The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

1669411947168.jpeg

Damn, the Chicago (Lavine), Beal and all-in moves once picks are available sound like the best bet. If I am Cubes, Luka is so good right now that I would feel comfortable going all in (for someone worth it, not like the Goober or Rust trades) because if they don't do something then Luka is gone in 2027 and they will have to rebuild anyway.

Plus the west is already wide open right now and the future of the conference is only murkier so if they can set themselves up as one of those premiere teams moving forward they'll be Gucci.

Just peeped Lavine and Beal are both locked in through 2026 with player options for 2026-2027 so their contracts line up with Luka's :nerd:

Damn, the Chicago (Lavine), Beal and all-in moves once picks are available sound like the best bet. If I am Cubes, Luka is so good right now that I would feel comfortable going all in (for someone worth it, not like the Goober or Rust trades) because if they don't do something then Luka is gone in 2027 and they will have to rebuild anyway.

Plus the west is already wide open right now and the future of the conference is only murkier so if they can set themselves up as one of those premiere teams moving forward they'll be Gucci.

Just peeped Lavine and Beal are both locked in through 2026 with player options for 2026-2027 so their contracts line up with Luka's :nerd:
They'll be the team that throws 3 picks and pick swaps with a bunch of good role player contracts and gets someone.

It's just a matter of who it ultimately is. There's going to be a move made - I'd guess next offseason around draft night. '24, '26, '28 picks + pick swaps between.

Y’all AINT treating him right.

That’s the TRUTH.

Because the Knicks will? He going to run to go play with RJ Barrett?

Mavs took a step forward with the dinwiddie trade last year but then stepped backwards letting Brunson walk. Like someone else said, kick the tires on Lavine. See what’s up with Myrie for this season only. FVV has an option on his next season. Jerami grant is a UFA

The knicks

6FA7DFEB-CCEB-4D5B-9741-01ABEDFA333A.png

Because the Knicks will? He going to run to go play with RJ Barrett?

Mavs took a step forward with the dinwiddie trade last year but then stepped backwards letting Brunson walk. Like someone else said, kick the tires on Lavine. See what’s up with Myrie for this season only. FVV has an option on his next season. Jerami grant is a UFA

The knicks

6FA7DFEB-CCEB-4D5B-9741-01ABEDFA333A.png

Maybe it won’t be the Knicks….. :lol:

BUT time is ticking….tick-tock

Plus Luka shouldn’t live in a city where Dak Prescott is more famous than him. It’s disgusting…. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Maybe it won’t be the Knicks….. :lol:

BUT time is ticking….tick-tock

Plus Luka shouldn’t live in a city where Dak Prescott is more famous than him. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Dak plays the most popular position on the most valuable team in the world. He’s more popular than almost everyone.

Clock isn’t ticking. They are fresh off. WCF run. He just signed his max. Moves will be made

Dak plays the most popular position on the most valuable team in the world. He’s more popular than almost everyone.

Clock isn’t ticking. They are fresh off. WCF run. He just signed his max. Moves will be made

We’ll see.

****, they better do all they can.

Luka probably has another three years in him before he's tired of dribbling the ball outta the air and shooting the ball with no remorse.
Some of it's the roster.

Some of it won't matter until he matures out of some of the hero-ball stuff, too.

They had Brunson and Luka still dominated possessions. He's going to have to adjust and change his style to some degree or it probably doesn't matter who else they have with him.

Some of it's the roster.

Some of it won't matter until he matures out of some of the hero-ball stuff, too.

They had Brunson and Luka still dominated possessions. He's going to have to adjust and change his style to some degree or it probably doesn't matter who else they have with him.
Best fit would be a big, someone like AD actually :lol:

Otherwise, a guy like Beal knows how to play the 2 very, very well. Those old Wizards teams were a tough out at their best. Luka won’t have the same issues Wall had closing games in the playoffs.

Lavine? Meh. I guess you’d have to do it if he becomes available tho

Those European guys sit around and play for their random counties all their lives and never go anywhere. They write the book on loyalty. Its gonna be all right in Dallas/Denver

Those European guys sit around and play for their random counties all their lives and never go anywhere. They write the book on loyalty. Its gonna be all right in Dallas/Denver

Generally I would agree….

But NO as it pertains to Luka…

Luka is different.

He will LEAVE if they don’t win.

Collins and Wood #SameTier. Using the “Collins has played in the conference finals” as the differentiator is silly.

Hope he leaves Slovenia too then. No half-stepping. Go play for Serbia. I dream of a Former Yuguslavia Super team that would probably beat America in Baskeball in the Olympics

You trying to start another Yugoslav war rn? Hundreds of thousands dead? For your amusement? 😭

That’s toughhhhhh

Don’t worry tho Wemby has the next 5 Olympics set. France going Gold for the next 20 years.

I don’t know what Luka’s ultimately going to do with his career.

But the arbitrary assumption that he’s different than the swaths of Euros we’ve seen stay loyal to teams that drafted them is interesting.

I’m not saying it’s wrong - but genuinely curious What prompted this belief?

Because he’s never really said or done anything that suggests it.

Back
Top Bottom