The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I think this ends the who is better debates between Brown and Tatum

I still feel like Tatum has stretches where he becomes passive or just tries the stepback 3 too often. Jaylen plays a more aggressive and physical style, and thus far has been a better defender imo

Tatum needs to be the best player for us to get a ring with this group, though. I think he can be

Daryl moreys fraud *** needs to be looked at more. Dude never achieved anything
NBA Nepotism at work.
All the Doc gotta go talk made me think about what Steve Kerr said about them not being a championship team

Same players as last year that won the championship minus Iguadala, and he is getting away with saying they aren’t a championship team after getting spanked in 6 games by the 7th seed

Not surprised at all :smh:
Kerr does have four chips, has a good rapport with his players, exercises talent management, etc. I can understand the criticism of schemes, etc. Doc has a habit of blowing 3-1 leads in the playoffs. Can’t say he didn’t have the players. But let’s be honest, NBA coaching jobs are tenuous now a days. Spo, Kerr, and Pop are last of a dying breed.
I think this ends the who is better debates between Brown and Tatum
They’re both good and integral to their success. If anything, the only thing preventing them from the chip is inconsistent shooting sometimes and turn overs which cost them in that Warriors series.

Bigger postseason bust, Phoenix or Philly?
6ers by far. Spent most of the season trying to get Embid an MVP instead of getting guys ready for the playoffs. Up 3-2 with a chance to close things out at home with Tatum playing some of the worst ball of his entire career and you still lose. At least with the Suns you could say that they just didn't have the firepower. Took Book doing things we've never seen and Durant playing pretty well to win two games by 7 or so points while getting blown out in every game in denver.

Benefit of hindsight here, but...the Suns thing we should have seen coming

Just look at what Booker and Durant did to win those games by pretty close margins. You could even see it in the minutes being on them and the roster being so depleted in the first round series they won

Of all the losers in the 2nd round, I take solace in NY having the best showing and fight.

Youngest team of the bunch, time is on their side. Can even wait out Dubious’ whole contract if necessary.

In Leon, I trust.

Another Embiid presser, another quote taken way out of context while his other quotes don't get mentioned. I get it, he deserves the blame and all the things people want to say about him are warranted, but it's like clockwork at this point. Regardless, it's another lifeless second round exit.

I still feel like Tatum has stretches where he becomes passive or just tries the stepback 3 too often. Jaylen plays a more aggressive and physical style, and thus far has been a better defender imo

Tatum needs to be the best player for us to get a ring with this group, though. I think he can be
JB is definitely not a better defender.

The argument between the two really isn’t close. Not sure why people even bring it up.

JB is definitely not a better defender.

The argument between the two really isn’t close. Not sure why people even bring it up.

Should clarify - Tatum has always had more upside as a defender and should be at least a candidate for the all defense teams through his prime. Maybe it's just the games I catch, but JB seems to be more consistently engaged and staying in front of his man.

He will never have the physical tools Tatum has, though. His wingspan is ridiculous and Brown can't get to his level if they're both maximizing their talent

Well, Embiid’s injury this time came during the playoffs.

If not mistaken, it was a pretty srs one too.

He couldn’t have been feeling like himself out there.

Not a pass but still a factor.

Back
Top Bottom