The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

NBA commentary for games is atrocious

It probably won't affect viewership but damn does it make watching games less enjoyable to here people like Reggie Miller say dumb **** all game.
ESPN's presentation sucks, but their game broadcast crews are A1. Inside the NBA is a cultural landmark, but their broadcast color guys (Reggie Miller, Grant Hill) stink.

If the name didn't immediately give it away you could watch 30 minutes of Inside and not know it's a basketball show

Baker mayfield has more commercials than wins. At least you can say Ben earned that bad contract

Baker was trash and not rewarded a contract

Ben was trash and rewarded THEN had the nerve to blame the Philadelphia fans and was scared to even play in the arena. At least Baker never ducked the pressure.

Ben sat for a whole year based off a lie, then tried to use his mental health to recoup money :lol: :lol:

The Nets needed him for ONE game in the playoffs last year, with the season on the line and dude refused to play :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ideally, you'd make up the lost revenue from cutting games with higher quality games.

Welcome to your kodak moment!

I think your ratings could go up but your revenues would go way down (loss in ticket sales, sponsors willing to pay less, smaller network deals, etc.). So it would benefit fans but not owners....which is why it won't happen :lol:

League is tolerable, but honestly you literally never know which stars are missing games which is a huge part of the league's problem.

The league is and has always been about stars, whether it's injury, load management, etc. the product does 100% suffer when you're promoting these marquee names that just don't show up.

Where the NBA does blow other leagues out of the water is the social media engagement and drama of the off-season. I'd venture to say that often times is more exciting than the play on the court.

Money consequences aside, what changes are you guys making to improve the game and presentation?
Consolidate the league. Too many mediocre players in a league supposedly representing the best in the world. They can EASILY fire 150 players.

Also as a fan of the NBA, I myself am tired of the late game step back 3….

Especially done by dudes who can’t shoot.

Game on the line, it’s 100-102, guys shooting terrible threes instead of going to the cup or even attempting the mid range.

Some of the WORSE shooters now have the green light to shoot 3s and they aren’t even built like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys like Russell Westbrook should not be shooting step back 3s at the end of the game, only down 1 or 2 points :lol:
All of this. Srs :lol:

League is tolerable, but honestly you literally never know which stars are missing games which is a huge part of the league's problem.

The leading topic on SportsCenter this afternoon was the fact that LeBron was upgraded to "questionable" and is likely to play tonight after missing a week/3 games. I know it is in part because Pelicans vs. Lakers game is on ESPN but the fact a superstar's status being upgraded to "questionable" is a major headline is a perfect example of the problem you mentioned.

Reactions: MVP
Consolidate the league. Too many mediocre players in a league supposedly representing the best in the world. They can EASILY fire 150 players.

I have always thought this was an unserious take but after looking at how the quickly the Nets got dismantled in 48 hours which created another super team in PHX and paired two superstars in Dallas in the process made me realize you might have a point.

If stars are going to be allowed to request trades at a whim to pair up with other stars then you minus whale consolidate the number of teams because the talent is consolidating. Brooklyn "fans" went from having championship aspirations to hoping 2025/2027/2029 draft picks pan out. Is that really good for the league?

part of the perceived problem is that y’all don’t want to let go of the old days.

The days of the bell cow RB are long gone.
ezgif-2-b97c7348aa.gif

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o6_250.gif

Back
Top Bottom