultfolder, but if the folder is empty, my icon will show. Do you know how to fix that? thanks.

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

my aluminum mbp is dirty
frown.gif

any good/safe stuff to clean this with?

I use a damp microfiber cloth, works for me.

I hear iKlear is good too

Great video slaterSB videos have been a great help.

What exactly does using iSync to pair your iPhone to a MB do? I was just messing around on my comp and did it, but im not sure if I even did it right or whatexactly I can do with it now lol.

Back
Top Bottom