The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

1. That's a graphics card issue which I'm not to worry about(not playing any comp games nor do i need to render graphics).
2. The cloud help if you connected or have a fast internet connection. However i find icloud unreliable imo. idk

might just do a core dual core i7, 16gb ram and 256gb config 13 inch model w/touch bar. i think i'll be content.(ill upgrade the SSD down the road of ownership)

It’s not a video card issue actually. It’s just a matter of thunderbolt 2 vs thunderbolt 3 and all the adapters you have to buy to make the technologies speak to each other. The MBP has thunderbolt 2 which doesn’t have the throughput to run a 5k display. It’s a limit of the tech. Additionally it will only run some 4K displays at 60hz and others at only 30hz. You don’t have to render graphics or play games to enjoy a 4K or 5k display either. Eventually tech moves on like HDMI, DisplayPort, usbc, and thunderbolt.

In the end something will limit a machine even with maxed specs. I thought I was future proof for a while but I’m finding out I’m not.

Last edited:
It’s not a video card issue actually. It’s just a matter of thunderbolt 2 vs thunderbolt 3 and all the adapters you have to buy to make the technologies speak to each other. The MBP has thunderbolt 2 which doesn’t have the throughput to run a 5k display. It’s a limit of the tech. Additionally it will only run some 4K displays at 60hz and others at only 30hz. You don’t have to render graphics or play games to enjoy a 4K or 5k display either. Eventually tech moves on like HDMI, DisplayPort, usbc, and thunderbolt.

In the end something will limit a machine even with maxed specs. I thought I was future proof for a while but I’m finding out I’m not.
Sure and it limits you specifically because of your needs for your machine.

But for me, who does casual photo editing, blogging, and web-surfing, I think I could have made a smarter purchase with the 2015 model.

I just get caught up with wanting the 'latest and greatest'.

But I'm happy with my machine. Just wish I had a 15" for editing lol

Reactions: ARK
I moved from a maxed out 2008 15 pro to the 2015 15" pro last year with 2.5 GHz, Dual graphics cards and 512GB SSD.
I plan on upgrading the SSD to 1TB soon. Just be mindful it uses the PCI-e drive, not your typical SATA. They tend to be pricier for the same storage capacity.

Reactions: ARK
So, I've been receiving a notification at start up that "uninstaller quit unexpectedly" I checked my login items and check the launch folder to see what is launching at start up, but still couldn't resolve the issue.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do for this pop up to go away permanently?

after changing SSD/RAM has anyone noticed a dramatic drop in battery life?
What kinda macbook you have? the more ram you upgrade it will drain more energy. Also Depends on the Mhz you brought as well.

SSD is meant to be power efficient than traditional HDD. though.

Looking for a new laptop and it seems like the 2015 and 2017 air are not much different. Or am I wrong?

Looking for a new laptop and it seems like the 2015 and 2017 air are not much different. Or am I wrong?

They are a dramatically different, components wise. 2015 if you want those ports and MagSafe,
Get 2017 for usb c, since sub c can both charge and can be used a i/o port, and the touchbar(if you got gwap to drop money it)

Appreciate it. Have no interest in that touch bar thing I've a heard nothing but negative things
If you gonna get a MacBook Pro you should wait, March or April is usually when they announce newer refreshed models. It's up to you but you can find 2015 model thru Apple refurbish lineup.

I gotta get me new one my damm self my 2008 model is shutting down from overheating,

Nah just the air. I don't do anything on my laptop that requires a pro. Just study and BS

image.png

The tool I gauge when I'm buying Apple products and giving people info.

I thought my late 2011 MBP was donezo last night. It was fully dead so I plugged in the charger and turned it on. I logged in, all of a sudden it kept beeping and not doing anything else. Had to turn it off and restart.

Luckily it worked again. I googled the problem, and apparently 3 beeps + pause, repeated means the RAM is messed up.

I thought my late 2011 MBP was donezo last night. It was fully dead so I plugged in the charger and turned it on. I logged in, all of a sudden it kept beeping and not doing anything else. Had to turn it off and restart.

Luckily it worked again. I googled the problem, and apparently 3 beeps + pause, repeated means the RAM is messed up.

yep, your gonna have to get your hands dirty. gonna have open up the macbook and and pull each RAM stick out, there's a little button gold/metal tip in there that does a motherboard RAM reset hold it down for few seconds and put the RAM back in. will stop it from beeping again in the future.

yep, your gonna have to get your hands dirty. gonna have open up the macbook and and pull each RAM stick out, there's a little button gold/metal tip in there that does a motherboard RAM reset hold it down for few seconds and put the RAM back in. will stop it from beeping again in the future.

I upgraded to 8GB RAM about a year and a half ago. Didn't think it could get ****** up so soon

I upgraded to 8GB RAM about a year and a half ago. Didn't think it could get ****ed up so soon

what's the name brand of the RAM sticks? i upgraded my unibody macbook 2008 to 16gb 8x8 a few years ago. still works like a charm and i haven't experienced a reboot. got it from newegg, on black friday.

what's the name brand of the RAM sticks? i upgraded my unibody macbook 2008 to 16gb 8x8 a few years ago. still works like a charm and i haven't experienced a reboot. got it from newegg, on black friday.

I don't remember tbh. Got it from Bestbuy

FYI for anyone looking for a replacement battery for there older mac. I copped the same battery and it's been doing well.

Thanks for posting that Mac Rumors buyers guide above

So my late 2009 iMac graphics card kicked the bucket. I began having issues with it in 2015. I replaced it last year for $200 but it's not worth it to do it again.

Looking into getting a new mac set up for home. Any recommendations? Would love to stay under $1500 and get something used.

Saw some 2015-2017 iMacs I'm considering. Might stay away from the iMac Pro and Mac Pro just because I'd hate to spring thousands on a new computer right now.

Last edited:
Macbook or Macbook pro for someone who will be a highschool senior in Sept, and eventually attend university after? My brother will most likely only be using Microsoft office for projects and/or taking down notes. He's looking to get into med school in the future so I wanna get him something reliable.

His currently laptop is pretty dookie and some of the keys don't even work unless you push super hard :lol:

Back
Top Bottom