The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | Brazil vs Germany at 3

OK but you're talking about the merits of injury prevention and everyone is just going "what about my $300". That's not the same thing to me.
NBA sells tickets on the backs of who's playing. Players don't play because of load management. Load management doesn't work. Players should be playing

Do you guys not want players to rest at all or just not to rest on the days you’re at the game?

The better solution would be to adjust the schedule. Stop giving teams so many back to backs and 3-in-4 stretches. Or at least make it equal for every team.
And then they put them on national TV. It’s insane to me.

The Warriors had TWO road games in New Orleans in the same month. Both of them were on TV, both on the 2nd night of a b2b for the Warriors.

Steph sits out both :lol:

The scheduling is just nonsensical sometimes.

Here are the average amount of back to backs per team:

2014: 19.3
2015: 17.8
2016: 17
2017: 16.3
2018: 14.4
2019: 13.3
2020: 12.4
2021: 14
2022: 13.5
2023: 13.3

Players today either don’t want to play or there are other factors. Back to backs can’t be a huge factor.

Here are the average amount of back to backs per team:

2014: 19.3
2015: 17.8
2016: 17
2017: 16.3
2018: 14.4
2019: 13.3
2020: 12.4
2021: 14
2022: 13.5
2023: 13.3

Players today either don’t want to play or there are other factors. Back to backs can’t be a huge factor.

I think you have to do it by teams. Some teams have much more than others, and those players rest more than others as a result.

just have an 82 week season. problem solved.
this

but tbh it sucks when u buy tickets in advance and u go to the game and that bum decides hes too good to play.
i think the games they rest should be predetermined before the season like lets say steph says im not playing any b2b and then the ticket prices will reflect such

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
If I paid tickets to a Nets game, I’d be excited to not see Ben Simmons

I usually root for young players to succeed as it makes the NBA better, but for Ben it's the opposite. The league might be better off without him :lol:

• Sad
Reactions: HIM
Who's got the JJ Redick clip from this past season, I think. He said while there are less back to backs, and less three games in four nights now, that means there are less big gaps in-between games than when he started in the league. Before, they would grind through the schedule, but then have three to four off days to recover between games unlike now.

NBA sells tickets on the backs of who's playing. Players don't play because of load management. Load management doesn't work. Players should be playing
We're at the distilled point now. X player doesn't play cause they don't feel like it/Knows the team will beat let's say the Wizards regardless, and you as the consumer feel that they should play cause you spent money to see them play.

That's fair. I don't agree. I don't think me spending that money is enough. But the changes are being made to support your position. I am aware that my point is the losing one.

I would not have tripped in the slightest I promise you. That's life. Things happen. Wouldn't want my money back.

I’m on your side as far as “things happen” and not being mad over these things. But speaking specifically about you and that steph game, I don’t believe that you would not have been disappointed :lol:

I’m on your side as far as “things happen” and not being mad over these things. But speaking specifically about you and that steph game, I don’t believe that you would not have been disappointed :lol:
Enough to want money back? No way. It's just not that serious to me. And that is not to crap on people who have saved for X game, flew X amount of miles for that purpose, but it's not like this is food or housing. It's a basketball ticket.

People's lives will go on and the world will continue to spin.

Media big mad they can’t get any fodder for laughs at the Knicks’ expense anymore. Leon hasn’t talked to anyone since coming in :lol:.

Isola was ready to get cute & insinuate the team overpaying him at that press conference like everyone else.

There’s proof in the pudding that whatever’s going on back there is working. Better to not expose their hands like some of these more reckless orgs/players.

Also, protecting the vulnerable players [Dubious] from the biggest media market is just good business. They clearly don’t care about the optics and rightfully so with the agenda against them.

****boy don’t care about their brands.

Isola a clown, glad yo don’t got access

Ive gotten COVID 4 times. I got COVID from not sheltering in place. That is life.
klay-4-rings.gif

just jokes

Back
Top Bottom