The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by eugeneME

Hey all,

I just went to the store where I purchased my mac pro from to check on my 1 yr insurance, turns out that I just missed it by a week. Is there anything I can do so that I can still purchase Apple Care, or am I done for?
Just wondering if anyone can help me with my og question, just trying to get this cleared up before it's too late. Thanks in advance

Hey all,

I just went to the store where I purchased my mac pro from to check on my 1 yr insurance, turns out that I just missed it by a week. Is there anything I can do
so that I can still purchase Apple Care, or am I done for?
Just wondering if anyone can help me with my og question, just trying to get this cleared up before it's too late. Thanks in advance

no you played yourself
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Your serial is tied to you date of purchase, so theres really no way out of it.
You don't really need AppleCare though, as long as youre not too far from an Apple Store. The people at the genius bar are mad lenient with repairs andreplacements and stuff.

^ Thanks. I'm just asking bc my fan is starting to make some weird noise; and I'm kicking myself for missing it by a week.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Anybody know how to get rid of the Volume Logic add on for Itunes? It's pissing me, i can't even click on it, and can't shut my Itunes. When I go to the finder, Volume Logic is no where to be found. Help please.

Quit Itunes.

Drag the plugin from /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL/
and the preference file User/Library/Preferences/com.octiv.VolumeLogic.plist to the trash

I can't quit Itunes, the Volume LOgic just hangs there and i can't quit either. There is also no file for the plug-in in my finder.

Still can't fix this. So frustrating, can't even open my Itunes, I have to force quit it everytime i open it.

Its prolly been posted on here but...

anybody know any good websites that sell powerbook parts? or could anybody recommend me a good MAC forum?

Long story short my Powerbook G4s screen died on me the other day
tired.gif

Dreamweaver_cs3.png

Overview:

Adobe Dreamweaver has long been the gold standard for web design and development, and now, with CS4, it delivers more powerful features than ever before! With code hinting for Ajax and JavaScript, and the CSS Best Practices properties, you can spend more time designing and less time coding and de-bugging! This upgrade package is for users who currently own Dreamweaver CS3.

Smart additions like AIR authoring support speed your project toward publication without needing to toggle between applications. The new Related Files feature lets you view the source code and parent page of a file quickly from the toolbar, while the Code Navigator lets you view and access the source code related to your selection. With Smart Objects, you can insert an object from Photoshop into your Dreamweaver project, and update the source without opening Photoshop. Dreamweaver CS4 gives you all the power and flexibility you need to get the web content you want in less time!
wink.gif

Brazilian website MacMagazine links [Google translation] to YouTube user LeopardOctober, who has been posting videopreviews of new Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard features. Many of the features have already been described, but the videos provide examples of the features inuse.

In HD + NEW - Snow Leopard Build10A261Demonstrates "Put Back" feature that restores trashed files to their original locations, Finderwindow slider for resizing icons, Stacks "drill down" navigation, the ability to play videos directly within their Finder icons, automatic date andtime stamping of screenshots in the file name, organization of the Services menu by type, and a new preference pane within Keyboard & Mouse offeringexpanded keyboard shortcut configuration. Several of these features were described several monthsago.

Dock and Substitutions - Snow LeopardBuild 10A261Illustrates the ability to easily assign applications to specific Spaces directly from their Dockicons, and "Substitutions", which offer several auto-correct/auto-format features and expansion of the Data Detectors feature that automaticallyfinds text such as dates and times and automatically provides links to operations in related applications such as iCal.

Finder Preferences - Snow Leopard build10A286Shows Finder preference allowing default searches to cover the entire Mac, the currently open folder, orwhatever the previous search scope was.

QuickTime 10 - Snow Leopard build10A286Runs through the menus present in the new QuickTime Player and illustrates the "Trim" feature andSave/Export options. Details on the new QuickTime have been trickling out for the past several months.

Article Link: Snow Leopard Videos Demonstrating SeveralNew Features Surface

RegisterHardware reportson a meeting last week between Apple senior executives and analysts for investment firmOppenheimer & Co. which provided a bit of insight into Apple's options for increasing iPhone market share. A report on the meeting issued by Oppenhimeranalyst Yair Reiner mentions several obvious strategies that Apple could employ:
Quote:
[table][tr][td]Yair Reiner, an analyst at Oppenheimer, recently met with several unnamed Apple executives who, he claimed, said: "[The] iPhone is still in its early days and could gain share by: providing more functionality, lowering prices, growing geographically, or segmenting the market with different models."[/td] [/tr][/table]
In seeking clarification about the market segmentation comment, Register Hardware learned from Reiner that "segmentation would focus onsoftware." Register Hardwareinterprets this comment to meanthat Apple is considering offering multiple models of the iPhone that would consist of essentially identical hardware, but have different softwarepackages.
Quote:
[table][tr][td]For example, Apple could market one 'YouTube' iPhone model with applications that provide video capture, editing and sharing features. Other iPhones might only offer basic video capture - or perhaps no video at all.

Selling models differentiated by hardware seems unlikely. Different iPhones with very different physical specs could have far-reaching implications for Apple's production methods, volumes and costs.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Another possibility is that market segmentation could still be offered using different hardware, but driven bydifferences in software, such as the rumored "iPhone nano" that could conceivably be released without a focus on the App Store found on the currentiPhone. In broad terms, Apple's comments indicate that the company may be using software-based decisions to define feature sets for various iPhone hardwaremodels.

Article Link: Differentiation of Future iPhone Modelsto be Driven by Software?

anybody know where i can get good, cheap ram for my macbook pro, 15" .its the 2.4 ghz version, not the unibody? i was also wondering how much a newbattery for it would cost?

For everyone asking about the wallpaper, i do not have the OG, i actually got it from this thread.
laugh.gif

The new Apple commercial combatting Windows is awesome as well!

Lastly, Doc is a monster. That is all.
pimp.gif

PO

Originally Posted by PO2345

For everyone asking about the wallpaper, i do not have the OG, i actually got it from this thread.
laugh.gif

The new Apple commercial combatting Windows is awesome as well!

Lastly, Doc is a monster. That is all.
pimp.gif

PO

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Haven't been here in a minute, Doc putting in work as always have to catch up on this thread.

A few questions, the road runner and router aren't in my room so if i get Time Capsule where do i have to connect it?

I'm trying to get a screen also but having no space FTL.

What can i do to add more memory and make it go faster, don't know all these computer terms sorry
grin.gif

Doc where can i get that Photo Booth app. you showed a few pages back.

Anybody have a discount code for Speck
eyes.gif
found it.

Originally Posted by bussinessilicitos

Doc where can i get that Photo Booth app. you showed a few pages back.

Probably should Mention the name to ME

what i did there, can u see you it?
wink.gif

one of my fav threads on NT..
doc hooked me up a while back and I can see he is still doing it up in here! props to you sir! there truly are some good people on NT

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

one of my fav threads on NT..
doc hooked me up a while back and I can see he is still doing it up in here! props to you sir! there truly are some good people on NT
thanks man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anybody got any new desktops or icon sets they discovered

check out this site for HD Wallpapers,,,, http://www.hdwallpapers.net/

just got a macbook pro

what program is available to transfer my music from my iPhone to my comuter. Senuti does not work for some reason.

Thanks

Just figured out how to take a screenshot. Here is mine, not as high tech as some of yours, but it works for me. I love this machine for messing with it forabout 3 hours.

How do I get it to be as big as the regular screenshots???

Back
Top Bottom