The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Ja and the Grizz gotta chill, that backlash gonna be harsh. Can't be dancing every game, threatening to shoot fans and telling legends to get off your **** if championships aint coming with it, people gonna remember all that when you fail :lol:

Everyone will forget that they're a young team to get all sorts of nasty takes off because they couldn't handle the light ones. Even Embiid learned to cut back on his trolling :lol:

Fox didn’t want to play co-PG anymore.

Sometimes you roll the dice. Kangz make the playoffs 2 years in a row, they’ll have $ to overpay sabonis. Give that man the Chris Webber treatment.
Trae isn’t used to that either, that’s not how you build a team tho :lol: And you can mitigate a bit of that with staggering. And part of Halliburton’s whole appeal is he’s a very effective two guard as well.

It was a crazy dice roll. Sabonis is very good but he doesn’t elevate them above play-in territory, if at all.

Even if he resigns he’s at a much higher cap hit than Halliburton’s extension would be, which has luxury tax implications.

Didn’t like it then, still don’t like it now. But hopefully for them he does re-sign.

More cap from Ben Simmons

“I get (the skepticism), but I think the one thing with me is that I’m a competitor. I want to win and play. So I’m gonna do what I can to get out there.”

The ball is moving way better with Sabonis/Fox than the Haliburton/Fox combo. It's probably due to coaching, but also the whole identity of the team has changed. Adding Huerter has been huge, he added much-needed spacing/shooting. The timeline of the team is for the next 5-6 years. The core of the team is young with Sabonis being the oldest at 26 years old. I know it's easy to make fun of the Kings, but the Kangz going to put the league on notice.

Trae isn’t used to that either, that’s not how you build a team tho :lol: And you can mitigate a bit of that with staggering. And part of Halliburton’s whole appeal is he’s a very effective two guard as well.

It was a crazy dice roll. Sabonis is very good but he doesn’t elevate them above play-in territory, if at all.

Even if he resigns he’s at a much higher cap hit than Halliburton’s extension would be, which has luxury tax implications.

Didn’t like it then, still don’t like it now. But hopefully for them he does re-sign.

Well I come from the theory that your 2 best players need to be able to create offense and mismatches for each other. I understand do whatever you need to do to improve your team but my turn your turn is going to have a cap on it. Word to last years Celtics. Word to these clippers when Kawhi plays.

Staggering means nothing come playoff time. DJM shooting 31% on spot ups this year. The jury is going to be out on that move though it does look good now.

Kings should be in position to be competing for HC in 2 years because there are 4 teams right now already teetering and are old.

Back
Top Bottom