The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

NFL dudes too scared to ask for what they're owed.
Eh, it’s more so an issue of there being so many different classes of players. QBs aren’t incentivized to take a stand with the rest of the league. Then having 60+ guys including practice squad on each team, guys have different thresholds for what type of pain they can even take in a true lockout. Dudes taking care of their entire families who have gotten used to whatever lifestyle they’re providing aren’t trying to miss checks. It’s an issue of competing interests across 1500+ guys, not a fear issue.

Supermax- Be in the NBA for at least 7 years and named to an all-NBA team. This is different than a "max" contract in that players can get up to 35% of the salary cap, with 8% increases each year.

Will be an interesting dynamic with the awards next year tied to that 65 games played. Several players won't be eligible for supermax contracts with another group of players surprising people with supermax contracts

The NFL's pie is bigger than the NBA's, but the NBA got to divide it among much fewer people.

But pure capitalism aside, I think it is morally wrong for NFL players not to get a much bigger piece of their pie vs. the owners.

Playing in the NFL negatively affects dudes' quality of life in such a manner I feel it is only right they get a larger share.

These owners don't have to worry about body or brain injuries.

Like I read the player's share is around 49%. I think it should be at least 55%, going toward 60.

Last edited:
Saw this man in his prime get out-played by Caleb Martin in the eastern conference finals and was unable to use his left hand and dribble. When attempting to dribble averaged 3.6 TOs in the ECF..

I understand why, but I wouldn't lock-in 300m+ with JB as a franchise
So you let him walk? He’s not signing without the super max. Now you can still trade him/he might request to be traded in 2 years anyways

What would you have liked them to do?
I would have signed 3 players and improved play-making since losing Smart, Grant williams, added a guard and a wing: FVV, Kyrie, Cam Johnson (RFA), Austin Reaves (RFA), Struss, Bruce Brown, Mcdaniels, Draymond were available, I would pick 3 of those guys instead (2 in some scenarios). They've ran it back with this core of JB and Tatum for several years now, and can't get over the hump. Now, they'll be locked in with JB, Tatum, KP and veteran minimums for the next few years similar to Phoenix build

If Boston was dead set on not valuing brown like that- guess they would have been forced to trade for young pieces (maybe Portland?) and picks
No reason not to value him like that. 9th in the league in scoring last season. Has gotten better every year. Has been the number 2 guy on a team that’s made 3 of the last 4 conference finals (or better) before he and the best player on the team have entered their primes.

Only times his name has ever come up in trade rumors has been for some of the best players of this generation (KD/Kawhi/AD).

Trading for young pieces/picks is definitely not happening when the team is ready to win now.

No reason not to value him like that. 9th in the league in scoring last season. Has gotten better every year. Has been the number 2 guy on a team that’s made 3 of the last 4 conference finals (or better) before he and the best player on the team have entered their primes.

Only times his name has ever come up in trade rumors has been for some of the best players of this generation (KD/Kawhi/AD).

Trading for young pieces/picks is definitely not happening when the team is ready to win now.
Hate to break it to you pal, but Jaylen is mad overrated. Dude cant dribble with both hands and he shrinks in big moments. He is not worth the 55 0r 60 million a year.

I am not mad though. Celts are ****** for the foreseeable future with JB and Tatum getting 60 mil each. Hate the celts lol!!

I would have signed 3 players and improved play-making since losing Smart, Grant williams, added a guard and a wing: FVV, Kyrie, Cam Johnson (RFA), Austin Reaves (RFA), Struss, Bruce Brown, Mcdaniels, Draymond were available, I would pick 3 of those guys instead (2 in some scenarios). They've ran it back with this core of JB and Tatum for several years now, and can't get over the hump. Now, they'll be locked in with JB, Tatum, KP and veteran minimums for the next few years similar to Phoenix build
And how would you have done that with no cap space? I’m genuinely intrigued :lol:

Can’t argue any of that

Folks just very averse to this super max thing and may not fully understand the salary cap

Boston had the cap space for this?

And how would you have done that with no cap space? I’m genuinely intrigued :lol:
No cap space cause Jaylen Brown still under contract next year. Would have to run it back again this coming year, then have cap space NEXT year. Would also give the option of trading his expiring contract this year at trade deadline. Either way, would have another shot (7 straight years of this duo)

No cap space cause Jaylen Brown still under contract next year. Would have to run it back again this coming year, then have cap space NEXT year. Would also give the option of trading his expiring contract this year at trade deadline. Either way, would have another shot (7 straight years of this duo)
Letting an all nba player walk away for nothing is a strategy

Eh, it’s more so an issue of there being so many different classes of players. QBs aren’t incentivized to take a stand with the rest of the league. Then having 60+ guys including practice squad on each team, guys have different thresholds for what type of pain they can even take in a true lockout. Dudes taking care of their entire families who have gotten used to whatever lifestyle they’re providing aren’t trying to miss checks. It’s an issue of competing interests across 1500+ guys, not a fear issue.

It's a whole different pay scale by position in the NFL. A lot of WR's and TE's are getting their worth so they don't have a issue. The big name defensive players are getting great money too.

Back
Top Bottom