The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

i was gifted an older imac but there's a passcode or something that has to be put in. anyway to reset to factory settings without putting the code in? I don't know what it is at all.
You need the restoration/ recovery disk to wipe the password away.

I’m in the market for a new laptop and I was looking thinking of a maxed out MBA. All I would use it is office apps, iTunes and to attempt to make beats on a Mikro Maschine. I know the processor is a little dated but is there any reason to go for a MBP or is my assessment for my basic needs correct? Let me know what you think NT

I’m in the market for a new laptop and I was looking thinking of a maxed out MBA. All I would use it is office apps, iTunes and to attempt to make beats on a Mikro Maschine. I know the processor is a little dated but is there any reason to go for a MBP or is my assessment for my basic needs correct? Let me know what you think NT
How much more is a maxed out 13" MBP in relation to the Air?

Have you guys or gals ever heard of Internet plans that only let 12 devices onto the Wi-Fi and no more?
No. But I know you could setup your wifi to limit the number users/devices that can connect to the network.

If you're going to spend the money to max out a MBA, you might as well go for a 13" MBP.

I didn’t know how outdated the MBA Processor was, so when comparing price, I might as well get more processing power for the same price
The recent updates to the 13MBP make it a much better buy even with just the i5. I say spend a little more get a MBP 16gb i5 with some more storage if you need more. Or skip storage get an i7 and get an external tb or usb c ssd for storage

Anyone use their macbook pro to edit 4k videos in Final cut pro?

I have a mid 2014 MBP and I've been struggling with it lately. I have to keep cleaning the memory using an app and it still does help. The fan sounds like one of those old PS3s when it's about to die.

I called an apple repair place and dude quoted me $500 to install a 1TB HD and have an external HD to help the computer "breathe" while doing the edits.

He said even if I bought a new laptop I'd eventually run into this problem.

I have a mid 2014 MBP and I've been struggling with it lately. I have to keep cleaning the memory using an app and it still does help. The fan sounds like one of those old PS3s when it's about to die.

I called an apple repair place and dude quoted me $500 to install a 1TB HD and have an external HD to help the computer "breathe" while doing the edits.

You can do it yourself for much cheaper.

It'll be way cheaper if you do it yourself. It'll also be way faster if you install an SSD instead of a hard drive. You probably wouldn't need the external at all.

You can YouTube how to do it. It's easy.

wow thats lame... i have a 2015 mbp and bring it everywhere on vacation domestic and international... now i cant bring it smh

Is anyone using Safari on Mojave? Don’t know what’s been going on lately but I after about a few minutes Safari won’t load and I have to restart my computer. Have heard bad things about safari on Mojave but last week was the first time I experienced it with today being the worst. I’ve probaly restarted my MacBook about 6 times today and it’s not even noon. I guess jokes on me for being the only person in the world not using Chrome? Lol

Is anyone using Safari on Mojave? Don’t know what’s been going on lately but I after about a few minutes Safari won’t load and I have to restart my computer. Have heard bad things about safari on Mojave but last week was the first time I experienced it with today being the worst. I’ve probaly restarted my MacBook about 6 times today and it’s not even noon. I guess jokes on me for being the only person in the world not using Chrome? Lol

I didn't have any issues for the brief time I used safari on Mojave that I noticed

Just got approved for an Apple Card and used Apple Pay for the first time...woah, the future :wow:

Can’t wait for that titanium card to come in :nthat:

Looks like the new 16-inch MBP will have an all-new keyboard. :nerd::pimp:

Most notably, the new MacBook Pro may have an all new keyboard that does away with the butterfly mechanism, swapping back over to a design based on traditional scissor switches.

PO

Looks like the new 16-inch MBP will have an all-new keyboard. :nerd::pimp:

Most notably, the new MacBook Pro may have an all new keyboard that does away with the butterfly mechanism, swapping back over to a design based on traditional scissor switches.

PO

Yes it was rumored it would be new when rumors started a few months ago. I hope we hear something about it this week.

I do hope we hear about a new display that’s a step down from that 32” XDR display with the stand that’s sold separate. That’s too much money but I would go for a lesser 27” model.

Bros,

Where would be the best place to sell my 2016 13" non-touch bar MBP? I no longer have a need for it and would like to get the most money for it. I was thinking eBay and Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom