The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

QUICK QUESTION

I'm looking to buy an iMAC soon...

Should I wait for "better" time?

Are there any new ones coming out this summer?

They currently have a student discount.... is there a better option later this summer?
I mean, if they have the student discount now.. I'd say go for it. But there is a new iPhone coming out in the like 2 months, I think applegot something else up there sleeves besides just a iPhone.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

QUICK QUESTION

I'm looking to buy an iMAC soon...

Should I wait for "better" time?

Are there any new ones coming out this summer?

They currently have a student discount.... is there a better option later this summer?

I really doubt that there will be a new iMac coming out any time soon, they just released the new iMacs a couple of months ago. If you can, just wait till theBack to School promotion around June/July and i'm pretty sure you can use your student discount too.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

I heard that it's possible to jailbreak a touch 2nd gen. Is it worth it to do so? What do you get out of it and how's it done? I'm trying to decide if it's easy or worth the trouble at all.
This should help you. I had to jailbreak my cousin's 2nd gen touch and I used this video. It was pretty easy and took me about 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/v/zsZsK7jtUD8&hl=en&fs=1

[h3]Apple Launches U.S. Back-to-School Promo, Does Not Include iPhone[/h3]
Wednesday May 27, 2009 09:48 AM EST; Category: iPod
Written by Eric Slivka
Alongside today's minor update to its white MacBook, Apple announced the launch of its annual Back to School promo for U.S. education customers. This year's program offers rebates of up to $229 on the full line of iPods when purchased with a qualifying new Apple computer, which includes all Macs except the Mac mini.

093747-back_to_school.png
Both the Mac and iPod must be purchased at the same time on the same receipt, and purchases must be made either directly from Apple or at an Apple Authorized Campus Store. This year's program runs through September 8th, 2009.

This year's promotion had been rumored to extend to the 8 GB iPhone this year, but the claim did not come to fruition.

Apple is currently running a similar promotion in Canada, and typically offers such programs in a number of other countries later in the year.
http://www.macrumors.com/2009/05/21...pable-next-gen-iphone-macbook-pro-rebranding/

pimp.gif

51-XFdI7M4L._AA280_.jpg

dk5na9humtptbeuqzt6.jpg

Description
Key Game Features:
  • New Seamless, Living Neighborhood
    • Explore the ever-changing neighborhood-and take your Sims to meet friends in the park, go on a date at the bistro, visit neighbors' homes, converse with less-than-savory characters in the graveyard and more. Who knows what might happen?
    • Admire the natural beauty of the beach, the mountains, and more.
  • New Create a Sim Functionality
    • Create any Sim you can imagine with easy-to-use design tools that allow for unlimited customization of facial features, hair color, eye color, and more.
    • Fine tune your Sims' body shape from thin to curvy to muscular.
  • New Personality Traits
    • Create over a million different personalities with traits such as evil, insane, kleptomaniac, romantic, and more.
    • Influence the behaviors of your Sims with the traits you've chosen. Will you create a neurotic romantic with a heart of gold, or a geeky super-genius with an evil streak?
  • New Unlimited Customization
    • Everyone can customize everything-design and build your dream house and decorate it to fit your Sims' personalities.
    • Customize everything from floors to décor, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades.
  • New Gameplay That's Rewarding and Quick
    • Face short and long-term challenges and reap the rewards.
    • Your Sims can pursue random opportunities to get fast cash, get ahead, get even, and more.
    • Choose whether, or not, to fulfill your Sims' destinies by making their wishes come true. Will your Sims be thieves, rock stars, world leaders? The choice is yours.
  • Get Connected and Share Your Creations with The Sims 3 Online Community
    • Get free bonus content-download Sims, outfits, furnishings, houses and more.
    • Create and Share Sims, houses, movies and more with anyone.
    • Join The Sims 3 community to share ideas with fans of The Sims from around the world.
q1k701nbxkn0lhjrtv.jpg

wink.gif

looks like its gonna be killer, my gf just had to buy a new pc so she could play it...my mac is fine though from what they have listed as the requirements
laugh.gif

They upgraded the White Macbook, so Im anticipating them to announce an upgrade to the unibody ones on June 9th... Hopefully I'll be able to get theupgraded aluminum Macbook with Snow Leopard, Im willing to trade off an iPod for that.

Alongside today's minor update to its white MacBook, Apple announced the launch of its annual Back to School promo for U.S. education customers. This year's program offers rebates of up to $229 on the full line of iPods when purchased with a qualifying new Apple computer, which includes all Macs except the Mac mini.

Both the Mac and iPod must be purchased at the same time on the same receipt, and purchases must be made either directly from Apple or at an Apple Authorized Campus Store. This year's program runs through September 8th, 2009.

This year's promotion had been rumored to extend to the 8 GB iPhone this year, but the claim did not come to fruition.

Apple is currently running a similar promotion in Canada, and typically offers such programs in a number of other countries later in the year.

093747-back_to_school.png

Link
For those of you on the fence...has to be purchased in-store with a student ID, or online at the Education Store (anyone can use the Education Store...noverification needed
wink.gif
) no Da Doc03

092520-macbook_white.png

Apple today quietly bumped the specs on the white MacBook. Changes to the base specs include:

- Processsor speed bumped from 2.0 GHz to 2.13 GHz.
- RAM speed bumped from 667 MHz to 800 MHz.
- Hard drive capacity increased from 120 GB to 160 GB. Build-to-order options up to 500 GB are now available, up from a previous maximum of 320 GB. Notably, the aluminum MacBook and MacBook Pro continue to offer maximum hard drive capacities of 320 GB.

In addition, Apple now advertises battery life of "up to 5 hrs wireless productivity", an increase over the previous advertised battery life of 4.5 hours. Finally, the new MacBook is advertised to meet new Energy Star Version 5.0 requirements and is rated EPEAT Gold, compared to a Silver rating on the previous model.

Base pricing remains at $999.

For the Mac + iPod deal---

Does the rebate come as a check that you can cash at your bank... or is it a store "credit" to be used at Apple?

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

check to your house, you can out in your bank

and it comes in 1 week. holla

Thanks for the response.

I also called them and apparently if you order over the phone, they subtract immediately from your total... I haven't confirmed that yet.

if its juice you may be out of luck since it leaves a sticky residue, if it has seeped its way inside your mac (assuming it a laptop?) then you best bet itstaking it to the apple store see what can be done

in your case if it was just water you might've been ok

Originally Posted by bussinessilicitos

So my mom just spilled juice on my Mac and it won't turn on, what can I do about it?
I just got it in like april.
make her buy you a new 1
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

id be
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Yeah %++% is mad sticky, I was about to flip so I just went downstairs. Worse part is she says its my fault.
Do you think they'll cover water damage.

they're not going to cover water damage as far as i know... most likely they'll just recommend you to buy a new one, unfortunately, but it doesn'thurt to see what they'll really say... im just stating what i've seen done

So guys I'm in need of a new laptop and really interested in a macbook. A couple questions...

First off I don't want to buy a macbook tomorrow and then 1 week from now I see they come out with a new one. So would it be best to wait or are they notcoming out with a new version for a while?

Second besides the apple website where is the cheapest place to buy one and/or get the best deal?

Thanks in advance.

yeah, you can try your luck. but with something like juice, it'll be more noticeable than water damage

Back
Top Bottom