The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

macbook pro and not the low end model, the 15 inch if want it to last to med school.
i'll wait though cause apple should be announcing new macbooks later in the the 2ND quarter...April-June. '
Be prepared to drop money though, it will be worth it but you gotta drop money to and see it as an investment not a high priced machine.

TBH I got through college with a MacBook Air. Even used it some when I got into the my first job, since the laptop they were providing was trash. I upgraded a year in only because I had the money.

The pro's are pro's for a reason. I make great use of them now, because of my cinematography hobby as well as rendering designs for work. But for standard things you do in university? Dont think its needed. AGAIN depends on budget though. If you can spring for the best do it. My older brother and I did just that for when my youngest bro was in college. We got him a MBP 15 like recommended above, and it ended up coming into great use in his computer science major.

If all he's gonna be doing is browsing the internet and using MS Office then a MB or even an Air would suffice. I've used both, and would actually recommend the Air over the MB. That 12in screen on the MB is very small (albeit much nicer due to it being Retina). The Air is less than half the price of the MBP too.

If you have the money, the MBP will more than likely last him through med school and beyond. Not that the MB or Air wouldn't as well, but the MBP is definitely more future proof.

If all he's gonna be doing is browsing the internet and using MS Office then a MB or even an Air would suffice. I've used both, and would actually recommend the Air over the MB. That 12in screen on the MB is very small (albeit much nicer due to it being Retina). The Air is less than half the price of the MBP too.

If you have the money, the MBP will more than likely last him through med school and beyond. Not that the MB or Air wouldn't as well, but the MBP is definitely more future proof.

Pretty much my sentiments. Needs vs Budget definitely is the key.

I'll most likely cop him a mbp, and use his university student ID for that $100 discount or whatever it is :lol:

Just copped a 13 inch MacBook pro with the touch bar... 16gb's of ram, i7 processor and 512gb SSD off B and H. I get a gov discount off apple products, but this deal was better because it had no tax for my state!

Just copped a 13 inch MacBook pro with the touch bar... 16gb's of ram, i7 processor and 512gb SSD off B and H. I get a gov discount off apple products, but this deal was better because it had no tax for my state!

They have a deal going on right now? What did you end up getting it for?

Good deal IMO, even with my government discount I get, it's better to get from B and H because there is no tax to Washington.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._mpxw30_bh_macbook_pro_tb_i7_3_5ghz_16gb.html

Nice! I was looking at this:

http://deals.appleinsider.com/deal/...-with-free-shipping-and-no-tax-in-most-states

But man I keep hearing about the possibility of 13" having quad-core. To me thats a game changer, due to portability. But this is a great deal for a 15 as well.

That B&H deal also includes 2 years of Apple Care. I'm beginning to salivate.

dam my G. I didn't even see that and i've been staring at this deal for 2 days. that may have just tip the scale for me....smh. Wifes going to kill me lol

Just to be clear, anyone know of any better deals? Lol I think I’m going to pull the trigger. My Mac mini just sold.

Part of me is telling me to wait for the MacBook news later this year but I feel like that’s a never ending game, waiting for the next thing.

Just to be clear, anyone know of any better deals? Lol I think I’m going to pull the trigger. My Mac mini just sold.

Part of me is telling me to wait for the MacBook news later this year but I feel like that’s a never ending game, waiting for the next thing.

If you plan on getting a new macbook, imac start looking now. Best buy will be liquidating the previous models right about now for less prices. New and open box items. Try to haggle a deal on the open box items if you can.

If I were you I'd cop the B&H deal now. The next iteration will most likely just be updated internals, and you'd be getting an entry level model for the price you're getting a highly upgraded model from B&H.

Reactions: ARK
If I were you I'd cop the B&H deal now. The next iteration will most likely just be updated internals, and you'd be getting an entry level model for the price you're getting a highly upgraded model from B&H.

Agreed. $1,000 off and 2 year AppleCare?!? Thats hard to beat. Very hard. Still check Best Buy and see what they have. I wouldn't wait long on that B&H deal either. That will probably go quick.

^ as I was checking out, realized the deal was still live, but they ended the package with 2 year apple care. :rofl:

Reason I waited until today, was due to my paypal credit. I signed up and got approved, wanted to use the 0% 6months. welp I slept lol.

Back
Top Bottom