The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Driftracer

^ sign up for a different Credit Card or save and sell some kicks here...

Anyone here use apple credit and was approved? is it worth it if you can pay it off in 6 months?

btw, unofficial new iphone pics are up
LOL. I got approved for $500 on a saturday night. I said eff this I cant buy what I want with 500. So I went home and called it a night. On monday morning, I called the credit card company and I asked to get a bigger loan. The lady checked my credit and said "You have perfect credit, and your limit is now $2,500. 
eek.gif
 was my reaction. I had to wait like 10 days to get my credit card and now I have a brand new MBP. I have one year to pay it off or else the intrest will kick in. All my money is going torwards this mac now. IM happy.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by djaward

If you want to customize a skin for your mac hit up this site.
styleflip.com
You can download your own pics and put em on. 15 bucks plus shipping. If you have another site I can use please send the link.

I just bought a new 15 MBP. Im loving it so far..

i5 or i7?
   i5. IS that bad? I think I did a pretty good job choosing my first MAC.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Anybody know of a program that will let me send audio (all sound not just itunes) to my airport express??

i purchased slingbox and i have the cables to hook my macbook up to my TV now all i need is sound and i would rather go wireless,,,

if you have an Airport Express, you can use a built in utility called Airtunes. Or, try Airfoil.
can airtunes play all sound or just itunes? i want to be able to play moves on the net with my surround sound

For some reason I can't open up iPhoto anymore. When I click on the icon there's a "?" and I have no idea why that's happening. Anyone else having this problem or know what I can do to fix it?

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Originally Posted by Driftracer

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I got denied through the credit with Apple.

Is there anything else I can do, besides saving up? 
eyes.gif

Try Sweetwater.com.  They allow you to make 3 payments on the Macbook. 
have you or anyone used this before?

nerd.gif
Google some reviews on the company.  I tried it, but I ended up gettin a 15" MBP from a cat for $800 so it wasn't needed.  Their CS is top notch though.  They definitely go the extra mile. 

Anybody know of a program that will let me send audio (all sound not just itunes) to my airport express??

i purchased slingbox and i have the cables to hook my macbook up to my TV now all i need is sound and i would rather go wireless,,,

if you have an Airport Express, you can use a built in utility called Airtunes. Or, try Airfoil.
can airtunes play all sound or just itunes? i want to be able to play moves on the net with my surround sound

if you have an xbox360, you can stream movies/music to it using Connect360. There's a PS3 equivalent called MediaLink too.

My 1st gen macbook took a
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
on me yesterday. I was using it just fine, then i grabbed for it and the screen shuts off like it went to sleep. I couldn't wake it up, so i turned it off and back on again. everything was normal, then i grabed for it again and it does the same thing. Now it wont boot out of this weird state it's in. The screen flickers when you turn it on and the optical drive powers up, but it stays black. No chime though, and the sleep indicator stays lit. I think the logic board failed, but i can't even find my tools to open up the insides. I'm not even working and i don't have money to pay for a new one either
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif

if you have an xbox360, you can stream movies/music to it using Connect360. There's a PS3 equivalent called MediaLink too.

I'd recommend an app called Rivet.  I've had a lot more success with it than with Connect 360.

My 1st gen macbook took a
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
on me yesterday. I was using it just fine, then i grabbed for it and the screen shuts off like it went to sleep. I couldn't wake it up, so i turned it off and back on again. everything was normal, then i grabed for it again and it does the same thing. Now it wont boot out of this weird state it's in. The screen flickers when you turn it on and the optical drive powers up, but it stays black. No chime though, and the sleep indicator stays lit. I think the logic board failed, but i can't even find my tools to open up the insides. I'm not even working and i don't have money to pay for a new one either
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif

I had the same problem with mine. It's the logic board homie. I'm really sorry to say that.

I was price checking them for a 2006 macbook (white kind) and they ran for like $4-600 dollars.

Do you still have insurance? I'm guessing you don't...my only option was to sell my damaged macbook (i got $300 for Parts & Repair)
and buy another one.

Do you guys use anything to protect your computer from Trojans or malware or anything like that?

I know there aren't many viruses for the macs as compared to windows but I figure some protection is always good.

what's the best music tagger? i download Jaikoz Music Tagger but i didn't like it...i want my itunes organized i'm just to lazy to do it manually

I've been trying to clear space on my hard drive because it's full? Is deleting files enough? Any how would I go about getting more RAM?

Thanks guys, I have a Macbook BTW

Originally Posted by basketball749

Do you guys use anything to protect your computer from Trojans or malware or anything like that?

I know there aren't many viruses for the macs as compared to windows but I figure some protection is always good.

What's a Trojan? What's a virus?

Anyone have any problems with their Airport Extreme/Express when it comes to using it for other Macs/PC's/Video Game Consoles?

Originally Posted by quik1987

I knew I would get at least one smart !@# answer. It's just a question of being safe incase something happens.

I knew I would get at least one smart %%+ answer. It's just a question of being safe incase something happens.

It was a joke, I think there's norton antivirus for mac

though, i've had my laptop for 4 years now and haven't run into a problem.

I knew I would get at least one smart %%+ answer. It's just a question of being safe incase something happens.

It was a joke, I think there's norton antivirus for mac

though, i've had my laptop for 4 years now and haven't run into a problem.
'Preciate it. I didn't mean to come of mad in my last post, forgot to add an 'lol'.

I know most people probably haven't had a problem but I was just curious.

Back
Top Bottom