The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Huh.

You seen him dribble in games?

He can dribble.

Ball will be in his hands - whoever drafts him.
I have seen him dribble and he's extremely quick(fast twitch) for a big man. But they'll still pick his pockets since he's lanky and isn't built yet.

Huh.

You seen him dribble in games?

He can dribble.

Ball will be in his hands - whoever drafts him.

I haven't watched too much but I've seen enough. The dude can play. And he will be very successful given he stays the course and stays healthy.

However he is very raw. Pump the brakes on the dude.

I like the kid but one of the biggest cases for not having jerome on the team come playoffs is they already have 4 guards. gonna be tough to find minutes for jerome behind JP and Donte. idk what happened to jamychal, but hopefully he can find a rhythm in this rotation because they're gonna need his size (like Beli and OPJ) especially if wiseman can't be relied upon.

Ty is 6’6, so he can switch off. And he’s probably more of a PG, than white Donte or JP. Problem with the second unit is, they haven’t been able to find a ball mover/pg etc. a problem that’s been plaguing GSW since Livingston left. If Ty Jerome Keeps working on his game…he can be the big guard who runs the second unit. While freeing up the convo guards etc

I want to see full blown anarchy.

I want to see Vic refuse to be drafted with whoever gets the number 1 pick.

The way he be talkin he might :lol:

Fam wants all the big market smoke

I have always wondered how this would work. Would he just say he’s going back the G-League or enroll in college? Not sure how you properly avoid getting drafted other than staying in college :lol:

I have seen him dribble and he's extremely quick(fast twitch) for a big man. But they'll still pick his pockets since he's lanky and isn't built yet.

They used to say this about KD.

They used to say it about Magic Johnson too (according to Winning Time).

“He’ll get pocketed because he’s tall…”

Na man.

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos players dont tank generally (except the Sam Cassell Clippers), organizations do. Look at the Thunder the last 25 games of each of the last 2 season. I dont care how hard Jaylen Hoard. Xavier Henry. Georgios Kalatkis. Isaiah Roby and Melvin Frazier JR try to prove their nba worthiness, thats not an NBA team thats going to win games and no team attempting to be serious is fielding that lineup

I have always wondered how this would work. Would he just say he’s going back the G-League or enroll in college? Not sure how you properly avoid getting drafted other than staying in college :lol:

In Vic’s case he can just say..

“I’ll go back to France to make 5 million a year and a couple more millions in endorsements. Don’t draft me.”

As for College students. They don’t really have a choice. Now like someone from Overseas does.

Ty is 6’6, so he can switch off. And he’s probably more of a PG, than white Donte or JP. Problem with the second unit is, they haven’t been able to find a ball mover/pg etc. a problem that’s been plaguing GSW since Livingston left. If Ty Jerome Keeps working on his game…he can be the big guard who runs the second unit. While freeing up the convo guards etc
Man if he can become a facilitator on offense, we'll be in business and starters will be taking the whole 3rd quarter off with a lead like the 2015 season. Someone to feed Wiseman and Kuminga until they can develop their go-to moves/shots,create for themselves, and keep Poole from overdribbling.

Translation: please don't send me to San Antonio or OKC
OKC is probably the best team in position to get him, for him to go to. Have a point guard in Giddey and/or SGA who are both very unselfish and an overall unselfish team culture and play hard for each other and a young coach who won't have any anti-rook anti-not a bigger star then me agena, plus theyre all the same age. As opposed to like a Houston, where he might not even get passed the ball. Off court be damned, he's from France, plus he'll be rich, whatever he wants to access is available to him.

ALso, Ty Jerome is 6'6? News to me, he looked regular short pg height, like 6'2 or some'n as a Thunders.

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos players dont tank generally (except the Sam Cassell Clippers), organizations do. Look at the Thunder the last 25 games of each of the last 2 season. I dont care how hard Jaylen Hoard. Xavier Henry. Georgios Kalatkis. Isaiah Roby and Melvin Frazier JR try to prove their nba worthiness, thats not an NBA team thats going to win games and no team attempting to be serious is fielding that lineup

Exactly.

It’s not the players who are tanking.

It’s the organization putting out players/talent they KNOW will fail.

Unless it’s the NFL where the worst record guarantees the number 1 pick. The whole tanking stuff has always seemed weird to me.

Like there’s no incentive for players to tank. They’re playing for contracts, be it with that team or somewhere else. No reason for them to willingly partake in helping a team have higher odds at getting the number 1 pick when they likely won’t even be around with the team the next season. You can intentionally put the worst players out there, they’re going to try their best and compete.

Unless the coach is absolutely guaranteed job security and is assured his job is safe no matter how bad the teams record is, no incentive for them to get on board with benching or shutting their best players down for the season and playing a bunch of inexperienced guys.

I get hitting the reset button and rebuilding as an organization if you’re stuck in that middle of the pack no man’s land and trading your best players to acquire picks and cap flexibility. And if you happen to be real bad and get the number 1 pick as a result, then so be it. But to just blatantly tank and expect everyone to be on board with it. Just seems wild to me.

I think you kind of answered your own question in your post but by putting out the worst players/lineups even if they compete at that their best and try their hardest it still lessens your chances of winning.

When it comes to coaching, if you’re guaranteed job security then you would more than likely prefer the higher pick and if you’re not guaranteed job security then you likely are on the hot seat anyway for not improving the teams play during your tenure or allowing them to get to that point so you’re stuck with whatever talent you’re given on a nightly basis. The Sixers and Thunder are the only teams I can recall openly tanking and they stood by Brett Brown and Mark Daigneault, respectively. From a FO/coaching perspective it’s really an organizational decision IMO.

I know you’re not guaranteed a #1 pick by tanking especially with the flattened odds but it doesn’t get any simpler than the mathematical fact that you have an increased probability of landing the #1 pick.

They used to say this about KD.

They used to say it about Magic Johnson too (according to Winning Time).

“He’ll get pocketed because he’s tall…”

Na man.
I'm simply saying that if he OVERDRIBBLES, than he's more liable to get his stripped because of his slender frame and extremely long limbs. He's also way lankier than both of them.

In Vic’s case he can just say..

“I’ll go back to France to make 5 million a year and a couple more millions in endorsements. Don’t draft me.”

As for College students. They don’t really have a choice. Now like someone from Overseas does.

I mean couldn’t a college prospect go to Europe as well? And also, I am not sure an agent is a necessity but don’t you have had to declare to be draft eligible? If you say “I’m not hiring an agent and I am going to back” then I thought you couldn’t be drafted?

Exactly.

It’s not the players who are tanking.

It’s the organization putting out players/talent they KNOW will fail.

Nothing wrong with this though. If there are players that aren’t part of your long term vision and you’re a bad team it’s best to let them get tons of run and hopefully they either show you that they are decently good and can stick around or put up stats based just on volume and become a tradeable asset.

Completely agree with the tanking makes no sense from a players side of the coin. They should be competing as hard as they can. From the coaching side it’s more nebulous as you answer to what the owner wants more than to win at all costs. Developing talent is important during the down years.

I get that. I just find it hard for the coach to be on board with it unless they’re guaranteed job security no matter how bad or ugly it gets. Like the 76ers during the process years didn’t fire Brent Brown, so I’m sure he was fine playing a bunch of scrubs. Same with the gm. Unless they’re given assurance from the owner that their job is safe.

Like I get the idea of organizations tanking. But even on the gm and head coach level, I would assume there needs to be some type of job security for them to go along with it.

I mean couldn’t a college prospect go to Europe as well? And also, I am not sure an agent is a necessity but don’t you have had to declare to be draft eligible? If you say “I’m not hiring an agent and I am going to back” then I thought you couldn’t be drafted?

They could…

But most American players aren’t leaving the Country to go play in Europe and get paid 1/6 of their NBA salary.

NBA is guaranteed money.

Vic is an exception also. It’s not normal for a player (especially this young) to get paid that much in Europe.

Vic really might be the only draft pick ever to have actual leverage.

He’s in a very unique position if he actually refused to play for the team who drafts him.

Last edited:
Man if he can become a facilitator on offense, we'll be in business and starters will be taking the whole 3rd quarter off with a lead like the 2015 season. Someone to feed Wiseman and Kuminga until they can develop their go-to moves/shots,create for themselves, and keep Poole from overdribbling.

Need a strike through on mobile :lol:.

We just going to have to table Wiseman, for now. He’s nowhere close :lol:. Improving, but still far far away.

I would try to get right to it if I was Vic. Not losing a year holding out. Not if I’m the competitor he says he is.

Yeah, I was only trying to figure out how that would work. Anyways, outside of the Eli Manning situation in 2004, the whole ‘top pick holding out/demanding a trade’ thing seems to be more just something sports fans talk/speculate about than something that would actually happen in the NBA or NFL.

Back
Top Bottom