The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

But that's not how they talk. That's the point. If your culture was constantly attacked, only to then be co-opted for exploitation and resold you'd also gatekeep it.

I respect your take and I'm not trying to stir anything up.

Just offering another POV here.

But I took it the other way like if people are saying he's white and can't "speak black".... then what you tryna say (not you specifically) if someone who IS black uses so called "big words" instead??

Oh, they must be white bc they're speaking "proper"??

Not feeling that inference/assumption at all.

Davis has a ton of definition in his arms, glad he got into the weight room this summer!

They have brought up the Green Poole thing like 6 times. Wonder how long this will go on

Who tf is Ryan?

I was going through pics and was like who tf is this?? :lol:

ryan.jpg

Don’t understand how you went from the Bubble Lakers team to this. Crazy :lol:

This supporting cast is awful.

EYE understand bringing in Schroeder and to a lesser extent Montrezl but gutting the perimeter depth by trading for Westbrook and losing Caruso in the process will always "bottle" my mind.

Been all downhill from there.

Don't know what Pelinka, Lebby and AD were thining.

That’s right Reggie, graduating college is a bigger deal than doing ANY of those other things.

like 4 million students graduate from college a year.. and somehow college is more meaningful than getting an award that only 33 players have ever received in the history of the nba

I respect your take and I'm not trying to stir anything up.

Just offering another POV here.

But I took it the other way like if people are saying he's white and can't "speak black".... then what you tryna say (not you specifically) if someone who IS black uses so called "big words" instead??

Oh, they must be white bc they're speaking "proper"??

Not feeling that inference/assumption at all.
What does code switching or "speaking proper" have to do with the co-opting of AAVE?
Calling out one says nothing about the other. They're related but not in an identical way.

I know I have a lot of Lakers fans on ignore, but nevertheless I feel like they are quite thin in here tonight.

Back
Top Bottom