The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I just need a dedicated workspace and external monitor.

The 13inch is still a perfect screen size for me, but I'm getting annoyed having to toggle multiple windows.

Just made this workspace for my 13 in. Still need to work on the cable management, but I will be applying to work remotely permanently now
9FD59403-1D40-434A-A5C5-E05E3F17A0E9.jpeg

Looks like Apple is starting it's back to school promo again. Buy a Mac or iPad and get a pair of Beats for free. In the past you haven't needed any proof that you're actually a student :lol:. If you have an Apple Barclaycard they're offering interest-free purchases too. I've been debating on ordering a 15in MBP or souped up Mac Mini for a year now, this may make me pull the trigger.

https://info.barclaysus.com/H/2/v40...858/aa9bd1a9-d77e-4e47-9981-6c5d322a478b/HTML

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/back-to-school

Any recs on external monitors that won't break the bank? Seen a couple at Costco, but want to see if there are better options available.

any ever deal with upgrading ram to an older imac? (i have a 27 2013). it doesnt boot up anymore once i swapped out the ram and cant figure out my original config of ram that made it work before. -___- seems to be a common issue?

I assume you guys saw that the 12” MacBook was discontinued. I bought my wife the 2015 entry model a while back but she’s just now starting to really use it. The size is perfect. I’m considering getting one on clearance but supplies are already selling out.

I assume you guys saw that the 12” MacBook was discontinued. I bought my wife the 2015 entry model a while back but she’s just now starting to really use it. The size is perfect. I’m considering getting one on clearance but supplies are already selling out.
What is the price? Seems like the new MacBook Air is just a better deal over all.

Didn't know it was starting this early.

Touch ID on the Air is cool. Not sure if I'm feeling the gold.
I just got a MBA, love the Touch ID. Didn't think I would like it THIS much, but is soo damn useful, and I get lazy typing at times, lol

What are some must have apps? I can't seem to find a new or updated post on it? Specifically need a good Gmail app. I didn't even know there was no gmail app on the MacBook :angry:

What are some must have apps? I can't seem to find a new or updated post on it? Specifically need a good Gmail app. I didn't even know there was no gmail app on the MacBook :angry:
The gmail web interface is about as good as it gets. Why not just use that?

I recommend you trying Spark.

Mail OS is decent for what it is now.

i was gifted an older imac but there's a passcode or something that has to be put in. anyway to reset to factory settings without putting the code in? I don't know what it is at all.

What ad blocker do you guys use for Safari? I'm currently using uBlock Origin and it makes Safari so clunky.

Thinking about selling my MBP to fund my PC build. Not sure if I could commit to that lol

Have you guys or gals ever heard of Internet plans that only let 12 devices onto the Wi-Fi and no more?

Last edited:
i was gifted an older imac but there's a passcode or something that has to be put in. anyway to reset to factory settings without putting the code in? I don't know what it is at all.
Will need the passcode from whoever gifted out to you

Back
Top Bottom