The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Im in Mac distress. I need to "find" a copy of Final Cut Studio 3 for a project that is PAST due. Can anyone help me out? Inbox me please. Thanks.

So, for new mac users. What's first? I got Candy Bar and Adium so far. I've heard about GeekTool, no idea how to use it though.

What's some other stuff I should dl? Suggested apps?

i'm on the same boat new mac book pro user. I'm still transitioning from my windows laptop. Whats the deal with VMware vs parallels??

I'm having a problem with macbook pro, for some reason it won't let me set a picture as my desktop. It's stuck on a plain blue background.
Does anybody know what I can do to get something up as my background?

real life...

what are dope apps?
what are essentials? ( office, photoshop, etc.)
what should i buy in the app store? i have 100 dollars

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by marmourjr

I am afraid to put Lion on my work PC...SMH
e8080bee0c146bdbbc6cbfce469225bc4ea8821f_wmeg_00001.jpg

you can dual boot lion and snow leopard if want too.....google it.

I know, I have it on my MBP....Just don't want to put it on my iMac because after I put Lion on my MBP, I ended up having to replace my HD 3 weeks later.
eyes.gif

Does anyone have experience with a Mac mini?  Is it just like a CPU and you just have to add any monitor to it?

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

Does anyone have experience with a Mac mini?  Is it just a computer and you just have to add any monitor to it?

yep, you'll need a dvi, hdmi, or thunderbolt compatible monitor or you'll need a vga to dvi or hdmi adapter.

I think cons outweigh the pros of Lion. It makes my MB run noticeably slower... sometimes ridiculously slow, and the screen will go white and all my stuff will restart.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

I think cons outweigh the pros of Lion. It makes my MB run noticeably slower... sometimes ridiculously slow, and the screen will go white and all my stuff will restart.
You might want to reinstall Lion on your HD again, then. My 2008 MbPro seems faster, and when it is sleeping and I open it up it seems like it wakes up instantly.  Or it could be my SSD or 8gb of ram

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

You might want to reinstall Lion on your HD again, then. My 2008 MbPro seems faster, and when it is sleeping and I open it up it seems like it wakes up instantly.  Or it could be my SSD or 8gb of ram
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

so happy i never upgraded to lion after reading all these negative reviews

its your SSD. hear nothing but good things about them on macs
pimp.gif
thinking of upgrading to one and getting more ram. had my macbook for 3 years and running pretty much flawless. time for some upgrading but im just worried about transfering files to the new SSD

I copped my MBP 13 inch for $1036 after taxes at Microcenter.

I know there are a few University deals out there. Check out your local state schools. I know one of my friends told me that their school was selling it for around $1100 after tax and it comes with a printer and $100 for the mac app store.

idk if this has been asked in this thread but anyone ever download the "more ichat effects" and is bugged for photobooth and ichat?
my lady friends who have windows laptops always use the photobooth but certain effects dont work or when the picture is taken
the picture color is inverted.

I tried changing the apps from 64bit to 32 bit and it still doesnt work.
Anyone got thiers working or have any suggestions?

roll.gif
this dude

I did some sort of update and it's not functioning as poorly now, but it's still not a smooth as it was when I had Snow Leopard. I have the old unibody MB with the backlit keyboard. Not sure if there is some sort of upgrading I can do to make it run more smoothly.

I did some sort of update and it's not functioning as poorly now, but it's still not a smooth as it was when I had Snow Leopard. I have the old unibody MB with the backlit keyboard. Not sure if there is some sort of upgrading I can do to make it run more smoothly.
how much RAM do you have? i take it  you have the 2.4 ghz model, so your processor is pretty good. I would go up to at least 4gb of RAM with Lion.

I'm tryin to buy a macbook air but I'm tryin to get it for cheaper. Can anyone tell me how important it is to buy apple care? If I buy an air on ebay can I go to an apple store and buy apple care later?

Originally Posted by QuestLife

how much RAM do you have? i take it  you have the 2.4 ghz model, so your processor is pretty good. I would go up to at least 4gb of RAM with Lion.

@Real

I have this same model but 4 GBs and running on snow leopard
MB runs smoove as a babys bottom

Back
Top Bottom