The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Been thinking about getting a second machine. A diesel Macbook Pro would be worth it for me, but I could also probably get away with using the Air since my current Macbook is a 2011 and I'll be using them together. Might scoop an Air and an iPhone up at the same time if they have that interest free credit card still.

So I got an older macbook 3,1 (late 2007) that I got off a friend for $50. How much would it be worth if I upgraded it to around 4gb ram and a 120gb ssd? Trying to comp for the amount ima drop for a MacBook Pro

looking to buy a MacBook Air, do we know when the new ones are coming out yet?

I don't want to buy one this weekend and the next model comes out in October. 
laugh.gif

looking to buy a MacBook Air, do we know when the new ones are coming out yet?

I don't want to buy one this weekend and the next model comes out in October. 
laugh.gif
this was me a month ago, but i was like "**** it" word to the reporter from Alaska, and bought one, and i don't regret it.

copped an open box Retina 13in mid 2014 for 1099.

My girl is buying me a 27 in monitor for my B day, do you guys know a good affordable but nice looking stand that I can keep the MBPr docked? I assume I can just have it closed and set to the side, but a Stand would look cleaner.

Also I`m selling my 15in mbp whats the easiest way to clean up my personal stuff without me having the CD that came with the OS to wipe it clean?

aye y'all seen this shellshock vulnerability in linux based systems. damn. :smh: Wonder when apple will release a patch, don't feel like doing that guide to manually update the bash code using Xcode.

So the time has come to replace the battery on my early 2011 15inch mbp. Where do you guys recommend getting the battery from besides apple? Any good third party batteries out there? If I don't have to drop $130+tax from apple that would be awesome.

Edit: Thinking about swapping out my 8gb of ram for a fresh set also but I'm still on the fence about this since I don't have any problems with my old one. Maybe if I come across a spectacular deal in Nov-Dec I'll swap it out.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me out? I've been looking online for a solution for 30 mins now and can't find one :smh:

I was using my macbook pro (mid 2012) as I usually do when it powered off with about 60% battery left. Now, it won't turn on and the battery indicator lights on the side don't work either. I've tried resetting the SMC with the shift+control+option+power keys and nothing happens.

edit: i fixed it :smile:

Last edited:
how do i stop pop ups...noob question, i know. But it's annoying, every time I click on new refresh page, there's always a pop up.

i downloaded it, it great, but when i block ads, (which i did before) it leaves blank spaces and has my webpage scrolling down nonstop, and it's not a good look. Any other options or is there a way to stop the webpage from scrolling down like that?

Can't help you with that one. Only suggestion would be to uninstall and re-install or try a diff browser

When I record videos using the photobooth application I dont seem to get any sound during playback. Any way to fix this. Im on OS X 10.9.5

Has anyone experienced picking up radio stations or some sort of radio frequencies on their Imac? I was playing music on itunes this afternoon and all of a sudden, bam, out of no where! Kind of freaked me out.

Just purchased the latest Mac for $1747. Open box from Best Buy. Apparently, the customer thought it was suppose to come with a cd/blu-ray/dvd drive. When the customer found out that wasn't the case, he immediately returned the laptop.

So now I'm #TeamMac 8) . Bought a laptop case & keyboard cover so far. What other accessories should I look into? Any tips n' tricks on the MacBook that are a must know?

PLEASE RESPOND!

WHat? :x . You could buy two Macbook Airs for that price. What does that thing do, can I hack the Pentagaon? 

:x there goes part of the down payment for the condo

:lol: y'all crazy

+

What are must have apps on the MacBook?

Found out the problem with my internal mic that Im experiencing is a hardware issue. I schedule an appt with the genius bar but would like to know if I can get it repaired even though I do not have the Apple Care warranty. I know pay, but would like to know if they'd be willing to work on it before I end up making that trip tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom