The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Very new to the Mac world. Old PC fried up after a long time and I jumped in at a very entry level with a Mac Mini. Didn't want to spend a ton on my firstMac. What are some of the essentials that I will need to download for my Mac? Also, if there are any very useful sites, I am all for that too. Sorry, I am surethese have all been listed before but I wasn't gunna look through 104 pages tonite. Thanks guys. Hopefully I am a regular in this thread.

Very new to the Mac world. Old PC fried up after a long time and I jumped in at a very entry level with a Mac Mini. Didn't want to spend a ton on my firstMac. What are some of the essentials that I will need to download for my Mac? Also, if there are any very useful sites, I am all for that too. Sorry, I am surethese have all been listed before but I wasn't gunna look through 104 pages tonite. Thanks guys. Hopefully I am a regular in this thread.

So I'm trying to install a dock theme, but every time the dock refreshes it stays the default Leopard theme. Any help or suggestions?

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

So I'm trying to install a dock theme, but every time the dock refreshes it stays the default Leopard theme. Any help or suggestions?

Same thing happened to me when I was messing with dockulicious. So I now use Superdocker.
http://www.superdocker.com/
new-jack-wesley-snipes_l.jpg
cominthru in the clutch
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^Sweet I'll try that...I'm trying to change my dashboard icon...But it won't change? Suggestions? And how do you change the icons for firefox,iTunes, etc.?

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

^Sweet I'll try that...I'm trying to change my dashboard icon...But it won't change? Suggestions? And how do you change the icons for firefox, iTunes, etc.?

Either an App called Candybar or do it the manual way.
Manual Way:
1. Copy Icon (Apple+C)
2. Get info of App (Apple+I)
3. Click icon on the top-right of Get Info screen
4. Paste Icon (Apple+V)
Manual way cannot change the Icons of some System icons like Finder and Trash. To change those you need Candybar.

And seeing that your a Dubs fan I got Warriors and bunch of Sports Icons in my Gallery at DA
http://kneenoh.deviantart.com/gallery/#Icons

I have a bit of a prob. I installed photoshop on my computer and along with it came like a million icons. So one day I was cleaning up my applications folderand moved every icon dealing with adobe or photoshop into a different folder. Now when I try to launch photoshop it just bounces on my doc and disappears. Cansomeone tell me how to fix this please.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by tone49

^^^^
Tried that like a million times. Still bounces on the doc and disappears
frown.gif
how are you uninstalling.... are u just moving to trash and deleting??

just a suggestion... try using appzapper to uninstall because it deletes all the files associated with it as well.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by tone49

^^^^
Tried that like a million times. Still bounces on the doc and disappears
frown.gif
how are you uninstalling.... are u just moving to trash and deleting??

just a suggestion... try using appzapper to uninstall because it deletes all the files associated with it as well.

frown.gif
I downloaded and installed the trial version of appzapper and used my5 free zaps to delete photoshop and install it again and its still doing it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Aint no fun & games in the thread today...its too active in here
pimp.gif

lets change that

vampyrestorypic.png

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Story
Deep within the walls of a gloomy castle in the equally gloomy land of Draxsylvania, the young,
gifted opera singer Mona De Lafitte is held captive by her tormentor, vampire Baron Shrowdy von
Kiefer. Ever since she was transformed into a vampire by Shrowdy and whisked off to Draxsylvania,
her greatest wish has been to return to Paris,continue her singing career, and one day become a
star at the Paris Opera.

When Shrowdy fails to return from a nightly foray, she at last sees an opportunity to flee. Together
with her only friend and confidant, a cheeky bat named Froderick, she escapes from her prison and
tries to find her way back to Paris. During her flight through Draxsylvania, where she encounters
some strange inhabitants and some even stranger challenges, Mona must learn not only to accept her
vampire nature, but also to use the abilities she has acquired to her advantage.

The classic adventure "A Vampyre Story" is penned by Bill Tiller, who was involved in the creation
of such milestones of the genre as "The Dig" and "The Curse of Monkey Island". Players use a
point-and-click interface to direct Mona and Froderick through a richly detailed world consisting
of more than 30 beautifully hand-painted locations that utilizes real time 'Multiplane' camera
technology, that entice the viewer to examine and explore. On her puzzle-filled journey to Paris,
Mona meets more than 20 3D-characters, ranging from the just plane silly to the very strange, in
over 15 hours of brain-teasing fun.

Features
· A classic point-and-click comic adventure created and directed by Bill Tiller
· More than 30 hand-drawn locations in 2D
· rendered using a real time 3d 'multi-plane' camera
· More than 25 characters
· Mona's vampire abilities and restrictions create interesting gameplay

Requirements
· Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher
· Intel or PowerPC G4 CPU, 1.33 GHz or better
· GeForce 5200, Radeon 9600 or GMA950, 64 MB VRAM
· 512 MB RAM
· 3 GB hard disk space
[/td] [/tr][/table]

avampyrestorypc11.jpg

avampyrestorypc07.jpg

avampyrestoryscreenshot.jpg

945914_101736_front.jpg

The story begins…

Arkham Asylum is home to Gotham City's criminally insane villains - or at least it was until they broke out. Now they're working together to commit astring of fiendish (and surprisingly elaborate) crimes and it's up to you to stop them! Play alone or with a friend as Batman and Robin - the Dynamic Duo -and use their array of hi-tech suits, vehicles and special abilities to put the crooks behind bars, then switch to other Gotham City crime fighters likeBatgirl and Nightwing to finish the job. When you're done cleaning the streets of Gotham, turn it around and play as any one of a whole range of villains,from Bane and Catwoman to Two-Face and The Riddler, and find out how much fun it is to steal giant lasers and plant penguin minions all over the city usingvillainous vehicles and super-skills like mind control!

Minimum Requirements
Processor: 1.8GHz
RAM: 512MB
Graphics: 128MB VRAM
Mac OS: 10.4.10
Hard Disk: 5GB
Drive: DVD
Input: Mouse

Recommended Requirements
Processor: 2.2GHz
RAM: 1GB
Graphics: 256MB VRAM
Mac OS: 10.5
Hard Disk: 5GB
Drive: DVD
Input: Game Pad

This game will run on GMA graphics cards with shared RAM
Designed for Intel processors only

Some pics:

screen133.jpg

screen225.jpg

1zchitv.jpg

True Crime
Streets of L.A.

http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2005/03/truecrime/

-----

"They call it the city of angels. Funny, in my 30 years here, I haven't seen a single one. My old friend Henry Wilson used to say, 'People dare to dream here.' He liked that about L.A. I say: 'Woah, dreaming will get you killed.' Maybe I was right: nobody knows what happened to Henry all those years ago. But whatever it was, he didn't deserve it."

The camera pushes in on the convertible's driver, a handsome young man with a carefree attitude, as George explains that he stepped aside in deference to a younger generation of cops, including the one we see before us.

"Will he live to see the sun set?" George asks as the driver winks at a pair of young women in the car next to him. "I don't know. And there are times I just want to tell him, 'Give it up, go be a lawyer or a doctor, something.' But it ain't my place.

"Besides, that would be a disservice to his old man. See, there are unanswered questions here. And I know that one day someone will get to the truth. What happened to Henry was a true crime. And if there's one man who deserves to find out the truth, it's his son, Nicholas Kang Wilson. This is his story."

You are Nick Kang.

Act One: Set the Scene
Nick's goal: Investigate the crime wave instigated by the Triad, a gang that terrorizes Chinatown. Despite the fact that the police force recently suspended him for use of excessive violence, Nick's willingness to do whatever it takes to collar the bad guys make him the perfect field agent for the Elite Operations Division (E.O.D.).

Nick's motivation: A burning desire to discover what really happened to his father. He suspects the Triad investigation will lead him in the right direction.

Nick's complication: Rosie Velasquez, a gang-member-turned-cop asked to accompany Nick and make sure he doesn't go too far over the line. She's not happy about a babysitter assignment, and Nick doesn't like working with a partner.

Act Two: The Plot Thickens
Despite the cinematic overtones, however, True Crime doesn't play in a linear fashion. Between the major story beats, you can go on side missions to bust perps or simply explore the game map, which covers 240 square miles of realistic L.A. scenery. You'll pass the Staples Center, Mann's Chinese Theater and other well-known landmarks as you drive down such recognizable streets as Venice Blvd. and Hollywood Blvd.

Or, we should say, careen down those streets. You won't catch any of the bad guys if you obey all the traffic laws. If you trash your ride, you can always look on the map for a repair station or simply hop out and commandeer another one. Just watch out for innocent bystanders: every time you hurt one, you lose reward points, which are the currency you need to fix you car, gain back lost health and access the 24/7 facilities where you can upgrade skills. You earn reward points every time you solve a crime or successfully complete a mission.

And unlike in a movie, True Crime's storyline branches in different directions depending on your behavior. Lose too many reward points and Nick will be considered a bad cop, which reflects in the way the other characters in the game respond to him. Go too far and you could spark civil unrest, which causes civilians to attack Nick. Eventually, the police will get involved and try to arrest him. You can cool down the situation by performing good deeds.

Act Three: Climax and Denouement
The game actually features three endings. Which one you see depends on how well Nick conducts himself and how successfully he completes his missions. Given that you can still move the story forward even if you don't complete all the requirements of a mission, those little failures can catch up by the end.

As George says at the beginning of the game, there are unanswered questions about the fate of Nick's father, and it would be a shame if he couldn't answer them by the end.

Mature Content Advisory

This game is only suitable for individuals 17 years of age or older.

Site: True Crime: Streets of LA
Publisher: Aspyr Media
Developer: Luxoflux Corp.
Genre: Action

System Requirements:
Mac OS X version 10.2.8 (10.3.7 recommended)
1GHz PowerPC G4 processor or higher
256MB of RAM
3GB hard disk space
32MB video RAM (Radeon 8500 or GeForce2 MX or better)
DVD drive
Multiplayer: 56Kbps or faster connection, LAN (TCP/IP) supported, Mac-to-Mac only (GameRanger supported)

-----

Screenshots:

ajv1op.jpg

11lhsgk.jpg

15ofod3.jpg

wink.gif

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
20090327-npjm947cq7ky94u3677rese2p4.jpg

Forge Your Weapon and Follow the Path of the Jedi
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is the latest installment of the highly
acclaimed Jedi series. Take on the role of a new student eager to learn the
ways of the Force from Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

Customize your character and interact with famous Star Wars characters in
many unique Star Wars locations where you face powerful enemies. You can
build your own lightsaber and use the level selection system to choose your
own path through the game.

You must now make the ultimate choice: Fight for good and freedom on the
light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side.

Features:

-Customize your character by defining both look and gender before entering
the Academy to learn the power-and dangers-of the Force.
-Construct your own lightsaber from handle to blade. As you progress,
discover the power of wielding two lightsabers or the ultimate double-bladed
lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul.
-New vehicles, weapons, Force powers and Star Wars locations.
-Unique level selection system allows you to choose your own mission and
adventures.
-Six multiplayer modes including team-based siege mode and two-on-one
power duel. Fight in 23 multiplayer arenas!
20090327-rgmnpwubd1h934nttdc4b2j5dq.jpg

wink.gif

This is an excellent adventure game brought to us by LucasArts, the same people who gave us the superb Monkey Island series, the bizarre Day Of The Tentacleand the brilliantly weird Sam 'n' Max to name but a few.
The range of locations, puzzles and characters you meet along the way are superb. The scenery is nothing short of fantastic and the music is perfect. It hassuitable doses of drama, tension and comedy to give it an unsurpassed atmosphere.

The game is based on Mexican folklore: when a person dies, their soul is collected by a travel agent who sets them off on their journey across the land of thedead to the ninth underworld - the better a person has been during their life the better the transport they get for that journey, from a walking stick for thenot too good to a ticket on the Number Nine train for the downright saintly.
You control a character named Manny Calavera who is one such travel agent who is working to pay off a debt he owes to the Department of the Dead. Unfortunatelyfor Manny, though, he never seems to get any good clients who will get him the commision he needs to pay off this debt. So, your job, initially, is to help himget the good clients he needs.

Description :
Come on down to play The Price Is Right! Feel the thrill of playing in Contestant's Row and through 16 of the most popular pricing game challenges,including Plinko, Cliff Hangers, Punch-A-Bunch and more! Try your luck as you spin the Big Wheel for the chance to win fabulous virtual prizes and a hugepay-off in the final Showcase! You can play alone, or invite up to four friends to compete in Party Mode! Are you ready? Because, you are the next contestanton The Price Is Right!
• A True-To-Show Game Experience!
• 16 Of The Most Popular Pricing Games!
• Play Single Player Or Party Mode!
• Contestants Row, Big Wheel & Showcase!

System Requirements :
10.4 or higher (but it is possible it may work on older OSX's)

Monopoly 3D
For all of you old kids!
Wonderful ultra-realistic digitalization of an evergreen game; you can play in 2D or 3D, classic or real cities boards (N.Y., L.A. ...), with classic or customrules, ...you can create your own board too.

20090516-nd9jpi63cadtweahcksfr6q1we.jpg

20090516-neceuh543cc6an1xfhc1uybhjr.jpg

20090516-tmskkmw7rb2bf6p1p8b2rxf954.jpg

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is a first-person action video game developed by Swedish company Starbreeze Studios and published by VivendiGames. It is a part of the Chronicles of Riddick franchise.
The likeness and voice of the movie's lead actor, Vin Diesel, are also used for Escape from Butcher Bay's main character, Richard B. Riddick. Setbefore the events of the films Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, the game follows Riddick in his attempt to escape from Butcher Bay, amaximum-security prison.

Requirements:
Mac OS version: OS X 10.4.11
Min. Processor: Intel Core Duo
Min RAM: 1 GB
Video RAM: 128 MB
Harddisk space: 4 GB

20090514-kybtgi96gwdrgddba9kh5wx4jj.jpg

Motorcycles. Mayhem. Murder. One minute you're on the road, riding. Not a care in the world. Then some guy in a suit comes along, says he's got a dealfor you and your gang. But when you come to, you've got a lump on your head, the law on you back, and a feeling in your gut that the road you're on isabout to get a lot rougher. Beat up. Busted. Mad. Ben's been double-crossed before. But this time they messed with his gang, they trashed his bike, andthey're about to come back for more. Chain saws. Tire irons. Semi trucks. Everything's coming after Ben at once. Trouble's riding his back sotight it makes the leather squeak. He's got to out-fight it, out-smart it, and out-run it if he wants to survive. Suits. Cops. Minivans. The society thatcast him out long ago wants him back -- Dead or Alive. A faceless legal system wants Ben for murder. A greedy executive wants him for money. A mysterious womanwants him for revenge. Kicking graphics, brutal puzzles, and a head-on collision of action and adventure! Movie-quality sound and a full digital scorefeaturing the Gone Jackals - an authentic hard-hammerin' biker band! A cinematic adventure game combining both 3D and 2D animation. Full Throttle paintsits hardened road warriors against the backdrop of a futuristic setting. Ben, hardcore biker and gang leader, has been framed for the murder of a prominentcitizen, Malcom Corley. Separated from his gang and a fugitive from the law, Ben determines to find the true murderer, clear his own name, and rescue the soleheiress of the Corley Motorcycle Company. The game balances between a rich storyline and action-packed scenes which include explosive gang wars, first-personroad sequences, and a climactic showdown between the rival gangs.

20090512-t7s4by2rdkk4buwfieqjiy57ch.jpg

Description :
Many years ago, a mysterious tycoon started BigCo and became the dominant ice cream maker. Since that time, all who have tried to contend with BigCo havefailed. Armed only with an old ice cream truck and the wisdom of her grandma, guide Anna through challenges from impressing fickle business owners around town,to earning respect, cash and special truck upgrades. Choose your own path to success!

Back
Top Bottom