The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

help me please, which book do u recommend for studying Air Force asvab?! I'm going to retake soon and I heard it's tough

which job is most marketable?! I'm aiming for an engineering job... nurse, Admin, then supply. I want to come out 4 years later with a degree which will be hard. please pm with advice!!!

Just download the asvap app and practice on it.

EcruteakCityBoy I didn't forget about you. Just thought that you may have looked up ROTC by now. Not sure if you have college credit but you really only need your last two years of college MS3 and MS4. This is when you go off to get your commission during the summer before your senior year. The program is just extremely easy at the end of the day. Just post questions that you have because I feel I will just post tons of information you already know.

Last edited:
Hope this doesn't come off as a dumb question, but is there a rule of thumb, in terms of checking with your recruiter to see how things are coming along in the process of enlisting?

Unsure of what the timetable for getting your initial papers processed usually is, && while I don't wanna be a pest, I'm really tryna get this ball rolling.

Just download the asvap app and practice on it.

EcruteakCityBoy I didn't forget about you. Just thought that you may have looked up ROTC by now. Not sure if you have college credit but you really only need your last two years of college MS3 and MS4. This is when you go off to get your commission during the summer before your senior year. The program is just extremely easy at the end of the day. Just post questions that you have because I feel I will just post tons of information you already know.

I'm technically still a sophomre and my gpa isn't the greatest. I feel like going in enlisted and maybe becoming an officer later would be the best option for me.

I'm technically still a sophomre and my gpa isn't the greatest. I feel like going in enlisted and maybe becoming an officer later would be the best option for me.
Any way should work fine, just make sure that end goal is to become an officer IMO

Last edited:
Hope this doesn't come off as a dumb question, but is there a rule of thumb, in terms of checking with your recruiter to see how things are coming along in the process of enlisting?

Unsure of what the timetable for getting your initial papers processed usually is, && while I don't wanna be a pest, I'm really tryna get this ball rolling.

Nope. Press the crap out of him but you probably won't get green light until October when new fiscal year starts

I go through these periods where I want to join the military then I don't .
I rather join the Marines but I don't want to get stuck doing something I don't like.
i dont know much about it but check out the Platoon Leadership Class if you are interested in being MC officer AND still in college...

"The Platoon Leaders Class (PLC) is just one of the paths that can lead to commissioning as an officer in the Marine Corps. For college freshman, sophomores and juniors, PLC normally consists of two, six-week training sessions taken between consecutive school years, while juniors attend one, ten-week summer training session. Young men and women attending any accredited four-year college or university are eligible for this class."

https://www.marines.com/becoming-a-...rams/four-year-colleges/platoon-leaders-class

Last edited:
help me please, which book do u recommend for studying Air Force asvab?! I'm going to retake soon and I heard it's tough

which job is most marketable?! I'm aiming for an engineering job... nurse, Admin, then supply. I want to come out 4 years later with a degree which will be hard. please pm with advice!!!

bruh
you're thinking in the right direction but making it too difficult

look at current and future job market in the civilian world
then find an equivalent in the military, not in reverse

for example
off top of my head 2 of the best career bets is IT Security and Medical

a career in either of those fields in the military and you'd be set coming out

engineering is always good
nurse too

admin and supply?
while these jobs are abundant, they dont pay well
i call admin and supply jobs dead end jobs

my scored aren't good enough :frown:... I don't wanna retake and do worse either. I really want to do nursing though.

admin supply might be dead end but I can get college done while I'm in. which is a goal I want to achieve. also coming out I can probably get a salary receptionist job because of managing the admin job

Last edited:
my scored aren't good enough :frown:... I don't wanna retake and do worse either. I really want to do nursing though.

admin supply might be dead end but I can get college done while I'm in. which is a goal I want to achieve. also coming out I can probably get a salary receptionist job because of managing the admin job

hey
thats fine to.
its moreso about making calculated career choices and having a plan

you have a plan
a plan that considers life after the military, which is more than most

just keep in mind
getting your 4 year degree within your first enlistment will be extremely difficult
its do-able but with many things working in your favor

good luck with whatever path you choose

I'm scared of re taking the asvab man smh....thanks though. i really jus want a degree, good credit, money saved up..gains. of course having a mechanic job would be awesome

So how does Open Contract work?
I don't want to be tricked into signing an Open Contract in the Marines.. I feel like it would be so easy for them to slip me a paper that has open contract written all over it.

I'm heading to the office tomorrow to talk to them.. I don't have an appointment tho.

So how does Open Contract work?
I don't want to be tricked into signing an Open Contract in the Marines.. I feel like it would be so easy for them to slip me a paper that has open contract written all over it.

I'm heading to the office tomorrow to talk to them.. I don't have an appointment tho.
I never heard of that but if you have a good recruiter then you shouldn't have to worry about much. Just make sure whatever options you want are in your contact and the amount of years you want to enlist for.

Went up to the recruiting station Friday morning. Nobody was there. Decided to call them later and told me that i could come in Tuesday. So now I'm too excited and want to join already. I just hope the job I want is available for me .

How long does it take to ship to Marines boot camp?

Going to MEPS Wednesday and Thursday. A littler nervous and I'm not sure why.
Anybody know of a good asvab study guide I can get or if there's any good ones on the internet ?

i did 5 years in got kicked out for
nthat.gif
 had 7 positive UA's got kicked out with a General discharge applied for an upgrade 4 years later and got an Fully honorable. All my UA's were illegal (Go figure) so if any yall in the same boat wait a couple years get a job and stay out of trouble and apply to get your discharge changed.

You should checkout civilian jobs that are = to admin supply. I know some of those dudes make bank. Its all about how you word the resume ... From account receivables to procurement to CC holder Fiscal to Logistics. There's a big civilian market.

Don't get down on yourself and look at the bright side ...

Back
Top Bottom