The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

NT Military fam, any of y'all got any insight about joining the (Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, etc.) reserves? I've always been interested in joining the military, but due to career, I can't exactly go active at the moment. 

Finally off sea duty! Spent the last 32 months onboard USS JOHN C STENNIS. I left the ship on deployment afew days ago. Looking forward to 3 years of shore duty in California.:smokin:smokin:smokin I'm a Supply Corps Officer who commissioned through OCS in 2013 so if any of you guys have any questions about OCS packages or being a Supply Corps Officer please feel free to ask.

Finally off sea duty! Spent the last 32 months onboard USS JOHN C STENNIS. I left the ship on deployment afew days ago. Looking forward to 3 years of shore duty in California.:smokin:smokin:smokin I'm a Supply Corps Officer who commissioned through OCS in 2013 so if any of you guys have any questions about OCS packages or being a Supply Corps Officer please feel free to ask.

SALUTE FAM [emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Anyone here done/doing any duty onboard a LCS? Up for orders and trying to see what that life is like. Plus that seems like the only for sure way to get back to Mayport!

The Navy is skrong in this thread. Hardly see any posts from Marines and soldiers.

I'm in hot Okinawa. The humidity is off the charts.

Just read it. That's dope!! Also Rare. Ive seen 7 yrs not 5.5. Hell im about to hit 15 hoping I pick it up this round. lol Sent my package off last night. Fingers Crossed.

I see a few ppl have been questioning his leadership abilities and how will he do as a "junior" CPO. But a lot of ppl have been commenting that served with him and says he bust his a** for his ppl and there's no doubt he'll continue to do the same as a CPO.

Yeah People has to understand he still has a lot to learn. He only been in for 6 yrs if he keep grinding it will get better for him.

As a Jar Head, I can respect his grind and personal pursuit for promotion. But that is ridiculous. I'd scratch my head at a Gunnery Sergeant at 5.5 years. I can't speak for the Army with SFC, Air Force with Master Sergeant but there is definitely a lack of technical proficiency and leadership experience that can be obtained in that short a time. Again, I congratulate him and others who take advantage of that "system" in the Navy.

I saw an article that says the average is 13 years which sounds more realistic and sound but again these are the musings of an outsider.

Last edited:
As a Jar Head, I can respect his grind and personal pursuit for promotion. But that is ridiculous. I'd scratch my head at a Gunnery Sergeant at 5.5 years. I can't speak for the Army with SFC, Air Force with Master Sergeant but there is definitely a lack of technical proficiency and leadership experience that can be obtained in that short a time. Again, I congratulate him and others who take advantage of that "system" in the Navy.

I saw an article that says the average is 13 years which sounds more realistic and sound but again these are the musings of an outsider.
That's something I've long awaited is for the Navy to get in line with the other branches in regards to doing promotion boards and deep six these exams.

That's something I've long awaited is for the Navy to get in line with the other branches in regards to doing promotion boards and deep six these exams.

Don't they kind of do it for Chief and up?

And from talking to folks when I was in Tampa, the Air Force got a much needed over haul last year.

I respect the tests from a perspective of showing technical perspective but I've never seen the test. Is it something you can brain dump?

We (the Corps) just mirrored the Army's approach to E4/E5 and do local promotion boards.

But honestly there isn't a perfect system. But E7 in 5.5 is ridiculous. But the guy in the article was a little older and coming from a law enforcement background.

Don't they kind of do it for Chief and up?

And from talking to folks when I was in Tampa, the Air Force got a much needed over haul last year.

I respect the tests from a perspective of showing technical perspective but I've never seen the test. Is it something you can brain dump?

We (the Corps) just mirrored the Army's approach to E4/E5 and do local promotion boards.

But honestly there isn't a perfect system. But E7 in 5.5 is ridiculous. But the guy in the article was a little older and coming from a law enforcement background.
For Chief you still have to take the exam to become board eligible. Once eligible you submit a package to the board providing enough documentation basically of why you should be selected for E-7. Evaluations, qualifications, awards, Sailorization, etc. should all be provided to the selection board. Sucks because it's all electronic and none of these systems the Navy has is in sync with one another, lol! But once you make Chief...no more exams, lol.

Last edited:
For you cats that are in Bahrain, or have been stationed, where do Brothers go to get haircuts. I'm going in July and this is info that is important as I will be there for about 9-10 months

Last edited:
For you cats that are in Bahrain, or have been stationed, where do Brothers go to get haircuts. I'm going in July and this is info that is important as I will be there for about 9-10 months

Oceans/Pearls both are good I think I went to oceans when I was there. im trying to get back over there next year when I leave here.

The results should be out within a week or so, and I'm so damn nervous, I don't know what else I'd have to do. I had a really good year and I really hope to put on Chief.

Last edited:
working on my warrant officer packet..... still in the early stages waiting on my security clearance and other tedious things 

been in 10 years....currently a E-6 

MOS 92A30

Reactions: 17
Back
Top Bottom