The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | Brazil vs Germany at 3

Same. I got a size 60 Tmac saved somewhere. And my mother won an autograph tmac ball off the radio or something, in like 03. It’s in the crib like a trophy :rofl:
I got it at my spot dawg, been meaning to frame it for years no take backs . :lol:

Orlando doing something good, luv to see it :pimp:

IMG_7486.jpeg

Enough to want money back? No way. It's just not that serious to me. And that is not to crap on people who have saved for X game, flew X amount of miles for that purpose, but it's not like this is food or housing. It's a basketball ticket.

People's lives will go on and the world will continue to spin.
nah ur wrong idk wat u talkin bout
a mom or dad takes two kids to see lakers play in LA
that can be from $1000-3000 depending on where they are sitting
and u think its okay because sum person who has a privileged and lucky job of playing basketballl wants to rest? nah papi enough is enough

and u think its okay because sum person who has a privileged and lucky job of playing basketballl wants to rest? nah papi enough is enough
Someone who has $3k of discretionary cash is privileged themselves...

My POV about this situation is more around what MNTGA is saying but obviously not at that price point :lol: I am going to be fine if stars sit from an experience perspective. I will just find another opportunity to see them play, no big deal. But I think it’s problematic when you think about average person who might not have that luxury and plans/spends around taking children to see players in their hometown (an away game for said star) only to be disappointed due to a healthy scratch.

I would also be curious how this is baked into TV deals. As a network, I am 100% trying to use load management data from prior years to bring the price down (again, see the Steph in NOLA example from steelo). I think the product/load management would have to get out of hand for it to have a tangible effect there and on player salaries, though.

Has an American pro sports league had a reversal on Average/median salary or has it just always been on the rise?

buddy do u know how america works
people will blow that money to see their kids smile and get excited to watch their favorite player
many americans who fork over money are not doing it because they are loaded, they still live paycheck to paycheck but want to get away from reality for a bit

im not saying its smart, but it happens and the lazy players should be punished

buddy do u know how america works
people will blow that money to see their kids smile and get excited to watch their favorite player
many americans who fork over money are not doing it because they are loaded, they still live paycheck to paycheck but want to get away from reality for a bit

im not saying its smart, but it happens and the lazy players should be punished
Do you know how the world works? By virtue of living in America and having the means to buy a basketball ticket you have an unfathomable amount of privilege.

"Lazy players". The entitlement

Expecting to be made whole for that is entitlement. No one wronged anyone by not playing.

Something not going 100% to your expectations is not some travesty. But I've made my point we can drop it. Go out there and fight for your money that's your right as a consumer or so they say.

Back
Top Bottom