The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did the 3-peat Lakers beat though? A.I., Dikembe, aaand...? Reggie who's second best player was Jalen Rose? This GSW team is waaay better. Plus Kobe had SHAQ. A top 10 all-time talent.

For the people giving Kyrie the credit for drilling that 3 in Steph's grill. What about the shots that D Fish and Horry made?

Art is something that's still an on paper, wall, books, etc. I don't have to be in 1500's to realize art is beautiful.

I just can't truly say Bill Russell is a top 5 player without seeing anything more than a few highlights. I can say top 50 because its not nearly as specific.

I might have watched 10 minutes of Bill Russell or Wilt highlights in my lifetime. What the hell do i really know?

Art, music, you don't have to be from that era to give a true opinion about it. Sports, I do think you need to watch more than a few highlights to have an educated opinion.

My opinion. Its why i rarely venture into sports threads. At 41, I just feel stupid arguing with a 20 year about the 80's and 90's era of basketball. How can i argue with someone about Magic/Bird/Malone when they were still in the nut sack? Because they watched NBA TV?
agree completely. thats real right there .

sorry but i cant talk about 80s basketball. kareem , magic , bird etc. i didnt get to see them play. 

Last edited:
Imo, those are just some of the reasons to why he's better.

He proved that when he's faced with the probably the second biggest adversity in nba basketball (being down 3-0 with no home court would be the only thing that trumps this adversity, imo), he didn't fold but instead went God mode and straight up did literally everything on the basketball court a player can do. Kobe never did it.

Lebron was better before that though. He didn't need yesterday to solidify it, really. It was already there

Lebron was better before that though. He didn't need yesterday to solidify it, really. It was already there

Clearly he wasn't for everyone. Y'all got to stop using your opinions as facts. In the end it's all subjective.

The turning point to me was when the Warriors were up by 8 points and they leave Varejao in the game and kept forcing the ball to him and the Cavs would either deny the ball or block him or he would miss. Then their lead dwindled and it was never the same after that. Steve Kerr got out foxed. Then Harrison Barnes :smh: im not even going to work up my blood pressure.. Next year i hope the Lakers or Warriors bring a title back to Cali.

2012 Bron for me. Won mvp,his first ring,finals mvp and a gold medal in the span of a few months :smokin

Miami Bron was insane, he was crazy efficient in Spo's system. Dude is just a physical specimen. Seriously if Bron was a knock down shooter, he would challenge MJ on rings earned easily. When he's not stopping the ball, he really controls the entire game on both ends

I don't think GS is done. They obviously won't be 73-9, but their core is legit. They better lock up Shawn though. They can upgrade from Barnes. He's not that good. They need a more durable big and a back up big. Festus didn't show up at all. If the dubs mix up driving the paint, and shooting threes, their offense will be more balanced.

Now if only my rockets can trade harden for klay [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Who did the 3-peat Lakers beat though? A.I., Dikembe, aaand...? Reggie who's second best player was Jalen Rose? This GSW team is waaay better. Plus Kobe had SHAQ. A top 10 all-time talent.

For the people giving Kyrie the credit for drilling that 3 in Steph's grill. What about the shots that D Fish and Horry made?

But how is this Kobe or Shaq's fault though? They were presented with the teams to beat, and beat them.

It doesn't matter who they beat and how poor those teams were. They 3 peated. Pretty safe to say they would have been a lot of good teams.

You just can;t say someone is better because of the teams they beat. You can say more impressive, sure, but better? No. Pretty sure the Lakers would have an easier time with the teams that faced the Cavs this playoffs. Are you willing to say the Lakers wouldn't have beaten the Warriors had they played?

I doubt it.

The turning point to me was when the Warriors were up by 8 points and they leave Varejao in the game and kept forcing the ball to him and the Cavs would either deny the ball or block him or he would miss. Then their lead dwindled and it was never the same after that. Steve Kerr got out foxed. Then Harrison Barnes :smh: im not even going to work up my blood pressure.. Next year i hope the Lakers or Warriors bring a title back to Cali.

Varajao looked like a scorned ex-girlfriend. He wanted to win SO BAD. :lol:

His reaction when Bron gave him a shoulder shrug. :rofl:

Naw exactly that's why my original post was "there's still" as in even after yesterday I'm shocked there's even any dudes still thinking that cause even before yesterday he was better. However the fact that he did what he did yesterday and people still think Kobe is better is comical.

LeBron surpassed Kobe a while ago IMO.

Miami Bron is probably the best player I've ever seen in live action.

2013 Lebron is still the best two way player in modern history.

Yup, it's that and '91 Jordan.

LeBron can't do it every night for a full season anymore, but he showed in this postseason that he can still get to that level when he needs to. At times in this series, he was as good as (or better than) he's ever been. But prime LeBron starting in '08-'09 was as good as anyone who's ever played. A lot of people missed out because of pettiness, but that's what it was.

Last edited:
Clearly he wasn't for everyone. Y'all got to stop using your opinions as facts. In the end it's all subjective.

Clearly. But pretty safe to say people are just giving their opinions and to saying its a fact

Do we need to follow every opinion with "In my opinion" or "Fact" to avoid confusion??

Put Lebron on 3 peat Kobe teams and put Kobe on those Cavs teams.

What would your opinion be?
What kind of bs comparison is that. He didnt say Cavs Bron, He said Miami Lebron.

Id love to see how Bron would fare when his preferred play is driving when Shaq clogs up the entire paint

Naw exactly that's why my original post was "there's still" as in even after yesterday I'm shocked there's even any dudes still thinking that cause even before yesterday he was better. However the fact that he did what he did yesterday and people still think Kobe is better is comical.

its their opinion. We all have different opinions. There are some who like small cakes and some like big cakes. Nobody is incorrect. I hate cotton candy and slow walks on the beach, but i don't discredit those who do.

This changed the game then putting Barnes back in there then the finishing touch by Kerr was putting Ezeli back in there with 5 minutes to go and him fouling Bron on that 3 then getting switched on him and letting him hit a 3 then getting switched on Kyrie and literally not even going for a damn block on a layup by a player you're a foot taller than and the ball is right in front of you. Ezeli and Barnes straight up blew theeeeee **** out of that game and most of the series for them.

Varajao looked like a scorned ex-girlfriend. He wanted to win SO BAD. :lol:

His reaction when Bron gave him a shoulder shrug. :rofl:

Yeah mane... That why im kinda like the NBA is fixed..

How in the world do you keep shooting threes when Lebron is just frieght training to the basket? Why wasnt Iggy, Green, and Barnes driving to the rim?!?

Why wasnt Curry finding his mid range shots?

Why were all these fools wearing WWF t-shirts...

I swear the NBA has writers like wrestling..

NBA is the new WWE..

Rigged..

But how is this Kobe or Shaq's fault though? They were presented with the teams to beat, and beat them.

It doesn't matter who they beat and how poor those teams were. They 3 peated. Pretty safe to say they would have been a lot of good teams.

You just can;t say someone is better because of the teams they beat. You can say more impressive, sure, but better? No. Pretty sure the Lakers would have an easier time with the teams that faced the Cavs this playoffs. Are you willing to say the Lakers wouldn't have beaten the Warriors had they played?

I doubt it.
The WCF were the real rinals 2000-2002 tbh, except in 2001. Lakers annihilated everyone.

its their opinion. We all have different opinions. There are some who like small cakes and some like big cakes. Nobody is incorrect. I hate cotton candy and slow walks on the beach, but i don't discredit those who do.

That's different though. Those are preferences whereas when you look at the accomplishments between both players it's hard to not be shocked when someone's opinion is off the wall.

What kind of bs comparison is that. He didnt say Cavs Bron, He said Miami Lebron.

Id love to see how Bron would fare when his preferred play is driving when Shaq clogs up the entire paint

I was trying to go with the "weaker" Lebron as an argument.

Bron would have done just fine with Shaq. Still would have 3peated. We know the Cavs outcome had they had Kobe during Cavs part 1 days.

Yeah mane... That why im kinda like the NBA is fixed..

How in the world do you keep shooting threes when Lebron is just frieght training to the basket? Why wasnt Iggy, Green, and Barnes driving to the rim?!?

Why wasnt Curry finding his mid range shots?

Why were all these fools wearing WWF t-shirts...

I swear the NBA has writers like wrestling..

NBA is the new WWE..

Rigged..

says the GSW fan. I can't believe you went there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom