The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

You still think they won't compete for a playoff spot?
I don't think it's the ultimate goal for them. The ultimate goal is trying to figure out what further pieces complement what they have and development. They are playing it very slow.

They're almost too damn good though lol. They probably won't be able to play it as slow as they thought.

Yea, not sure he’s exactly what they need. They need their two star wings to be healthy and play. Harden on his own is oft injured at this point and notorious for shrinking in the biggest moment.

Who is treating him like a bum? I’m just not giving up my best young rotation guy for him, when I have to pay him going into his 35 year old season. He’s already showing physical decline — that’s why the Sixers don’t want to pay him. I’d send over matching contracts with Powell and Morris and then a future first, but they’re trying to win today. Not giving up Mann.

That's debatable. I do think the Clippers will be better off in the immediate term with Harden but that is also up for debate.

As a Sixers fan, I pray to god we don't trade Harden for a couple of rotational pieces. That will be a horrible return for what he offers.

. I think Harden next to Kawhi and PG is worth Mann and it's not even close.
Going to have to respectfully disagree. We haven’t seen the best of Terrance Mann yet. Really versatile player, good defender who can guard multiple positions, has a knack for getting to the basket.

Stats showed that him with PG and Kawhi was close to elite. Ty didn’t play Mann enough - which I said all of last year. They won when he played 30 plus minutes.

I can’t justify giving him up for a guy that might be a one-year rental, as good as Jimbo is.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm not really interested in a contest of who's better.

Chet's gravity and his ability to change the geometry of the court defensively for OKC is what I'm interested in. Opens up so much on both ends. Very good passer as well. The fit is definitely there.

I'm really liking that he doesn't back down even when he's being pushed around. I think once he's able to build more core strength and knows how to use his lower body to keep his ground, he will be such an impactful defender.

The offensive end is what is really intriguing and I really don't know what to make of it just yet. I will just enjoy the show.

Going to have to respectfully disagree. We haven’t seen the best of Terrance Mann yet. Really versatile player, good defender who can play multiple position, has a knack for getting to the basket. Stats showed that him with PG and Kawhi was close to elite. Ty didn’t play Mann enough - which I said all of last year. They won when he played 30 plus minutes.

I can’t justify giving him up for a guy that might be a one-year rental, as good as Jimbo is.

Totally fair. And I can't see the Sixers giving up Harden for Powell and scraps. If there is a Harden trade to be done with the Clips, I don't see one without Mann.

Totally fair. And I can't see the Sixers giving up Harden for Powell and scraps. If there is a Harden trade to be done with the Clips, I don't see one without Mann.
I hear you. That’s why I’m feeling right now like Jim to the Clippers isn’t happening.

Asking Morey to take Morris (expiring) and Powell (3 yrs/~$60MM let) for Harden when his job and Embiid's happiness in Philadelphia are on the line is wild.

Particularly if they don't get Dame in a Maxey trade. Running it back with Jimbo and Joel is a better option even if it means letting Harden walk for nothing.

Man all of us did some sus stuff playing around when WE were younger
1688501965916.png

Back
Top Bottom