The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

200w (16).gif

It should be 3 years before they cut you off from a top pick…Most teams picking that high ain’t gon be good for a couple seasons anyway regardless if they tanking hard or not

If you pick top 3 there has to be a cool down period of at least 1 season before you can pick top 3 again.

It should be 3 years before they cut you off from a top pick…Most teams picking that high ain’t gon be good for a couple seasons anyway regardless if they tanking hard or not
Yea. Sixers in 2016 were 10 wins. Then 28 in 17 and 52 in 18. Now the thunder are banged up, but in 2023 if they aren’t at least solid they shouldn’t get to have any more top oicks

Yea. Sixers in 2016 were 10 wins. Then 28 in 17 and 52 in 18. Now the thunder are banged up, but in 2023 if they aren’t at least solid they shouldn’t get to have any more top oicks
The Thunder have only drafted in the top 2 since 2009. They shouldnt be the tace of this, for the years prior to this season they hav le been getting the worst possible outcome in the lottery every season (had over a 50% chance to get picks 1 and 5, grt 6th)

Thunder absolutely deserve to be the face of tanking , but I am 1 who believes the lottery is rigged and Silver dont fw us like Stern does.

Cleveland had a stretch where they drafted 1, 2 the next season, then 1 again. Now they had just lost LeBron of course but still. The NBa was trying to sell the New Orleans basketball team and amazingly you buy N.O we’ll throw in the #1 pick to get you going

I think the few times the Lakes kept their pick, they went 2 multiple times in a row

But I agree I like some sort of rule to punish you for always being there

This idea doesn’t work cause it’s devoid of circumstance. How do you adjust for injuries with that? The team simply not being good? Banchero is balling and yet the Magic are still terrible

This idea doesn’t work cause it’s devoid of circumstance. How do you adjust for injuries with that? The team simply not being good? Banchero is balling and yet the Magic are still terrible
Magic don’t have wings. That’s their downfall

Back
Top Bottom