The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | Brazil vs Germany at 3

IMG_6313.gif

Joe Mazz has improved this year too. Making more adjustments on the fly, giving different looks on both ends, lineups figured out. Helps having support from an actual staff, which he didn’t have last year.

Good to see.

I simultaneously want to send the video to a surgeon I know, but at the same time I kinda just want to not know and just hope they say "Brunson is okay and should be back for the Knicks next game" or "Brunson is warming up and will play in the second half."

The longer video seems to show the injury to me. Doesn't seem to me to be on the jump/landing.
It's before that, after he hands off the ball and runs through the screen, he stubs his toe kind of, then immediately after, gets kneed in the knee/leg, and stumbles toward the baseline and then curls.

Also currently he's "Questionable to return, with a sore left knee". That sounds promising. Wonder if something just got knocked out of line when he went by the screen, and they realigned it once he was in the back. Like a kneecap knocked out of place that had to be reset.

Yea looks like he bumped knees on the screen

Hoping its just a bruise, but doesnt look like it the way his knee just gave out when he jumped.

The Nuggets are the only team in the West that I think is an absolute lock to get out of the 1st round.
I think they’re pretty clearly on a tier above everybody in the West. Injuries the only thing stopping them from going to the finals.

And as good as the Cs are, Nuggets would still be the favorites if that’s the matchup IMO. Jok is firmly in his prime and going to go down as one of the best bigs to ever play. Tatum is amazing, but he isn’t THAT level. Would need to be an incredible team performance.

Back
Top Bottom