The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Quality take from Jalen. It just falls flat when you look at all the young guys from Ja’s background or much worse across all major sports who get drafted every year & carry themselves better.

Hes clowning right now & has to tighten up, there’s just no way around that.

Also still bothers me that Mike Wilbon has a job & is still commenting on these kinds of topics.

B9F1FD92-A79E-4587-84B6-C2A23BB37E8D.jpeg

Dope to see how much more nuanced these convos are now. Salute to Jalen even though he’s another guy who was actually from that.

people really need to remember how young these guys are when they’re made the public face or one of the faces of these billion dollar companies

but with jalen it’s a deeper conversation

jalen had a famous father that isn’t in his life but dude right in the nba.. and the degree them dudes were screwed and the manner they were discussed when at Michigan

it’s good that jalen is approaching the Ja situation with empathy

but from the outside looking in.. I could easily see how the way people discussed the fab five vs say duke guys, I could easily see how that could impact a person.. hell even the lack of empathy people in general had for nba players back then i could see it, since everyone expected those guys to have the clean image jordan had (even though we know jordan was human too)

people really need to remember how young these guys are when they’re made the public face or one of the faces of these billion dollar companies

but with jalen it’s a deeper conversation

jalen had a famous father that isn’t in his life but dude right in the nba.. and the degree them dudes were screwed and the manner they were discussed when at Michigan

it’s good that jalen is approaching the Ja situation with empathy

but from the outside looking in.. I could easily see how the way people discussed the fab five vs say duke guys, I could easily see how that could impact a person.. hell even the lack of empathy people in general had for nba players back then i could see it, since everyone expected those guys to have the clean image jordan had (even though we know jordan was human too)

“Jordan was human” :lol:

That man played 36 holes of golf, drank 10 beers and dropped 52 that night. Most people who can do one of those things couldn’t do the other in the same day (36 holes/50 points + 10 beers may be doable than I think doe). He did all 3.

He’s probably Top 3 athletes (not just NBA players) that benefited from not playing in the social media era

“Jordan was human” :lol:

That man played 36 holes of golf, drank 10 beers and dropped 52 that night. Most people who can do one of those things couldn’t do the other in the same day (36 holes/50 points + 10 beers may be doable than I think doe). He did all 3.

He’s probably Top 3 athletes (not just NBA players) that benefited from not playing in the social media era

could only imagine if we knew all the shh jordan was up to vs the image we got sold

jalen ain’t had that benefit going for him.. media decided what the story was they wanted to tell about the fab five and about him..

Michigan, Nike and college basketball as a whole made a crap ton of money off them dudes.. I’d be bitter/angry too if I was continuously reading shh about myself knowing what the actual deal was

Last edited:
You missed Mardi Gras by a week,head would’ve been in tailspin all week :lol:

Man, I went the winter/spring after I graduated which was the sweet spot because I was working but still young and close enough to college that my debauchery gene was still active. Went HAM from the morning prior to departure until our afternoon flight back however many days later. Woke up the next day for work looking like Team USA John Wall
1678029942694.jpeg

At the time I was working with a bunch of washed late 20s to late 30s dudes and you would swear they were NTers the way they rushed to my desk and asked for pics before I could even log in :lol:

Even outside of the drinking, I would recommend it for anyone who hasn’t gone. That city knows how to party. I also went back many years later with a girlfriend and it was a completely different experience but there’s actually a lot to do/see and tons of great food :smokin

With that said- Bourbon gotta be one of if not the wildest places in the country. Can't believe I never been before
Bourbon st a damn free for all,anything goes. :lol:
Man, I went the winter/spring after I graduated which was the sweet spot because I was working but still young and close enough to college that my debauchery gene was still active. Went HAM from the morning prior to departure until our afternoon flight back however many days later. Woke up the next day for work looking like Team USA John Wall
1678029942694.jpeg

At the time I was working with a bunch of washed late 20s to late 30s dudes and you would swear they were NTers the way they rushed to my desk and asked for pics before I could even log in :lol:

Even outside of the drinking, I would recommend it for anyone who hasn’t gone. That city knows how to party. I also went back many years later with a girlfriend and it was a completely different experience but there’s actually a lot to do/see and tons of great food :smokin
Dawg :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom