The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Naw I would go with the 16" for a little more.

The redesign in the keyboard, heat dissipation, and larger battery are all worth it imo.

I have a chance to buy a brand new 2019 15" Pro i9 512GB for 2k. Is this a good deal?
I seen 16s (512gb i7 16gb Ram) go for a $100 more. I returned my 2019 15" Pro i9 512GB and it the fan was running from just browsing NT. I've yet to hear the fan on this 16"

Just made this workspace for my 13 in. Still need to work on the cable management, but I will be applying to work remotely permanently now
9FD59403-1D40-434A-A5C5-E05E3F17A0E9.jpeg

made a few adjustments to this setup since I moved to remote work full time now:
44FBEF83-2165-4D9C-A826-999CE714CB53.jpeg

I added a dock instead of having the dongle hang off the laptop. Not fully there yet, but progress is being made

1575620712290.png

Got it off of Facebook Marketplace used for $75, worth every penny. I bought it with the idea that I would buy a second 27" monitor and connect them both to it, but I have been lazy about that.

Nice! I think I may look into this when I redo my setup a bit. Still deciding on loaded Mac Mini or the 16" MBP, and it looks like there is a 100W version. Not really thinking I will like lugging around a 16" laptop, but I did used to have a 15.

How much does a screen repair usually cost? Not Even sure how this happened.

6B83E9F4-7300-4C32-8552-A6D062ED6E8C.jpeg
I would assume a few hundred 3-400, which would make it not worth it imo.

Nice! I think I may look into this when I redo my setup a bit. Still deciding on loaded Mac Mini or the 16" MBP, and it looks like there is a 100W version. Not really thinking I will like lugging around a 16" laptop, but I did used to have a 15.

I would assume a few hundred 3-400, which would make it not worth it imo.
Insurance got me for free thankfully. Otherwise yeah that isn't worth it

Wasn't even aware they did trade ins. May have to look into it.
You basically click trade in on their website and order your new machine. Phobio sends you a turn in kit. You send your old machine in and they credit the difference back to your account. I didn't trust Phobio's flimsy box to protect my machine so I bought some bubble wrap from Amazon and wrapped the machine to make sure it arrived intact.

do MBP have any backup features like iPhone does with iCloud, to transfer all your docs, apps, etc from an old MBP to a new MBP?

so the apple mac pro is now on sale fully equipped with the pro monitor comes up to $60k :wow:

i know its not for us consumers but damn thats like putting a tesla model 3 on your desktop

cant wait until some youtuber buys one and runs bench marks on it hopefully Linus gets one soon!

See the 13" air going for $800 on bestbuy but not sure if i should get that or the pro?

First time buying a mac and id probably use it for mostly everyday stuff, some coding, and gaming(league of legends)
Also saw the surface pro was sorta of similar? If you guys have any insight on that since I mostly use windows

Don't buy that one, it's a very old computer (2017). Pay the difference and get the MBA from last year or the MBP.

The one for $800 doesn't have a retina display and is dual core. The fact that they charge $800 for it is criminal

Don't buy that one, it's a very old computer (2017). Pay the difference and get the MBA from last year or the MBP.

The one for $800 doesn't have a retina display and is dual core. The fact that they charge $800 for it is criminal
Ight thanks I’ll look at the pro.

also do you have any experience with the Microsoft surface laptops?

Back
Top Bottom