The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

It’s 2023, y’all crazy if y’all think people aren’t taking that risk to get that type of paper.

Darn near anything is possible with this modern society

It’s not these guys’ responsibility to answer to politics, as politicians and Elon’s bros say Shut Up and Dribble right? That **** cuts both ways, for the positive for the basketball players too. Take the dough.

Always
Take
The
Money

Same thing might happen like LIV golf, players will be told to stay firm with the USA/NBA and then the higher ups will merge and the players that stay won’t get any $$$$

Lol those golfers that didn’t take the $$$$$ now have to work with LIV anyway

Can’t wait til the Saudi Adam Stern gets interviewed

1690248477209.gif

That money comes straight from the Saudi government, if you take it, it is fair game for people to ask you about said government

Clippers players were asked about Sterling, and Suns players about Sarver.

So if you work for a murderous dictator, they are going to ask you about your boss's murderous behavior

Last edited:
That money comes straight from the Saudi government, if you take it, it is fair game for people to ask you about said government

Clippers players were asked about Sterling, and Suns players about Sarver.

So if you work for a murderous dictator, they are going to ask you about your boss's murderous behavior

Same can be said about the US government…

I think that’s what people don’t realize. Say they paid $250/year to:

Steph
Lebron
KD
Giannis
Joker

and they set up a league with 5 teams. And gave each of these captains another 250M to build out a 12 man roster.

It’d be over for the NBA. These upper echelon super stars make the league. No one is watching an nba league that doesn’t have the 5 best players. Current system is a subsidy system so that everyone gets to eat.
This.

It would be the most watched thing ever. And they could host it in Qatar or Dubai - which are major major tourist attractions with tons of alcohol.

Even with no alcohol, to think players would turn down a 2/200 mill dollar contract to put a ball in a hoop is drunk

The US government doesn't directly fund the NBA

The money the Saudis are throwing around comes from the Saudi government

If an athlete takes their money, a whataboutism isn't gonna save them from questions

I’m just saying. There’s rarely anywhere that you can set foot on this planet, where there’s a dearth of illicit activity being done by some nation or it’s people. The majority of all global policies and economics, something sinister is being done somehow, or someway. There’s immorality across the board and it isn’t going to prevent people from not trying to gain money. People are going to turn the other cheek regardless

Truth is. Those deals for nba players are non existent until the sport is big enough in those countries. Right now, the ROI isn’t there.

Always
Take
The
Money

Same thing might happen like LIV golf, players will be told to stay firm with the USA/NBA and then the higher ups will merge and the players that stay won’t get any $$$$

Lol those golfers that didn’t take the $$$$$ now have to work with LIV anyway
Yeah that’s the cold thing. Tiger turned down $800M from LIV, and the PGA ended up selling out to merge anyways SMH…

Side note though, the NBA would be crazy if they adopted the Euro soccer model and allowed contract buy outs.

I’m just saying. There’s rarely anywhere that you can set foot on this planet, and there’s a dearth of illicit activity being done by some nation or it’s people. The majority of all global policies and economics, something sinister is being down somehow, someway. There’s immorality across the board and isn’t going to prevent people from not trying to gain money. People are going to turn the other cheek regardless
Famb I got you, I agree.

But what I am saying is the important difference is that the US and most other governments with blood on their hands are not directly funding basketball leagues and trying to sports wash their image on the same level as the Saudis.

MBS, the dictator of Saudi Arabia, is the one co-signing this spending.

If Bron or anyone else takes the Saudi money, the Saudi government is their employer. Bringing up geopolitics is not gonna save them from questions.

Take the money and ignore the hypocritical moral standards promoted by certain media outlets. These individuals often use their pricey Apple devices, which are manufactured using underpaid labor, to write articles on morality.

I am against thinking Lebron can’t take the money when others can, it’s not his job to think about Jamal and all that other stuff. That’s a luxury. That’s other people’s moral quarrel.

I think a Saudi basketball league in America would flop hard.

LIV Golf was a total flop to the point the Saudis pretty much bought the PGA Tour.

If top players go to Saudi Arabia, the league will be just fine. The basketball talent pool in the US probably exceeds what MBS would be willing to pay.

No one cares about ball in Saudi. I would know, played for the Ahli (Jeddah) junior team and even played against Shamgod when he was in Itihad for a year.

Tennis, F1, Golf, Soccer, equestrian, and even MMA will come before Basketball. It is very low on the list of priorities.

Basketball is too much of an uphill battle.

Last edited:
No one cares about ball in Saudi. I would know, played for the Ahli (Jeddah) junior team and even played against Shamgod when he was in Itihad for a year.

Tennis, F1, Golf, Soccer, equestrian, and even MMA will come before Basketball. It is very low on the list of priorities.

Basketball is too much of an uphill battle.
Ok cool. Good to know

Someone else brought up the prospects of the Saudi throwing money at basketball. So I was just responding to them

Back
Top Bottom