The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I use to use a app called My Media Downloader for my music is there any apps similar to that since its no longer in the app store for IOS8?

Is there anyway to wipe a mid 2009 MBP clean without the install disk? I want to wipe clean to sell it. Also is Ebay my best Option to Sell? Gazelle seems to be low balling like heck

copped a mac few months ago.. and its still bone stock.. 

time to change that.. will be frequenting this thread.

Use that student discount for free Apple Care. I remember they gave me 300 bones in 2011 and that AppleCare was on the house :pimp:

Is there anyway to wipe a mid 2009 MBP clean without the install disk? I want to wipe clean to sell it. Also is Ebay my best Option to Sell? Gazelle seems to be low balling like heck

WIpe the drive from the Disk Utility.

What version of OS X are you restoring it to? If you're on maverick or mountain lion:
restart your computer and pull up OS X Utilities (Command + R). Select the re install OS X option after wiping the disk

If you're on Snow Leopard, you'd need the disk if you don't have a time machine or cloned image of the factory state. Snow Leopard install disk is only $20 on the apple store.

Bought my first Mac (MBP, 13 inch.. latest that has been released).

Time to read through this thread :pimp: .

anybody installed the new OS X Yosemite? Just installed on my computer and it looks nice, loving the new features

Just installed it on my iMac. I dig it.

Glad they finally added batch rename option for files in finder. Minor appearance changes are always welcome, IMO.

Don't really care for the iCloud features, as I don't really use it. Might look into it and see what it's all about.

Anyone know how I can install Yosemite and uninstall the beta? I went to the app store to update and it said you're already running OS X 10.10 - but I have a feeling the beta will expire

I can't pair my iPhone 6 to my Mac via bluetooth. It keeps saying my Mac isn't supported. I just updated to Yosemite earlier, and before then I've never tried to pair the two.

Downloaded Yosemite earlier. The new graphics look like a trash OSX-lookalike Windows theme :rolleyes.

Installing Yosemite right now but it's taking forever. It seems to be stuck at 21 minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Just finished installing. I don't like the theme one bit. It's way too light for me. Wish there was a way to make it darker. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Installing Yosemite right now but it's taking forever. It seems to be stuck at 21 minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Just finished installing. I don't like the theme one bit. It's way too light for me. Wish there was a way to make it darker. :rolleyes

You can. It's in the settings somewhere. You can make the taskbar and dock darker.

I downloaded from the App Store. I updated but now I'm stuck on a screen with a circle and slash in it. Nothing is moving. I wish I never updated smh but the upgrade had me curious. Now I'm stuck using my iPad mini

Back
Top Bottom