The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by srvballer

So guys I'm in need of a new laptop and really interested in a macbook. A couple questions...

First off I don't want to buy a macbook tomorrow and then 1 week from now I see they come out with a new one. So would it be best to wait or are they not coming out with a new version for a while?

Second besides the apple website where is the cheapest place to buy one and/or get the best deal?

Thanks in advance.

If you are a student, you can use an educational discount and get a rebate for a printer and an iPod. So that is a really good deal.

there will always be new technology around the corner, but for the most part, you might see slight processor bumps, but not a TOTAL redesign. but you shouldway until WWDC is over to get a mac, they'll be introducing snow leopard and who knows what. and try macmall.com cheapest prices i've seen when itcomes to apple products

apple's developer's conference. where they announced the iphone these past 2 years. they don't usually announce hardware but you never know. imhoping for OLED screens and possibly (and a reach) some blu-ray options. mobile internet would be awesome also.

Originally Posted by bussinessilicitos

Don't Mac's already come with LED screens?

When does that conference take place? Will the free touch deal still be in place?

Macbook Pros do.
WWDC is from June 8-12 this year. The Buy a Mac, Get an iPod deal lasts until September 8, 2009. Most likely neew iPods will be released a short time afterthat.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

bussinessilicitos said:

When does that conference take place? Will the free touch deal still be in place?

Macbook Pros do.
WWDC is from June 8-12 this year. The Buy a Mac, Get an iPod deal lasts until September 8, 2009. Most likely neew iPods will be released a short time afterthat.

So do Macbook's... just not the 999.99 one

My Mac is pissing me off tonight... my Doc completely froze and I was unable to open anything

And now my Firefox Icon went back to the OG icon... #*!

that's backlit LED, not OLED. OLED has a sharper picture, consumes less power, is brighter and crazy thin.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

apple doesn't cover accidents

thats true but if you cop from best buy, they do. but the only con is if you have any problems you have to go to best buy...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Macbook Pros do.
WWDC is from June 8-12 this year. The Buy a Mac, Get an iPod deal lasts until September 8, 2009. Most likely neew iPods will be released a short time after that.

So do Macbook's... just not the 999.99 one

My Mac is pissing me off tonight... my Doc completely froze and I was unable to open anything

And now my Firefox Icon went back to the OG icon... #*!
this could be caused because you need to run more RAM on your Mac.

If I let it dry for like a day or two, and take it to the apple store what are the chances they still find out its water damage.

I mean just bring it and and be like there is something wrong with you computer and not tell about the juice incident, and you have a warranty and theydon't see the water marks, you should be good.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

If I let it dry for like a day or two, and take it to the apple store what are the chances they still find out its water damage.

I mean just bring it and and be like there is something wrong with you computer and not tell about the juice incident, and you have a warranty and they don't see the water marks, you should be good.

pimp.gif

[h3]2009 Spring MacUpdate Bundle - 11+ Mac Apps for $49.99[/h3]
Thursday May 28, 2009 01:07 PM EST
Written by arn

sitenews.gif

A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal. Their latest bundle delivers at least 11 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $521.71 value if all purchased separately) including:

- TechTool Pro 5 ($98.00) - comprehensive Mac tool to check the health of your RAM, hard drives, repair problems and optimize performance
- Parallels Desktop 4 ($79.99) - virtualization for the Mac that allows you to run Windows alongside Mac OS X.
- Circus Ponies Notebook 3 ($49.95)- an organizer to take notes with audio annotations, track tasks, collate ideas, clippings, photos
- NetBarrier X5 ($49.95)- firewall and intrusion detection software
- DVDRemaster Pro 5 ($49.99)- backup DVDs, convert DVD movies for use on the iPod, iPhone and AppleTV
- Multiplex ($35.00) - DVD management and playback system
- RipIt ($18.99)- Copy DVDs to your hard drive
- MoneyWell ($49.99) - Finance management software with direct connect banking, envelope budgeting, transaction and cash flow management
- Paperless ($44.95) - manage your receipts and document collections
- Posterino ($24.95)- Use your photos to create posters, postcards, photo frames, greeting cards and more.
- BetterZip ($19.95) - better .zip compression management

Bonus Apps for first 15,000 Buyers

- Jets'n'Guns Gold ($29.95) - save the world in this side scrolling shooter
- CuteClips 3 ($15.00) - clipboard manager

This $49.99 bundle sale lasts for two weeks and does not include any "locked" items. All items are available immediately and even includes the two bonus applications for the first 15,000 bundle purchasers.

MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Yeah the spring MacUpdate would be the GOAT if it came with Candybar would make that the total package.

But for most of that, you would need more RAM on you cpu, because the standard that you have is 2GB is Candybar by its self takes up a lot of space.

Back
Top Bottom