The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

S/o Darwin, they do be evolving tho

Dat Jiggle

1690232431788.png

Lol first underrated comes out and now Steph in the 2nd spot. NT gonna be in shambles. Just embrace the generational talent.

Leads his team to better regular season records AND outplays both of them head to head in the playoffs when the games actually matter.
He had better a roster than Philly for sure. But he definitely shouldn’t be over Embiid. Could agree that he and KD might be a different convo.

This would be the NBA owners worst nightmare. Half of these owners are so cheap they already don't want to pay their current players, imagine if a Saudi league was willing to pay top NBA players $200M per year

I think a Saudi basketball league in America would flop hard.

LIV Golf was a total flop to the point the Saudis pretty much bought the PGA Tour.

If top players go to Saudi Arabia, the league will be just fine. The basketball talent pool in the US probably exceeds what MBS would be willing to pay.

No young star is trying to live in or do business with Saudi Arabia long term.

It's not a really fun place tbh :lol:

This would be the NBA owners worst nightmare. Half of these owners are so cheap they already don't want to pay their current players, imagine if a Saudi league was willing to pay top NBA players $200M per year

**** basketball...

Nah serious that Mbappe deal about to **** up everything :lol:

Watch Steph jump on that Liv tour for 500 mill.

dudes not gonna like their laws on women out there

No young star is trying to live in or do business with Saudi Arabia long term.

It's not a really fun place tbh :lol:

I think this is the beauty of a situation that they are offering Mbappe: it's only one year. It'd be a much tougher decision if they're asking you to play the remainder of your career over there. Mbappe is only 24, he could go to Saudi Arabia and cash out and be back playing for a top European team at age 25-26.

These guys go play college basketball in Podunk towns in the US and don't get paid to dime, You're telling me Embiid (or other top NBA players) wouldn't play in Saudi Arabia for $200M/year?

Hypothetically I could see an NBA player signing a two-year deal that would 5x their salary and then come back to the NBA.

I was in the military so I can understand sacrificing a year of your life for larger goals but I guess these NBA players might not be about that. I know guys who left active duty, got jobs as contractors in the Middle East making 3-4x their military salary (tax free).

Back
Top Bottom