The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | Brazil vs Germany at 3

You took me saying that claiming that the players are SPITTING IN OUR FACE = unreasonable to be annoyed. I’m assuming you’re being hyperbolic because there’s no way you read that and thought those two things are close to being the same.

nope that's what I thought, if im wrong, my bad.

This is silly to me

If you were referring to a specific comment. Then why not quote it directly

The way you posted it clearly would seem like general commentary on people that disagree with you

i was talking about that comment. im responding to a lot of people and typing fast, got lazy and didn't quote it.

i didn't say, every person has this attitude or everyone who disagrees this applies to.

if it doesn't apply to you. it doesn't apply.

plus looking at this thread it seems like most people want it to change then don't? so it def doesn't apply to the entire thread.

look agree to disagree, but to me this sound like "his public comments and public actions and don't tell us anything and he actually has secret unstated preferences that you have insight into."
i don't find that convincing. i think its simple and more believable that he thinks this is bad and he wants to fix it.
The NBA wanted to fix the early season and added the IST. The NBA wanted to fix tanking and added the play in. They were concerned with load management and added the 65 game limit, fines for sitting.

We got a sternly worded public statement from Silver and some finger wagging. Maybe they’ll throw money at it or something but it does not seem like this is a priority issue for the league despite what Silver has said publicly.
but.....they have change the all star game in meaningful ways? like what more would they need to do for you to believe that they care?
They tinkered with it and ended up right back at square 1 :lol:. That’s obvious evidence IMO that this isn’t a big deal. The Elam ending was entertaining and they scrapped that in favor of the format that they felt was causing issues.

tbh honest if the players were like, "we want more of a cut of the all star game."

i would actually respect that. the injury stuff just seems fake to me.

They tinkered with it and ended up right back at square 1 :lol:. That’s obvious evidence IMO that this isn’t a big deal. The Elam ending was entertaining and they scrapped that in favor of the format that they felt was causing issues.
again, they've tried changing the format, increased the amount of days off, added financial incentives.

if those actions don't indicate they care, what actions WOULD indicate that to you?

it seems like those are sensible first actions before you move to CBA fights?

It’s wild to me people making 20-50 million a year to play for us fans are saying they need all star game money to get hyped.

Insanity

This on Lebron. He was/is the face of the league. Never competed in anything. Doesn’t care about the all star game. Blames injuries when no one gets injured. This is on him. No stars care anymore. Jalen Brown isn’t a star, ain’t no one really thinking of him. I appreciate what he tried to do.

The entire weekend went from “the star of stars” to the “scrubs of scrubs”. The best basketball players are not competing which is outrageous.

Props to Steph, he put his 3 point shooting on the line win or lose and damn near lost.

My god we have a G league player dominating the dunk contest. It would be like a college player winning the home run derby.

Insanity.
Bron is my guy, but really the big names did stop doing stuff outside of the 3 pt contest once he started slowing on all that.

F6DE7645-AE61-4EF1-8946-746A9B83BAAD.png

again, they've tried changing the format, increased the amount of days off, added financial incentives.

if those actions don't indicate they care, what actions WOULD indicate that to you?

it seems like those are sensible first actions before you move to CBA fights?
It’s obvious that this is a much lower item on the priority list. Why?

Nah. Do a one year hiatus for 2025, then resume with 2026 ASW in the Intuit Dome, which obviously and necessarily will be amazing.

agreed

maybe do the dunk contest every other year with another skills type contest to fill its space
or perhaps a more involved collaborative effort between the nba and the wnba
the nba has done the minimum to support the wnba imo. it's time
that sabrina steph shootout was aight, but it seemed gimmicky to me.

It’s obvious that this is a much lower item on the priority list. Why?

i dunno, this just feels like a move of the goal post, i think it's bad, adam silver seems to think its bad based on his public statements, and public actions.
but he actually doesn't think its bad because he doesn't declare a lockout over it?

things can be bad and need changing but not we need to suspend the league over it or something.

wish the league would just turn the ASG into a 3 on 3 tournament like hoop it up. Minimal running, defense would probably be better, would eliminate 75 foot three pointers, and would likely be more intense.

i dunno, this just feels like a move of the goal post, i think it's bad, adam silver seems to think its bad based on his public statements, and public actions.
but he actually doesn't think its bad because he doesn't declare a lockout over it?

things can be bad and need changing but not we need to suspend the league over it or something.
The hyperbole that you’re adding seems like the goalpost shift here but I digress. He needs to declare a lockout over it? You got it man.

Speaking of…does anyone know why Steph had another patch above the jordan logo during the intros? It looked like a trophy? I didn’t see it on anyone else, inckuding guys who have won MVPs and championships
Might be from the 3pt shootout with Sabrina

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
The hyperbole that you’re adding seems like the goalpost shift here but I digress. He needs to declare a lockout over it? You got it man.

you aren't being clear about what would show legit effort.

i keep asking what would he need to do? im asking you, i literally don't get what exactly he would need to do to show that he cares.
you brought up the CBA, hence why i brought up the lockout.

Wemby going to lead a recalibration of competitiveness when he gets to the ASG.

He was the biggest loafer in the rising stars game. He's just taking the lead from the real all-stars. Disappointed in Ant as well...

Incentiviging the AS game would be ridiculous. The business/corporate appeasement side will never change. That's great that some have a good grasp on that aspect, but what the hell do the viewers care? These are the stars of the game...they still making millions upon millions. So yes, it is reasonable to have an expectation that these dudes actually compete. Shame on us optimists for having expectations really, but it still leads to a negative perception because todays generation of players is just different. You cant be all about Kobe and not get disappointed that these star players are putting on a clown show. "Don't watch then" reeks of "if you don't like America then leave." Sounds like a reach, but really it just boils down to optimists being let down. These guys love the game, sure, but you're not getting this generation of multi-millionaire athletes to try during an exhibition. It's a damn shame too, but it is...what it is. That is my opinion and it won't change, so spare me the analogous or condescending response.

I didn't watch btw. Ready for Thursday already.

so explain how the past NBA players,
who played more minutes, got less days off during ASW,

were perfectly capable of modulating their effort and avoiding injury?
they never really got hurt, why is reasonable to think the risk of injury to the modern players is significant?

if anything the risk of injury should be lower.

and just 4 years ago when they first put in the target score the players tried harder.
That says to me this is a social thing and not an injury thing.

when it was a new gimmick they tried a bit harder. risk of injury didn't change.

What does this have to do with anything that I said? I never mentioned any of this. :lol:
I simply stated a fact those runs are done in the summer. Not during the season.
For every intense run posted, there's probably 3 or 4 that were trash.
Good editing will make us believe every summer run is filled with game 7 intensity.

Back
Top Bottom