The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Just upgraded from a 2009 MBP 13" to a 2017 MBP w/ touch bar (Specs in pic)

Any app suggestions?
Also, how have y'all transferred apps, etc. to your new laptops?

Fellas, first time in here. Any help would be appreciated.

My 2010 imac is starting to slow down on me...to the point where i turn it on and it just freezes and doesnt load the apps or even if it does, itll take a while for the apps to load. Im wondering if it's the hard drive shutting down on me? I dont have any anti viruses or anything extra

(I havent upgraded nada since i got it btw)

Fellas, first time in here. Any help would be appreciated.

My 2010 imac is starting to slow down on me...to the point where i turn it on and it just freezes and doesnt load the apps or even if it does, itll take a while for the apps to load. Im wondering if it's the hard drive shutting down on me? I dont have any anti viruses or anything extra

(I havent upgraded nada since i got it btw)
sounds like the hard drive. i'd say go take it to your local computer repair store and have them check it out.

dont buy a hard drive yet though. some imacs require the same brand hard drive due to the thermo sensor so make sure you know what brand hdd is in your imac

sounds like the hard drive. i'd say go take it to your local computer repair store and have them check it out.
dont buy a hard drive yet though. some imacs require the same brand hard drive due to the thermo sensor so make sure you know what brand hdd is in your imac

Thats exactly what i was thinking to do but wanted to check in with yall first if anyone knew anything.

Computer repair shop it is.

new MBP is dope I love how when u shutdown and then open the MacBook it boots up again (no power button)

Ok guys I seriously need your help. I have a mid 2009 macbook pro running mavericks. I upgraded to a ssd amnd 8gb of ram. I got adobe premier cc pro version 15 to edit videos but when I try to edit the video is very laggy in the preview area. Can anyone tell me why that may be?

Ok guys I seriously need your help. I have a mid 2009 macbook pro running mavericks. I upgraded to a ssd amnd 8gb of ram. I got adobe premier cc pro version 15 to edit videos but when I try to edit the video is very laggy in the preview area. Can anyone tell me why that may be?
Up your ram to atleast 16GB if you can. Unfortunately thats all you can do in terms of hardware upgrade.

I'm using Windscribe. Copped a lifetime (or at least as long as the company lasts) for 50 I think. Very straight forward, and has an application for every device I use basically.

Just curious what speeds you get on express vs your regular speeds? No issues thus far, but yea mainly use it for firewall, downloading and streaming.

Its straight forward. I got the 59.99 for the year. You can install it to multiple computers and phones i believe. I only use when im downloading and streaming movies.

Maybe its just time for me to call it quits on this 2009 macbook pro. I cant upgrade to yosemite, el captian, or mac os sierra. Just don't know if I want to get a 2016 model because I cant upgrade but a 2012 that I can upgrade seems like in a few years itll be just like my 2009 one. Plus the price of a 2012 is still 600-800 a few more hundred I'll have a 2016. Idk, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe its just time for me to call it quits on this 2009 macbook pro. I cant upgrade to yosemite, el captian, or mac os sierra. Just don't know if I want to get a 2016 model because I cant upgrade but a 2012 that I can upgrade seems like in a few years itll be just like my 2009 one. Plus the price of a 2012 is still 600-800 a few more hundred I'll have a 2016. Idk, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Look into the 2015 models. Those are going for a good price and still capable of running the latest OS.

And if you do decide to get the 2016/2017 models. Go in store and see if the non-touchbar/touchbar is the best option for usages.

I have the 13-inch non-touchbar and it's perfect for my needs.

Look into the 2015 models. Those are going for a good price and still capable of running the latest OS.

And if you do decide to get the 2016/2017 models. Go in store and see if the non-touchbar/touchbar is the best option for usages.

I have the 13-inch non-touchbar and it's perfect for my needs.
Is best buy the best places to purchase the 2015 model at a good price?

Is best buy the best places to purchase the 2015 model at a good price?
Best Buy, because they may have some special deals or financing options.

Apple.com too. They may have some refurbished models with some top specs for a great price.

I have windscribe, because they had a deal going on through engadget for a lifetime sub. I didnt want to do monthly, since I wont use it much. I do need it when I travel for work , which is often.

I just want to see what kind of speeds people were getting. So far, it seems ok.
which one did you get

I have to keep and open eye for some deals on a VPN. I, too, would prefer to pay a one-time price, rather than a monthly fee.

Just looked that up and goooootttt dang thats expensive lol
A lot cheaper than the model with the touchbar lol.

At the time, I was highly considering the 2015 model with the maxed specs...Which equaled to the same amount to the 13-inch 2016 model. Went with the new model because I liked the Space Gray color lol

If you can find a 2014/2015 with max specs for a good deal, I'd recommend it. I don't think you'd need to purchase a brand new machine unless you really need to. Try to find some deals to save you some money.

I have windscribe, because they had a deal going on through engadget for a lifetime sub. I didnt want to do monthly, since I wont use it much. I do need it when I travel for work , which is often.

I just want to see what kind of speeds people were getting. So far, it seems ok.

Nice. I have the free version just sucks I have 10 gig limit per month. I like it though and should of bought the lifetime one you got. Sounds like a good deal

Back
Top Bottom