The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Less than a month after the highly publicized release of Mortal Kombat, a game rebirthing the Mortal Kombat series, Netherrealm Studios has released information regarding a new port of several classic games. Three games have been announced for this collection, which will feature online play, leaderboards and achievements. The port is promised to be arcade-perfect and is brought to you by Other Ocean Interactive, the same company responsible for porting 2007's Ultimate Mortal Kombat.

Below is the official press release:
Burbank, Calif. – May 12, 2011 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Network, Xbox LIVE[emoji]174[/emoji] Arcade for the Xbox 360[emoji]174[/emoji] video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC. For the first time ever, the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together into a single collection which will be available for download in late summer 2011.

“We are very excited to finally have the first three Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play,â€

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

The only person I use is Noob.
laugh.gif

They just announced MK arcade collection. It's 1, 2, and 3 for ten bucks. Wish they just released MK trilogy.....
What they should have done was release an HD version of the first 3 mortal kombats.
ohwell.gif
Sort of like the SSF2 HD Remix version.

laugh.gif

They just announced MK arcade collection. It's 1, 2, and 3 for ten bucks. Wish they just released MK trilogy.....
What they should have done was release an HD version of the first 3 mortal kombats.
ohwell.gif
Sort of like the SSF2 HD Remix version.

Originally Posted by peanut214

Originally Posted by xtianp

I was just chuckling to myself the whole time watching some of those videos...

2 things i noticed/realized.

1. As much as I wanted to main Noob I just can't see it. Competitively he just doesn't have the moveset to make it imo.

2. All those guys look mad uncomfortable/nerdy. Don't get me wrong, I'm mad nerdy as well but it seemed like a few of those guys haven't left the house since MK dropped.
laugh.gif

...... Yea noob saibot isnt really all that great but he is really cheap though.
mad.gif

he's not really that cheap, but i guess since he doesnt really have a whole lot of chains, they kinda had to, to make him competitive... but i'd love to see that shadow punch, normal punch/low kick combo used more... he has some good moves, but are hard to make a combo of it

Originally Posted by xtianp

I was just chuckling to myself the whole time watching some of those videos...

2 things i noticed/realized.

1. As much as I wanted to main Noob I just can't see it. Competitively he just doesn't have the moveset to make it imo.

2. All those guys look mad uncomfortable/nerdy. Don't get me wrong, I'm mad nerdy as well but it seemed like a few of those guys haven't left the house since MK dropped.
laugh.gif

...... Yea noob saibot isnt really all that great but he is really cheap though.
mad.gif

he's not really that cheap, but i guess since he doesnt really have a whole lot of chains, they kinda had to, to make him competitive... but i'd love to see that shadow punch, normal punch/low kick combo used more... he has some good moves, but are hard to make a combo of it

Less than a month after the highly publicized release of Mortal Kombat, a game rebirthing the Mortal Kombat series, Netherrealm Studios has released information regarding a new port of several classic games. Three games have been announced for this collection, which will feature online play, leaderboards and achievements. The port is promised to be arcade-perfect and is brought to you by Other Ocean Interactive, the same company responsible for porting 2007's Ultimate Mortal Kombat.

Burbank, Calif. – May 12, 2011 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Network, Xbox LIVE[emoji]174[/emoji] Arcade for the Xbox 360[emoji]174[/emoji] video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC. For the first time ever, the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together into a single collection which will be available for download in late summer 2011.

“We are very excited to finally have the first three Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play,â€

01. Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360)**
Warner Bros. Interactive - 1+ Million With
Special Editions (Higher Debut Than Both
Street Fighter IV and MvC 3)

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

Don't like going back so many pages to visit threads I frequent...

Who's got a list of the top mains? Just from watching vids imma guess...

Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kung Lao
Ermac
Kitana

Don't like going back so many pages to visit threads I frequent...

Who's got a list of the top mains? Just from watching vids imma guess...

Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kung Lao
Ermac
Kitana

laugh.gif

Finaly..

laugh.gif

Finaly..

laugh.gif

I already have mk 2...just want 1 and 3

laugh.gif

I already have mk 2...just want 1 and 3

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!
pimp.gif

Can I get a link?