The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 2007 Cavs didnt even face a team that was over .500 till the ECF. The Pistons were the only legitimate competition in the Eastern Conference

thats fine and dandy. But just insert Kobe onto that roster and tell me they make the finals with a straight face.

Do it. Come up with the starting 5 with Kobe instead of Lebron.

Lebron makes scrubs good. Kobe keeps scrubs, scrubs.

Mo Williams was an all star because of Lebron!! Think about that. Let it marinate

I enjoy Klay Thompson and his sore loser behavior. The notion that everyone should lose gracefully needs to die, losing isn't fun, let that man brood.

thats fine and dandy. But just insert Kobe onto that roster and tell me they make the finals with a straight face.

Mo Williams was an all star because of Lebron!! Think about that. Let it marinate

He'd do it there.

Kobe wouldn't take that 07 cavs squads to the finals. lol

can anyone really say that kobe elevates his teammates game like bron?

Phil said it himself that kobe can't.. but then again his opinion isn't the only one that matters. 
See this is where the hyperbole and hypotheticals start to irritate me.
you can act oblivious if you want.

but history knows those mid 2000's lakers teams and how mediocre/bad they were. When they didn't have key contributors and all stars  

somewhat similar to those cavs teams, but lebron made it work in a way.

Last edited:
I enjoy Klay Thompson and his sore loser behavior. The notion that everyone should lose gracefully needs to die, losing isn't fun, let that man brood.

I sort of agree. I've been guilty of saying my team was better than another even though my team lost (i.e. USC vs Texas led VY).

Sometimes the better team doesn't win.

But its better to keep your mouth shut and take your medicine.

As long as he can handle all the shots/memes/jokes coming his way, do your thing Klay

I just wish Klay would've shown a little hubris. He talked the talk, the Cavs walked the walk. Fair and simple, eat your humble pie, give credit where it is due, shake hands and shut the **** up. The Cavs won, how are you still talking ****?

Last edited:

Its very possible the Cavs wouldve made the Finals with 2007 Kobe. They had an extremely easy path to the ECF. If you dont think Kobe wouldve had scoring outbursts like Lebron did vs the Pistims youre underestimating Kobe.

:rofl: :rofl:

He right though, they are the best regular season team in the world.

I'm gonna come off like a homer but I still think the Warriors are a better team which may be why I'm even more impressed/shocked with what Bron, kyrie and the Cavs did.

but history knows those mid 2000's lakers teams and how mediocre/bad they were. When they didn't have key contributors and all stars  

Look at that 2004-2005 Kobe team that won 34-35 games vs. the 2006-2007 Cavs team that went to the finals.

Was that Cavs roster that much better?

Its very possible the Cavs wouldve made the Finals with 2007 Kobe. They had an extremely easy path to the ECF. If you dont think Kobe wouldve had scoring outbursts like Lebron did vs the Pistims youre underestimating Kobe.

Stop it. This the same dude that couldn't even close out the no defense playing Suns when they was up 3-1

Klay stays being Beta. You had a chance to go out there and win in game 7 but the beta brothers cost the squad.

Let's see
2005: Cavs-42-40 no playoffs Lakers- 34-48 no playoffs

2006: Cavs- 50-32 conf semis
Lakers- 45-37 1st rd

2007: Cavs- 50-32 finals
Lakers- 42-40 1st rd

So both had pretty scrub laden squads at the time, but outside of 2007 and given the relative imbalance of the conferences the win totals and results are pretty similar sans the 2007 run.

So scoring is EVERYTHING, right? Who cares if he can't make Larry Hughes, Ilgauskas, Drew Gooden, or Varajao better, right? But Kobe got his 40 per night.

Lebron and Sid Crosby elevating semi scrubs to all stars :pimp:

Both getting parades this year :pimp:

Both have a squeaky clean record off the court/ice :pimp:

I can't with these Kobe/Lebron hypotheticals. :lol: They have different games but both are great at it. Can't we just appreciate their greatness without discrediting either?

I just wish Klay would've shown a little hubris. He talked the talk, the Cavs walked the walk. Fair and simple, eat your humble pie, give credit where it is due, shake hands and shut the **** up. The Cavs won, how are you still talking ****?
Yeah not shaking hands and giving props is unacceptable. You show respect, THEN you complain.

Last edited:
Stop it. This the same dude that couldn't even close out the no defense playing Suns when they was up 3-1
Kobe scored 50 game 6 AND put up the Lakers up 3 with under 30 seconds left. How is it his fault his damn team couldnt secure a rebound and KWAME BROWN couldnt keep his feet on the ground against a Tim Thomas 3? Dude tried his hardest to pass game 7  and get his teammates involved that game seven but they couldnt hit a damn shot, but of course the narrative is that he gave up on his team.

I swear, you dont even watch the damn games, just look at the box score and ride along with the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom