The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

for those of you who put stickers, do you place them directly on the surface of the macbook or on the case?

I think i got the smartshell too. I got the clear one. Mine doesnt really fit perfectly though. The bottom part kinda moves a little bit.

Def not as sexy now
I got the clear one too, I think I should have went with the matte black one

image.png

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1293726-REG/apple_mlh32ll_a_15_4_macbook_pro_with.html

Ive got a 2011 MBP but I'm about to upgrade to the 2016 I posted above probably sometime this week. I enrolled in an IT program and they said I'd need at least 8 gigs of ram and 256gb hard drive. Saw this deal and felt like it was a God send.

I know the 2017 has a little faster processor but for this price on a 15' I really can't justify the extra money.

I should be ordering tomorrow and I'm hype

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1293726-REG/apple_mlh32ll_a_15_4_macbook_pro_with.html

Ive got a 2011 MBP but I'm about to upgrade to the 2016 I posted above probably sometime this week. I enrolled in an IT program and they said I'd need at least 8 gigs of ram and 256gb hard drive. Saw this deal and felt like it was a God send.

I know the 2017 has a little faster processor but for this price on a 15' I really can't justify the extra money.

I should be ordering tomorrow and I'm hype

Great deal especially with 16gb of ram. You are probably going to have to use VMs so you want all the memory you can get.

Great deal especially with 16gb of ram. You are probably going to have to use VMs so you want all the memory you can get.

Yeah I figured just about as much plus they said Access can be taxing n my computer so this popped up at the perfect time.

Im shopping for some ram memory for my macbook 2012. I'm looking to use my BB card and was wondering if someone here could recommend me a good one. I went to a BB store and they told me they didn't have any, only online. Thanks

Anyone install the macOS High Sierra public beta? Just got finished putting it on my 2012 Mac Mini. Definitely sped it up. Feels like a fresh install. Everything is super snappy. That new file system seems to really be helping. I need to cop me a new MacBook Pro to go along with the ecosystem

Anyone ever buy a refurb MBP? The June 2017 ones are up on Apple.

Nah I definitely know people with refrubs and they are great. If the price is right I wouldn't be afraid to jump on it. I copped a 2016 from that B&H photo sale I posted last week. Actually waiting on a price match with my CC company right now so I might catch this 15' for 1500 which would be clutch.

Either way I say if it seems like what you are looking for you should jump.

Got a 2017 13” MBP a week or two ago. Opened it up just to set up. Haven’t even used it yet :lol: too shook on it getting scratched.

Is the space grey prone to scratches or should I just cop a decent case.

I’ve got a nice one from eBay for my air vefore and it was awesome but I kinda don’t wanna cover this baby up.

Conflicted on what to do

^ Just use it bro. It'll get scratched. Get a clear shell if you want. Put that build quality to test, long as you are within applecare.

Got a 2017 13” MBP a week or two ago. Opened it up just to set up. Haven’t even used it yet :lol: too shook on it getting scratched.

Is the space grey prone to scratches or should I just cop a decent case.

I’ve got a nice one from eBay for my air vefore and it was awesome but I kinda don’t wanna cover this baby up.

Conflicted on what to do

Buy a monitor, bluetooth keyboard, and mouse. Sit the laptop on the desk and work off the monitor. I don't even touch my 2013 mbp. The keys are perfect still. I don't have a need to take it outside the house either. Just don't let the wife use it. That means trouble. :rofl:

This is looking like a solid deal. ~300 off: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...-Intel-Core-i5-with-Retina-display-Space-Gray

Anyone know of a better deal with the same specs? I figured without the ability to upgrade RAM, 16gb is a must. I would like 256gb HD at the least. With USB-C and these SSD externals and cloud data, I figured internal drive space isn't as important anymore. But only have 128 may be pushing it, but it is another way to save.

I just got my refurb Space Grey MBP from Apple

8gb RAM, 256gb SSD

Everything pretty tight so far, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom