The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

my macbook pro lid creaks when i close/open it. would apple replace my laptop? i still have warranty

no, they'll just replace your lid. why the hell would they give u a new laptop over a part they can easily fix?
laugh.gif

i got a replacement laptop because a problem they could not fix. and still cannot fix with this POS MBP. ive completely given up on this company tho.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

whats the best skin for adium?
nerd.gif
what are the cleanest ones?

it's all trial and error...find one that works for you that is clean and organized. I have the Leia Duck theme going on with the dock icon and Aqualicious for the color theme. I like.

[h3]MacUpdate Spring Bundle: Parallels and 9 Other Mac Apps for $49.99[/h3]
044002-mupromo.jpg
A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal. Their latest bundle delivers at least 10 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $376 value if all purchased separately) including:

Parallels Desktop 5 ($79.99) - Run Windows, Linux on your Intel Mac.
Timeline 3D ($65) - Make timeline charts with full motion
SpellCatcher X ($39.95) - All-in-one writing solution for those who need standardized custom dictionaries
Hydra ($79.95) - Compose high dynamic range photographs with ease
Back-In-Time ($29) - Easy access to all the data backed up by Time Machine
ForeverSave ($14.95) - Automatically saves revisions of your documents so you never lose work
Hyperspaces ($12.95) - Take Mac OS X's Spaces to the next level
Web Snapper ($15) - Capture entire Web pages with a single click
MacDVDRipper Pro ($9.95) - Copy DVDs to your Mac
MacScan ($29.99) - Identify and remove malware, spyware, tracking cookies, and more

Good deal
pimp.gif

Here's what I have for my dock:

30m5z07.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has an icon set for iCal that looks like this. Kind of like just showing the date in the same type of text format. I already know whats involved in replacing the ical icons, I just haven't found something to make it in the style of what I already have for my dock.

Anyone know if buying applecare from ebay is legit? Warranty is about to expire in a couple of months and was looking in investing in the extended 2 year warranty just in case something goes bad. I'm looking for the cheapest available option. I was reading that buying applecare from ebay is fake and generated codes that will work but once you take it into apple they won't fix your mac.

Originally Posted by davizzy

Anyone know if buying applecare from ebay is legit? Warranty is about to expire in a couple of months and was looking in investing in the extended 2 year warranty just in case something goes bad. I'm looking for the cheapest available option. I was reading that buying applecare from ebay is fake and generated codes that will work but once you take it into apple they won't fix your mac.

you can save like 40% buying it from the Student site

was thinking this too

How do you guys store your movies? I'm looking for a good look media center that I can use the DVD covers with. Also is there a specific way to go about getting the DVD covers on the movie files?

Student Site meaning the discount from apple right?

Yes. Apple for Education

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

How do you guys store your movies? I'm looking for a good look media center that I can use the DVD covers with. Also is there a specific way to go about getting the DVD covers on the movie files?

Use Plex. it has a lot of skins and you can customize it to your liking. If you mean like actual physical storage, i just maxed out my internal drive to 640GBs

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Use Plex. it has a lot of skins and you can customize it to your liking. If you mean like actual physical storage, i just maxed out my internal drive to 640GBs
Cool, I'll look into that. I randomly found something called Delicious Library but they want $40 for it, so I'm looking for free or cheaper alternatives.

Can someone tell me if microsoft works 2007 powerpoint for pc will work on mac's microsoft works 2008 powerpoint? I have a speech and need a visual aid but only have works on my PC and wanted to know if i can get 2007 powerpoint to work on a 2008 powerpoint on a mac..... any help would be appreciated or any other suggestions would help as well.

So how do I get the correct artwork etc for files that Plex doesn't seem to recognize?

no clue. i've never had an issue with nonworking artwork. try their forums for support http://forums.plexapp.com/ or just google it

Can someone tell me if microsoft works 2007 powerpoint for pc will work on mac's microsoft works 2008 powerpoint? I have a speech and need a visual aid but only have works on my PC and wanted to know if i can get 2007 powerpoint to work on a 2008 powerpoint on a mac..... any help would be appreciated or any other suggestions would help as well.

from my understanding, anything made on a pc version of PP will work on the Mac version. Same thing goes in reverse, but mae sure you run a compatibility report before saving. The only issue i see that could be a problem would be certain fonts

Back
Top Bottom